WC: Switzerland 2024 roster talk

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Fiala still has a score to settle with this tournament, especially with the OT in the GMG :)

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Fiala still has a score to settle with this tournament, especially with the OT in the GMG :)

Yeah, relly looks like he still has a mission. That's a huge commitment.

I'd guess he plays with Hischier and Kurashev, Thürkauf either replaces Jäger or goes back to the 4th line.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I think Thürkauf deserves better than a 4th line spot
Yeah, probably, but I mean, the better the 4th line the more you can split the ice time.

But putting him between Andrighetto and Niederreiter isn't the badest of ideas, I guess.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
There are two games left before Fiala joins, the new lineup will probably be based on what happens during those. Thürkauf can fit in many different spots.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I don't know when he arrives tomorrow, but if it's early in the day I think there is a good chance he already plays. I mean, he's half Czech. These are special games for him.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
With the jet lag it seems a bit optimistic to see him tomorrow, he will probably need some rest

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
The goalie situation is a kind of worrying. Berra was bad and Schmid didn‘t look good on the first but played well after and Genoni was alright but not outstanding. Id give Akira the start tomorrow and then decide between him and Genoni for the rest of the tournament

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Probably tomorrow Genoni and Schmid vs. GreatBritain, I'd say.

But Berra didn't return. Either he's injured or else he shoudln't play anymore anyway.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Yeah, Genoni tomorrow and Schmid on Thursday makes sense.

I'm more concerned about the lineup. The Andrighetto line doesn't click and the Zug line didn't do much tonight. Maybe play Niederreiter with Hischier and try Andrighetto with Haas, Thürkauf or Bertschy at center?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I wonder what's the matter with Haas. We missed him really tonight.

Thürkauf was also pretty invisible tonight.

Berra seems to be injured, at least SRF writes that.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
He already missed games during the training camp, and he got hit to the head in the last minute against Norway.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
He already missed games during the training camp, and he got hit to the head in the last minute against Norway.

Yeah I feel like he took a lot and it's bad for us

We are also really missing guys like Malgin and Corvi when it comes to offense

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
He‘s also probably the best skater on the team. And a very good PK-player.

I still don‘t get how you can cut Geisser for Fora and Jung. He wasn‘ super convincing but still a lot better than those two.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
It's rather concerning having to play basically with 2 lines against Austria.
How much ice time did Josi have, half an hour?
Now Fischer has to live with his own choices because I do not know how sustainable it is to play 4 players to their death.

That said, without a goalie that stops pucks, the czechs are going to be a problem.
I guess that the idea of bringing two experienced goalies made sense in theory, but leaving Hughes home, not great.

As often happens at the worlds, Bertschy and Ambhül step up, others not so much

Reactions: pouf pouf

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
It's rather concerning having to play basically with 2 lines against Austria.
How much ice time did Josi have, half an hour?
Now Fischer has to live with his own choices because I do not know how sustainable it is to play 4 players to their death.

That said, without a goalie that stops pucks, the czechs are going to be a problem.
I guess that the idea of bringing two experienced goalies made sense in theory, but leaving Hughes home, not great.

As often happens at the worlds, Bertschy and Ambhül step up, others not so much

I mean, same shit every year when it comes to Fischer choices :laugh: Having Egli and Geisser cut to take Fora and Jung is absolutely ridiculous too...

Will be hard against the Czechs but who knows

Josi with 27mn on ice is crazy, hope Fischer don't overuse him because we need him for the quarter

Last edited:
Reactions: pouf pouf

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
According to Blick, Fischer is not worried about Haas health so we'll see if he gets back, we need him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad