GDT: Oilers vs. Brandon Manning - Kitsches get Stitches, The Grudge Match 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Is going with same lines as last game confirmed?? I was kinda hoping they would replace Gryba with Oesterle after Gryba was terrible last game.

Re. Manning: The guy is a plug there is no need to fight/target him. Having him on the ice as much as possible is the best outcome for the Oilers. Besides, McDavid seems to play at a different level when he plays angry.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Is going with same lines as last game confirmed?? I was kinda hoping they would replace Gryba with Oesterle after Gryba was terrible last game.

Re. Manning: The guy is a plug there is no need to fight/target him. Having him on the ice as much as possible is the best outcome for the Oilers. Besides, McDavid seems to play at a different level when he plays angry.

No changes in the morning skate.

The Internet

Sep 15, 2014
Calgary, AB
Anybody going to the game? Print this poster sized and go down on the Flyer end for warmup. You will probably be on TV. :D

Also put this in the OP!

8EQAaXA.png

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
thanks guys. im at school and the horses. the fricken horses. im sure people think im some kind of freak now.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
What hurt last time was the 6-5 regulation loss and giving up 2 goal leads twice.
Get the two points, finish your checks, play THEIR stars hard and burn them out.

That's revenge.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

df272bbc9ce8561426176c57a3bd1002.jpg

Cry me a river. Prove McDavid wrong then by playing fair hockey and winning against him instead of trying to injure him to level the playing field.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I don't understand this tweet.

Does he mean McDavid wanted him to come onto the ice to fight him?

or just to try and defend him....he might have to scramble and and grab his hip....ride him from the blueline to the crease and then maybe get lucky and have mcdavid catch an edge....at that moment it's Manning's time to shine.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I read

f you, you f'ing b

Doesn't look really like a challenge to me, unless I'm lip reading wrong.

That doesn't speak to the bench comment Manning made, just to show the legit dislike.

I like this feistiness from McDavid. Angry McDavid gets better on the ice, he plays better pissed off. More aggressive.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
That doesn't speak to the bench comment Manning made, just to show the legit dislike.

I like this feistiness from McDavid. Angry McDavid gets better on the ice, he plays better pissed off. More aggressive.

Oh okay.

Yes I agree. I think getting under McDavid's skin is a good thing for us. Get him riled up!

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Honestly, if Lucic doesnt do something I will disappointed. I'm not saying jump him, or lay a dirty hit, but Looch need to go over and have a serious talk with Manning.

We got Looch to be the ultimate deterrent and score 50 points. I dont think he will achieve the latter, so he better fulfill the deterrent role.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oh okay.

Yes I agree. I think getting under McDavid's skin is a good thing for us. Get him riled up!

When he's mad he plays better. Been that way since junior, pissing off McDavid isn't good for opponents.

He plays with more aggression and drive with the puck. He goes beast mode and takes over when he's mad.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
We have Kassian, Lucic, Maroon, Hendricks and Gryba in the line up...hopefully one of them teach Manning a lesson

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm so excited for this game. The storyline is so juicy and i think it's going to be a playoff-type game. The fans need to crank it up a notch though

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'm so excited for this game. The storyline is so juicy and i think it's going to be a playoff-type game. The fans need to crank it up a notch though

Absolutely.

McDavid wouldn't make up Manning opening his mouth. Time for us to make our barn hell to come in to. Manning brought this on himself.

Winning is the most important thing, but Manning owes us a pound of flesh.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Absolutely.

McDavid wouldn't make up Manning opening his mouth. Time for us to make our barn hell to come in to. Manning brought this on himself.

Winning is the most important thing, but Manning owes us a pound of flesh.

Yeah, it's time that the Oilers hold opposing players accountable for their actions and i have a good feeling that Manning will be held accountable tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad