Post-Game Talk: Oilers no show in big home game, Smith outplayed by an AHL goalie

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
so our next games are Flames, Caps, and Lightening....
Come this time next week, I'd wager we will be behind Vancouver in the standings.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
I legit don’t even care anymore. This team is so flawed and Holland handcuffed us this off season by blowing all our cap on garbage. It will take a legit miracle for this club to dig out of this hole before McDrai are gone.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I legit don’t even care anymore. This team is so flawed and Holland handcuffed us this off season by blowing all our cap on garbage. It will take a legit miracle for this club to dig out of this hole before McDrai are gone.
I still can\t believe he lost out on Markstrom because he wouldn't give the extra year, but signs Smith to a 2 year contract at 39.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
upload_2022-3-6_9-32-37.png

The only way I wanna see Mike Smith play again

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Without Koskinen going 19-8-3, our season would already be over. Smith is 5-8-1 and Skinner 6-6-0. And Skinner has been sheltered and only faced weaker opponents.
Hmmm yeah Winnipeg wasn’t a weak team

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Strongly disagree with Nurse's value. He just isn't level of Makar, Fox, MacAvoy, Hedman , Josi etc who are on of the guys making ~9mil also.
I have to reluctantly agree. I’ve been a huge fan of Nurse since day one, but, outside of just taking the most minutes there is almost zero chance he plays up to that contract.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Ken Holland in 2002 and 2008?

Thing is if your argument is Holland and Chia inherited everything then objectively the guys you mentioned Zito and Yzerman both inherited way, wayyyy more of their core than both Holland and Chia did with their 2008 and 2011 teams.

So 2 in what- 26 years for Holland? With the hall of fame roster he had? Yzermen didn’t inherit anything even close to what Holland had. Most of that Tampa team he built.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McDavid played like absolute trash tonight.

He's still the best thing to happen to us in 30 years

Arguably Drai is. McD was SUPPOSED to be the best player in hockey that landed in our lap on the basis of a lottery. Drai is the player that went from good to elite prospect to Legendary HOF caliber player. That Drai has closed the gap to McD (despite carrying coolers like Yama around all season) is a pretty incredible gift. Nobody expected Drai to be this good. To Win scoring race, Rocket Richard, MVP. McD is just performing as expected, and this season he's south of that.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Last three games the team looked atrocious. They had actually looked better during their long losing skid. McDavid is putting up points and leading the league but he does not look like the McD of earlier in the season or at any point in his career. He must be dealing with something physical that we don't know about. He's way off his usual dominant self.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
I still can\t believe he lost out on Markstrom because he wouldn't give the extra year, but signs Smith to a 2 year contract at 39.

But was able to give extra years for Hyman and Nuge. Look where we are now Holland!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad