Proposal: Oilers need to trade Lucic

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
So you are going back to 13 and 14 when he was a Bruin yet, as an Oiler he fought and got the decision this year against Prout.

Man are you reaching with some horrid examples.

You also said he wouldn't even stand up to this guys which is clearly wrong as well.
"Got the decision" against prout. What were the scorecards?

Lol

He only fought him again because he was widely mocked across the NHL for keeping his gloves on and getting laid out because he wanted no part of prout the first time. Then of course when he got up and the refs got in between them then he was ready to start throwing punches

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
you mean when he went punch for punch with Orr until Orr caught him and broke his nose?

turning away a fight with Chris Neil??? Dream on Habs boy. He has split Neil's face wide open more than once.

Prout is all you got? Wow, he got him with a sucker punch. But nice job ignoring Lucic dropping Prout in the other fights...including this season.

In his career he's beaten Ruutu, Brookbank, Erskine (2x), Bell, Boll (2x), Jackman, Ivanans, Winchester, Clarkson (3x), Neil (3x), Boulton, Komisarek (3x), Oreskovic, Crombeen, Mair, Harrison, Brewer, McCormick, Prust (2x), Rosehill, Carkner (2x), Sestito, Kaleta, Rechlicz, Barch, Prout (3x), Manson, Bollig, Maroon, McLeod
Lol it's on YouTube. He turned away from Neil and covered up his face mid fight. Kind of embarrassing for such a tough guy who is a good 5-6 inches taller than neil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Lol

He only fought him again because he was widely mocked across the NHL for keeping his gloves on and getting laid out because he wanted no part of prout the first time. Then of course when he got up and the refs got in between them then he was ready to start throwing punches
Lol so he was mocked for 3 years before finally fighting him? My god man, keep reaching

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Lol

Here's one - NHL Fights from Nov 3, 2017 New Jersey-Edmonton

Here's another - Dalton Prout vs Milan Lucic Nov 3, 2017

Lucic doesn't tend to run from anyone. I highly doubt that he fought Prout because he was mocked for not fighting him before. I have a hard time believing that any NHL'ers mock Lucic for anything.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Here's one - NHL Fights from Nov 3, 2017 New Jersey-Edmonton

Here's another - Dalton Prout vs Milan Lucic Nov 3, 2017

Lucic doesn't tend to run from anyone. I highly doubt that he fought Prout because he was mocked for not fighting him before. I have a hard time believing that any NHL'ers mock Lucic for anything.
The fact that Dmen let him stand over their goalie after the whistle and don't even try to move him is all I need to see with regards to other players opinions on Lucic. He's the only player I've seen where Dmen will actually just let him just stand there after the whistle.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Not very good at math are we?
If you believe Neil is really 6'1 as listed on his player card I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you too. Neil is 5'10 on a good day

I bet you think Patrick Kane is really 5'10 as listed on his NHL bio too

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Not very good at math are we?
He's standing next to, and shorter than, Mike Richards here who is listed at 5'11 and widely known to be under six feet

2725620.jpg

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He's standing next to, and shorter than, Mike Richards here who is listed at 5'11 and widely known to be under six feet

2725620.jpg
So he's taller than 5'11 Richards, gotchya.

I hope you realize how ridiculous your posts have gotten in this thread. First claims of Lucic being afraid of guys in the league, now everyone he fights is actually multiple inches shorter than they're listed.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
So he's taller than 5'11 Richards, gotchya.

I hope you realize how ridiculous your posts have gotten in this thread. First claims of Lucic being afraid of guys in the league, now everyone he fights is actually multiple inches shorter than they're listed.
Actually only claimed that about Neil who is clearly shorter than Richards in that picture but look through whatever oilers goggles you have on

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Actually only claimed that about Neil who is clearly shorter than Richards in that picture but look through whatever oilers goggles you have on
Shorter than Richards? Are we looking at the same picture?

You know you've got nothing useful to add to this discussion when you're worrying about player heights and making up false narratives of Lucic being afraid of people.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Shorter than Richards? Are we looking at the same picture?

You know you've got nothing useful to add to this discussion when you're worrying about player heights and making up false narratives of Lucic being afraid of people.
Try leveling out their eye lines. This isn't detective work

But if you want to play dumb you're certainly welcome to continue

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Lol it's on YouTube. He turned away from Neil and covered up his face mid fight. Kind of embarrassing for such a tough guy who is a good 5-6 inches taller than neil

I remember seeing Lucic punch Neil into a bloody mess and he stopped half way through that fight too.

I think you just have an agenda against Lucic, he is certainly not a coward as you seem to be saying.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I don't know if I will catch crap for necroing this thread. I have a current debate going with some bruin fans about hindsight and foresight and whether some people see situations like this developing ahead of time and if some people will never learn from history

im adding my comment here mostly as a warning that we should be more careful about some of the stances we stake our reputations on. personally I do think it was easily foreseeable that lucic would begin to struggle mightly before the end of his contract. when he was still in boston, I personally made several arguments we couldn't bring him back. I pointed out no power player like lucic ever maintained their effectiveness past 30 without severely altering how they play the game. I don't think lucic can be effective if he alters his game

so history was against him.

the truth is he did play pretty well his first year in Edmonton. and most oiler fans in this thread were still passionately defending him right up through December. so all this narrative that the game suddenly got too fast for him is nonsense. the game didn't get faster in one freaking month

he probably got some nagging injury around Christmas time. that happens to guys that run people over every shift... they get banged up

and then... im guessing he lost some of his passion. the team was sucking and headed out of the playoffs. guys that run people over every shift hurt. it hurts to play like lucic plays. if the games don't mean anything, hes going to have a hard time putting out a max effort

lucic at less than full effort has never been a great player. hes always needed to put out a max effort to be effective.

and then he probably got stuck in a slump. as things turned bad and the fans turned on him... he probably tried to do things he shouldn't be trying. a lot of guys will struggle more in a slump because a slump hurts them.

so anyhow... now people want to make it sound like lucic is hot garbage. that it would require a first round pick to trade him. im a lucic fan and that's complete nonsense. tom wilsons best ever season... best ever... is compareable to lucics worst ever season... worst ever...

the market for a power forward monster like lucic that still had 40 points even in this completely miserable season is still going to be high

but lucics agent didn't mince words when asked. he said lucic didn't ask for a trade and Edmonton didn't ask him to waive his ntc. now either the agent is lying or theres no interest from anyone that matters to trade lucic

I personally do think he will bounce back and have a decent season BUT I STILL THINK THAT CONTRACT SUCKS. the player himself, doesn't suck. if his contract was for 5 mill at 3 years it would be a pretty decent contract for a very unique player

I wish fans didn't get so extreme with their arguments both pro and con. I share this thread with those interested so see how things can change so quick. people against lucic can all say they told you so. meanwhile some of his supporters might understand what we meant when we said its the future that is the problem.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
^its Edmonton, man. Everything is always blown way out of proportion when it’s Edmonton.

I don’t see people saying that the Islanders or the Sabres would have to include a first or one of their best prospects to move Ladd or Okposo.

Reactions: 780il

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
^its Edmonton, man. Everything is always blown way out of proportion when it’s Edmonton.

I don’t see people saying that the Islanders or the Sabres would have to include a first or one of their best prospects to move Ladd or Okposo.

Those are also two teams that aren't right up against the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00