Too bold?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Rieder - McDavid - Drai
Lucic - RNH - Puljujarvi
Khaira - Strome - Aberg/Yamamoto
Caggiula - Brodziak - Kassian

Too bold?

Certainly interesting combination. Think depends on JP because I don’t think RNH can carry a line by himself.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
You didn't answer the question. I simply stated that if the Oilers were to make a move like trading Lucic, would you update the table? So that this thread could be used all throughout the summer as the Oilers make changes.

RNH (6 M)-McDavid (12.5 M)-Rattie (0.8 M)
Lucic (6 M)-Draisaitl (8.5 M)-Rieder (2 M)
Khaira(0.675 M)-Strome ( 3 M)-Puljujarvi (0.925 M)
Caggiula (1.5 M)-Brodziak (1.15 M)-Kassian (1.95 M)

Klefbom (4.166 M)-Larsson (4.166 M)
Nurse (4.25 M)-Sekera (5.5 M)
Russell (4 M)-Benning (1.9 M)

Talbot (4.166 M)
Koskinen (2.5 M)

Buyouts/minors = 1.33 M + 0.33 M + 0.33 M = 1.99 M
Total Cap Hit = 77.638 M

Pretty much how I see it as well; with the bolded RW's changing places often. To a slightly lesser extent, probably all of the LW's too...save for RNH, one would hope.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Rieder - McDavid - Drai
Lucic - RNH - Puljujarvi
Khaira - Strome - Aberg/Yamamoto

Too bold?
Top 6 looks pretty similar to last year, which might be fine if the defence can bounce back to useful and move the puck. (healthy Sekra and Klefbom)

I'd like to see what Drai can do with Lucic for an extended time to start the season. Drai can slow the play down a bit for him while still being effective.

RNH - McDavid - Rieder/Yamamoto
Lucic - Drai - Puljujarvi
Khaira - x - Rieder/Yamamoto

Haven't watched Rieder enough to know where he should play.

edit.. stupid phone

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I have a totally irrational hate for Strome.... don't even really know why. He makes every line combo I try to make sad lol.
You and me both.

He's not a true winger but he's not a really good centre. It's like Andrew Cogliano all over again.

Paddy Padlock

Sep 16, 2017
Lucic and Drai had atrocious numbers last season.

Drai and Lucic/Caggiula should be kept apart at all cost. Same goes for McDavid and Caggiula.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I think you leave RNH and McDavid together no matter what.

Bingo. Nuge is on a decent contract for a first line winger. No reason to move him down to the 3C. Great to have an extre centre on the roster in case there are injury issues, but why move the player who has clicked the most with McDavid?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
McDavid line is not the one I worry about. It's what production are the 3 other lines going to give you that's the far bigger issue.

As of right now this is a one line team, I don't see opponents having any fear of any other line combo on this team.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Les basket de all eggs edition

RNH-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-Strome-Puljujarvi
Rieder-Brodziak-Yamamoto
Caggiula-Khaira-Kassian

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Lucic and Drai had atrocious numbers last season.

Drai and Lucic/Caggiula should be kept apart at all cost. Same goes for McDavid and Caggiula.
IMO Drai and a good off-season is Lucic's last chance to be a 2LW on this team. Might as well find out if he can do it with an extended chance to earn that cheque. If not, ask him to wave his NMC once a week without an ounce of remorse.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Down by a goal in the 3rd and I shorten the bench and go with

RNH McD Drai
Lucic Strome Yamo
Rieder Khaira Pulju

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
All these line combos are depressing a.f.

Barring any further moves, this roster is just slightly worse on paper than last season's.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Draisaitl and Lucic don't work. Leon needs someone who thinks the game fast and can skate to play with.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
RNH - McDavid - Rattie
Rieder - Draisaitl - Puljujarvii
Lucic - Brodziak - Strome/Kassian
Aberg/Caggiula - Khaira - Yamamoto

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
All these line combos are depressing a.f.

Barring any further moves, this roster is just slightly worse on paper than last season's.

Pretty much, anyone who looks at our roster and sees a playoff team is fooling themselves. Our line up looks to me like

Mcdavid/Drai have to carry the entire offense, still minimal experienced solid depth. Mcdavid has shown he can score 108 points and still have not even sniff a playoff spot. Jury is still out on Drai being a consistent line driver
Our defense is below average at best, our top pairing would be number 3-4 on majority of teams. Nurse/Sekera/Russell at this point should all be 5-6 defensemen, but will play top 4.

Talbot is suspect after last season, Koskinen is a wild card

Who would have thought going into 4 years after being gifted a generational player our management would still be to incompetent to sorround him with talent to be a real playoff contender, not even cup

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Pretty much, anyone who looks at our roster and sees a playoff team is fooling themselves. Our line up looks to me like

Mcdavid/Drai have to carry the entire offense, still minimal experienced solid depth. Mcdavid has shown he can score 108 points and still have not even sniff a playoff spot. Jury is still out on Drai being a consistent line driver
Our defense is below average at best, our top pairing would be number 3-4 on majority of teams. Nurse/Sekera/Russell at this point should all be 5-6 defensemen, but will play top 4.

Who would have thought going into 4 years after being gifted a generational player our management would still be to incompetent to sorround him with talent to be a real playoff contender, not even cup

Maybe I'm just fooling myself but I'd put $100 on the Oilers making the playoffs. You game? I'd take up to 10 separate bets if others want a chance to back up their stance on this team and take my hard earned money. PM me if you're game.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Right now I think I have it as

1. Nashville
2. St. Louis
3. Winnipeg

1. San Jose
2. LA Kings
3. Las Vegas

Wild Cards

1. Minnesota
2. Calgary or Colorado

Edmonton, Chicago, Dallas all in the mix but miss.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nuge McDavid Rattie
Lucic Drai Pulju
Reider Strome Yams
Khaira Brodziak Kassian

If we start off slow though, McLellan can go back to his old ways

Nuge McDavid Drai
Just Try To
Not Get Scored
On Pretty Please

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015

I must be fooling myself because when I look at our roster I see pretty much the same one that went to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad