Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Tyson Barrie to a 1-year deal ($3.75M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
giphy.gif

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I'd be very surprised as he will be UFA. I think Seattle takes whatever young defenseman the Oilers leave exposed. Stock up on defensemen and have a ton of tradeable assets. Squeeze a couple of teams for high picks to take bad contracts especially during covid cap era.

If the rules are the same as the Vegas draft, they'll have 72 hours to sign Barrie when no other team can talk to them. If Barrie has a big season on that PP, I can definitely see Seattle attempting to make him a core part of their day 1.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I just hope they can put it all together on the ice now.

Add a goalie and I think we can say Holland has done his best with what he had.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If he puts up big point totals we better be re-signing him. Next year we have a lot more capspace to work with.

Not sure about that. I think this is a perfect bridge to Bouchard who should be ready for PP duties at minimum in 2 years. Barrie almost certainly won't be here after next year and that's fine. We just need a stopgap.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I'm more interested someone else besides Bear being able to make a pass at evens.

Our PP would have been fine without Barrie, but what this signing does is keep Bear off the #1 unit so his numbers don't get inflated. It adds the RH point shot onetimer from a right half wall pass that's been sorely lacking as a new dimension to the PP. Allows Bears and Bouchard in future seasons to follow suit in Barrie's wake.
Im not sure i agree with this post.
First i dont think our PP would have been 'fine' without Klefbom. He was able to provide some offense while not leaking the puck away.
Second I dont think Barrie will receive all the 1st unit PP time....I think Tippet share's between Barrie and Bear ...and even when Bouchard gets his two extended cups of coffee he will get some PP1 time. ...of course maybe im wrong ....but put urself in Tippet's place....With certain teams and with certain lines on the ice you may not want Barrie there.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Love it! Great fit for both parties. Oilers get a #1 unit PP QB, and Barrie gets a year to drive up his numbers on what was the best PP in the league last season and cash in next year.

Reactions: Leo360

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Not sure about that. I think this is a perfect bridge to Bouchard who should be ready for PP duties at minimum in 2 years. Barrie almost certainly won't be here after next year and that's fine. We just need a stopgap.

I wouldn't bet on that. If a guy comes in and clicks with your team in a crucial role. You don't just let those guys walk. Also theres no guarantee Bouchard is even a top 4 nhl dman. I have concerns with his apathetic play at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad