GDT: Oilers vs. Brandon Manning - Kitsches get Stitches, The Grudge Match 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, it's time that the Oilers hold opposing players accountable for their actions and i have a good feeling that Manning will be held accountable tonight

Absolutely, this brings a team together.

Funny, they're talking on Oilers Now about it. They're convinced it's going down tonight, discussing if Nurse was in the lineup he'd be the first one up demanding it be him to stick up for his roommate.

These things may not make sense to people outside of their room or outside of the game, but it matters to guys knowing you have players wanting to make anyone pay who messes with your best players.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
The only times of his NHL career that Brandon Manning is in the spotlight is when he plays against McDavid lol

I just want McDavid to rip the Flyers with 5 points tonight and then look at Manning and call him a B***** during every goal celebration.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
My mane man McDavid is going to go foal out tonight and lead us to a whinny. He is such a stud.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Flyers had no business winning last game. They hit a plume of smoke in Gustavson, now they have to go against Talbot. They ain't good enough and they know it.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Sorry, guys, I'm just confused here. Everyone and their brother knows the Manning hit on McDavid was just a fluke. There was no malice or intent there. Throughout his career, Brandon Manning has never been known as a cheap shot or dirty player. I'm sure he's just as sorry as anyone that McDavid was out last season.

Then we had the "big rematch" in Philly, and of course the media builds it up. McDavid and Manning did whatever they could to get under each other's skin, but again, I'm sure it was just gamesmanship by both of them. It's ridiculous that everyone is calling for Manning's head or revenge. If someone challenges him, he will fight and hopefully that will be it.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Sorry, guys, I'm just confused here. Everyone and their brother knows the Manning hit on McDavid was just a fluke. There was no malice or intent there. Throughout his career, Brandon Manning has never been known as a cheap shot or dirty player. I'm sure he's just as sorry as anyone that McDavid was out last season.

Then we had the "big rematch" in Philly, and of course the media builds it up. McDavid and Manning did whatever they could to get under each other's skin, but again, I'm sure it was just gamesmanship by both of them. It's ridiculous that everyone is calling for Manning's head or revenge. If someone challenges him, he will fight and hopefully that will be it.

A couple of things. 1) the Oilers did challenge Manning last game. He declined. That's not the Philly spirit I know. 2)Watch the replay. Manning grabbed McDavid, which contributed to him falling. This is obvious and indisputable. Not that he did it on purpose, but it's not like McDavid tripped on his stick or anything like that.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Manning is just a scrub trying desperately to get a sliver of the spotlight by clutching on to drama with the best player in the league. Total loser.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

No one went after him for that play. We all assumed it was an accident, there is no way McDavid would come out pissed off during the game and afterwards lying about Manning saying something regarding it.

He brought this on himself. Hopefully he steps up to the plate now.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Did Manning really say to McDavid that he did it on purpose or did McDavid misunderstand something? Thats my question.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don't care about Manning. Go destroy the Flyers on the scoreboard. They can't score for beans right now, let's keep that trend going.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I don't get why this is still a thing? They have already played this season.

Go win the game. Who cares about some 3rd pairing scrub.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
No one went after him for that play. We all assumed it was an accident, there is no way McDavid would come out pissed off during the game and afterwards lying about Manning saying something regarding it.

He brought this on himself. Hopefully he steps up to the plate now.

He never called to ask how he was doing which is commonplace when stuff like that goes down and then he tells McDavid that it was done on purpose. More than enough reason to make his night a living hell. I have a darkhorse for dishing out a jarring hit on him, Pakarinen. He should get hit and hit hard every single time that an opportunity presents itself.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Who cares?

The 2 points on the line and no one getting hurt is far more important than shutting up a 3rd pairing D man.

Who cares? That's the exact soft attitude that our bottom feeding teams of the past had.

It's about standing up for your captain and letting him know that if anyone comes at him, they're going to pay the price for doing so. It might seem trivial but these things bring locker rooms together.

Should we go out of our way and take penalties? No. But Manning needs to be challenged and not given a choice but to fight. Once it's done, move on and play hockey.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Who cares?

The 2 points on the line and no one getting hurt is far more important than shutting up a 3rd pairing D man.

Well I and other fans do because **** that guy, Connor McDavid is more important then Brandon Manning will ever be.

And, if he's going to be enough of a tool to mouth off at McDavid about hurting him on purpose, he deserves to be treated like someone who injures someone like McDavid on purpose.

Manning isn't good enough at hockey to hurt McDavid on purpose, but he wants to be responsible, make him responsible.

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
AFTERNOON UPDATES

PATTY MAROON - THE "MEATS"

“I think our MEAT’s strong. We can go… we can go up against any team.”

“If it gets physical here, like you said, we have the MEAT in here.”

“I do say it like a joke, but we’ve got some BIG UNITS in here.”

SACRIFICIAL LAMB SPEAKS - "Please don't hurt me, please"

“It’s not something I really think about…everyone kind of had some words last game. I think everyone is professional. The points are just as important to them as to us. I’ll handle on the ice, whatever happens. I was a little disappointed in with the comments of Connor the last game. That kind of bothered me. Where I come from, what happens on the ice stays on the ice. He said it’s done, we’re out here to play the hockey game … whatever happens, happens".

Manning was asked if he told McDavid he did it (hit in 2015) on purpose.

“No. Definitely not Never would. That’s not who I am. Anyone around me can vouch for that. I was pretty confused when it started. When he’s starting the second period and he’s telling me from centre ice to come on the ice, that’s something I haven’t seen in a long time. I was pretty confused by it, and disappointed with the comments after the game of being a classless hockey player. Anyone who knows me, or has been around me, (knows) that’s not my game and that’s not who I am"

Source: Mr. Gregor

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
I would guess the flyers are going to have a few bruises after this game. Kassian may make a statement and have to sit a few games for it. Mcdavid is the face of the Oilers and an opponent just spat on the Logo. It will not go un punished and the entire flyers team will pay for it. I'm close to being more excited to watch this game than the season opener.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
flyers fan here [hi, how yall doing? good, that's good]

only way we win this game [we're pretty bad-don't let the NHL's manufactured parity fool ya] is if yall make the sideshow the main act and inject some emotion into a flyers team that plays with about as much emotion as guy who's been in a coma for a few years

I'd like to see mcdavid man up and challenge manning himself, like a man manning up would re: manning, but we all know that won't happen...

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I can't wait until fighting is finally banned from hockey and this sort of neanderthal attitude can hopefully die with it. We've got people advocating forcing someone to fight even if they don't want to fight? In any other walk of life that is a crime.

It's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad