Post-Game Talk: Oilers no show in big home game, Smith outplayed by an AHL goalie

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
You know only 1 team can win it. Okay- let’s go with your line of thinking Yzermen/Brisbois and John Cooper. Tampa has one of the largest analytics depts in the NHL. Cooper uses that data set to line match, play players in the correct positions, and correct issues. 2 Stanley cups. Now, when was the last time a GM that won pre salary cap won post salary cap?
Ken Holland in 2002 and 2008?

Thing is if your argument is Holland and Chia inherited everything then objectively the guys you mentioned Zito and Yzerman both inherited way, wayyyy more of their core than both Holland and Chia did with their 2008 and 2011 teams.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Can anyone who follows the Flames provide some insight on Smiths time with them 18/19?

I'm seeing info from flames fans noting the guy was a pure lockerroom cancer which goes against his leadership spin.

I've never seen any Oilers goalie call out his own dmen as much as Smith. I really wonder who actually likes him in there.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Dark times once again.
The two most talented players in the world and we have come full circle.

Montreal is 31st overall in a 32 team league, they leapfrogged Arizona because they beat the Oilers. Chicago is 25th overall. What do fans of those organizations have to look forward to outside of the draft lotto? Kicking the shit out of the Edmonton Oilers.

It really doesn't matter who the GM of the Edmonton Oilers is as long as we go down the same path. This is a travesty of an organization and the screwy antics have worn thin.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Can anyone who follows the Flames provide some insight on Smiths time with them 18/19?

I'm seeing info from flames fans noting the guy was a pure lockerroom cancer which goes against his leadership spin.

I've never seen any Oilers goalie call out his own dmen as much as Smith. I really wonder who actually likes him in there.
This is what I've heard from some of my friends, they couldn't get him out of there fast enough.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Nurse has been mostly worth his raise, especially under Woodcroft. As his raise actually hits, he will be a year older and wiser (still is at that stage as D mature late) and most important the D around will as well. Ceci has gotten better every year of his career and it could happen again. And of course theres lots of young D here who will mature. Bouchard is the big one who is suffering from the intense NHL schedule and opposition but he will adapt.

I'm not too worried about the future D. It is the D today that is concerning, and Nurse only makes 5.6 Aav on today's D so theres no real issue there
Strongly disagree with Nurse's value. He just isn't level of Makar, Fox, MacAvoy, Hedman , Josi etc who are on of the guys making ~9mil also.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

This still chaps my ass. How convenient that he was too "injured" to speak for five minutes after the game. f***ing great leadership, Kenny.

IR or LTIR tomorrow morning.

They were still trying to dislodge the net from his ass.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I love how almost every PGT after a loss has far more activity than after a win, even though its the same people saying the same thing for pages on end.

More is written about a bad car accident than normal traffic flowing as well :nod:

You have to admit even the media are turning on Holland. I’ve read probably a dozen articles mostly from accredited MSM asking what Holland is waiting for with Smith and Skinner.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Smith did not help us last night but our powerplay has been atrocious. We had a few chances to get back in the game or keep the game close and we just don’t convert.

we gave up a shorty last night and won a challenge on a shp goal against, that’s so ugly

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
So the Oilers had 5 "harder" games from WPG to CAR and 3 "Easier " games.

Nice job gents. You got, what? 7 out of 16 points?

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Why hasn't Smith been put on waivers yet? What the hell is Holland doing?

GifMeme 06032022090203.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad