Sekera-Russell

Depth Dmen:
Gravel/Bear

Talbot
Koskinen

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
If the Oilers do sign Lance Bouma. Which sounds like it could happen...

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Reider-Draisaitl-Strome
Lucic-Bouma-Yamamoto
Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Caggiula and Rattie as the extra forwards.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Benning
Sekera-Russell
Gravel

Let Bear and Bouchard get a little more seasoning.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Nuge 97 Yamo
Lucic Leon JP
Khaira Strome Reider
Drake Brod kassian
Aberg, rattie

Klef Larsson
Sekera Bouchard
Nurse Benning
Russell

Talbot
kosk

Pp:
JP Leon 97 Nuge Bouchard
Yamo Strome lucic Drake klef

Pk:
Brod kassian
Khaira reider
Nuge Strome

Klef larsson
Nurse benning
sekera

We need to give Yamo and JP opportunity. Just like Nylander/ marner/ Laine.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
RNH - McDavid - Yamamoto
Lucic - Draisaitl - Rieder
Khaira - Strome - Puljujarvi
Caggiula - Brodziak - Kassian
Aberg, Rattie

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Russell
Nurse - Benning/Bouchard
Benning/Bouchard

Talbot
Koskinen

Notes:
- Yamamoto works better this time around because on this line he can be the third man and learn from the duo.

- Rieder and Pulju will be interchangable depending on who is going when

- I think Bouchard makes it near impossible to send him down. Him and Benning will alternate depending on the opposing team. That said Bouchard might be sent down after 9 games anyways and then Gravel will be up.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Lucic-McDavid-Yamamoto
RNH-Draisaitl-Rieder
Caggiula-Strome-Puljujarvi
Khaira-Brodziak-Rattie

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Benning
Russell-Bouchard

Koskinen
Talbot

Sekera is gonna pull a Nikitin.

Wierd statement. Nikita has never even been remotely close to as good as Sekera has ever been and I didn't think even had injury to blame it on. Could be wrong about the injury.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Wierd statement. Nikita has never even been remotely close to as good as Sekera has ever been and I didn't think even had injury to blame it on. Could be wrong about the injury.

Nikitin only played half that first season with the Oilers. Was he really making $4.5M and pressboxed half the season? With the growth in the cap that's the equivalent of $5M in the coming season for a player who wasn't good enough to be an everyday player for the Oilers in his first season with the team.

My goodness MacT was a dreadful GM.

Reactions: Aerchon

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Lucic-McDavid-Yamamoto
RNH-Draisaitl-Rieder
Caggiula-Strome-Puljujarvi
Khaira-Brodziak-Rattie

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Benning
Russell-Bouchard

Koskinen
Talbot

Sekera is gonna pull a Nikitin.
giphy.gif

JariCurry

Sep 10, 2005
wild cards are strome and nurse--the addition of Brodziuk could mean that strome is on the outside looking in-we will resign Nurse

Bouchard will start with the oilers--Sekera being a natural LHD will play with him--after 9 games if he is not ready--move Sekera to RHD with Nurse on LHD and move Russell with Benning

wild card to this line up is strome

what is your Cap hit line up

LinesLeft WingCap hitCenterCap HitRight WingCap Hit
1Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan "A"6McDavid, Connor "C"12.5Puljujärvi, Jesse0.925
2Lucic, Milan "A"6Draisaitl, Leon8.5Rieder, Tobias2
3Åberg, Pontus0.65Brodziak, Kyle1.15Rattie, Ty0.8
4Khaira, Jujhar0.675Caggiula, Drake1.5Kassian, Zack1.9542.65
Left DCap HitRight DCap HitGoaliesCap hit
Sekera, Andrej5.5Evan Bouchard0.9Talbot, Cam4.166
Klefbom, Oscar4.166Larsson, Adam "A"4.166Koskinen, Mikko2.5
Nurse, Darnell4Benning, Matthew1.9
Russell, Kris4
BuyoutPouliot, Benoit1.333
Gryba, Eric0.3
BurriedMontoya, Al0.3
Cap79.5
space3.619
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

JariCurry

Sep 10, 2005
wild cards are strome and nurse--the addition of Brodziuk could mean that strome is on the outside looking in-we will resign Nurse

Bouchard will start with the oilers--Sekera being a natural LHD will play with him--after 9 games if he is not ready--move Sekera to RHD with Nurse on LHD and move Russell with Benning

wild card to this line up is strome

what is your Cap hit line up

LinesLeft WingCap hitCenterCap HitRight WingCap Hit
1Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan "A"6McDavid, Connor "C"12.5Puljujärvi, Jesse0.925
2Lucic, Milan "A"6Draisaitl, Leon8.5Rieder, Tobias2
3Åberg, Pontus0.65Brodziak, Kyle1.15Rattie, Ty0.8
4Khaira, Jujhar0.675Caggiula, Drake1.5Kassian, Zack1.9542.65
Left DCap HitRight DCap HitGoaliesCap hit
Sekera, Andrej5.5Evan Bouchard0.9Talbot, Cam4.166
Klefbom, Oscar4.166Larsson, Adam "A"4.166Koskinen, Mikko2.5
Nurse, Darnell4Benning, Matthew1.9
Russell, Kris4
BuyoutPouliot, Benoit1.333
Gryba, Eric0.3
BurriedMontoya, Al0.3
Cap79.5
space3.619
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2018 10th overall pick defenseman penciled in on the first pairing.... I'll eat my shorts if that plays out. It's ridiculous how even management is talking like he has a legit chance at making the team.... even the guy picked 1st overall is going to struggle this year

Reactions: CanadianSniper

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
The Wild cards are Lucic, Puljujarvi and .TMAC.The two forwards have to be better. TMAC must be more flexible. He stuck with Lucic in the top 6 too long and saddled Drai with him far too long. In my opinion Caggiula never deserved top 6 minutes and Pulj never saw top 6 after Christmas. Rieder was obviously brought in to work with Drai. Lucic should get a LIMITED opportunity on that line. By my eye 27-29-98 should never get a single shift together. Is there a problem if Pulj turns out to be a CHEAP 3rd line defensively responsible winger. I see Lucic on the 3rd or 4th line and Pulj on 2RW with Rieder and Drai. I fear TMAC doesn’t do it til January a week before he’s fired.

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
RNH - McDavid - Yamamoto/Rattie
We all saw that RNH and McDavid just pain worked ~ would love to see Yama get going, but Rattie (or any of the rightwingers) should be given shots as play dictates (accountability and hot hands)
Khaira - Draisaitl - Rieder
I honestly don't know much of Rieder, so I'm reaching with this line. I wouldn't mind Lucic seeing some time on this line (again, when play warrents it)
Lucic - Strome - Puljujarvi/Aberg
I love Lucic, but I don't think he works well with McDavid or Drai — I believe controlled entries have deminished his game here more than his age, wear and tear, or losing a step. Get him chasing, crashing bodies, and causing chaos.
Another dump and chase line. I'm happy Brodziak is back, and I hope for his success on the 4th line and PK. Both Kass and Drake should see time in the top 9 with injuries and as play dictates ~ I hope they take advantage and push everyone else to be better.
Aberg/Rattie
Not saying they will be on the outside looking in, I'm just wearing my rose coloured glasses, and Yama/Pulju starting off the season able to be locked into lines would be relieving.

Klefbom - Larsson
I'd like to see a step up from the success they had in 2016/17. It would be great if they could eat 25 minutes a night, and lesson the load Russel and Benning have to carry. They are both young enough that year should not be their peak.
Nurse - Sekera
I believe Sekera has played his off side before. This pair should be able to eat 20+ minutes in fine fashion, and probably supply some offense.
Russell - Benning
Playing under 15 minutes a night of somewhat sheltured minutes should allow this pair to have success.
Bear/Bouchard
Don't know much about Gravel, but I'm hopping Bear can muscle his way into the 7th spot. I've got Bouchard in there too, if he shows he's ready, we hopefully have the depth to shelter/develop him on the third pairing.

Talbot
Koskinen

I've got a lot of time for Talbot, but hopefully Koskinen can step in and push Talbot to be better if he looks to faulter. Koskinen is a gamble, but I like the move.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a Rieder - Drai - Puju line. Solid mix of speed, size, and shooting ability on that line. Really hope Puljujarvi can step up this season, would be huge for us.

Reactions: PulYou and 5 14 6 1

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
RNH-McDavid-Caggiula
Rieder-Draisailt-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Yamamoto
Khaira-Broadziak-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russel
Sekera-Benning/Bear/Bouchard

Kinda more what I expect to happen than what I wish happens

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Nuge-McD-Rattie
Rieder-Drai-Pulju
Lucic-Strome-Caggiula
Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Nurse-Larson
Klefbom-Sekera
Russel-Benning

Actually really like the second and fourth line in paper. I can see Yamamoto making the team for sure but one of Caggiula or Rattie will have to have a bad showing for that to happen IMO. Not making the team will set the fire under his ass even hotter. Piss him off like Drai and have him work his ass off in the AHL.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Nuge-McD-Rattie
Looch-Drai-JP
Reider-Strome-Yamo
Cags-Brodz-Kassian

Nurse-Larsson
Klef-Russel
Sekera-Bouchard

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
RNH - McDavid - Rattie (Give Rattie 15ish games, if hes not cutting it call up Yamm or try Aberg/Pulju)
Lucic - Draisatl - Rieder
Khaira - Strome - Pulju
Aberg

Nurse - Larsson
Sekera - Russell
Klefbom - Benning/Bear
Gravel

Talbot
Koskinen

Something like that, I like having lots of options at center but our wings are pretty anemic. I foresee a lot of moving around to find out who fits with who.

In a perfect world we trade Lucic and acquire a vet top 9 winger, and swap Sekera/Russell for a puck moving RHD. Not saying 1 for 1 deals but in a series of moves

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Lucic 97 Yamamoto
Rieder Leon Strome
Khaira Nuge JP
Drake KB Kass

I still like 97-Leon-Nuge down the middle.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
RNH - McDavid - Rattie (Give Rattie 15ish games, if hes not cutting it call up Yamm or try Aberg/Pulju)
Lucic - Draisatl - Rieder
Khaira - Strome - Pulju
Aberg

Nurse - Larsson
Sekera - Russell
Klefbom - Benning/Bear
Gravel

Talbot
Koskinen

Something like that, I like having lots of options at center but our wings are pretty anemic. I foresee a lot of moving around to find out who fits with who.

In a perfect world we trade Lucic and acquire a vet top 9 winger, and swap Sekera/Russell for a puck moving RHD. Not saying 1 for 1 deals but in a series of moves
But it’s not a perfect world. TM is the coach! He goes to Europe with
93-97-8
27-29-91
Rieder-18-98
16-Brodziak-44
Aberg the only extra forward with Gravel 7thD and Bouchard gets a gift trip overseas.
I believe Bouchard goes back to junior and early on Montoya returns as Koskinen returns(loan) to Finland. I see Yamamoto taking over 1RW, Rieder and Pulj as 2W’s , Lucic at 4W, Aberg and Kassian traded or lost on waivers. Bear Marody and PRussell on roster in the new year

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Here's a different look

RNH McDavid Kassian
Reider Draisaitl Puljujarvi
Lucic Strome Yamamoto
Khaira Brodziak Aberg/Bouwma

Nurse Larsson
Klefbom Sekera
Russell Benning

Yes Kassian on the top line. Why not? He's fast and he can mix it up if anyone decides to do something stupid to RNH or McDavid, Pouliot and Maroon had success with McDavid, I think Kassian can too. He's played with the Sedins before in Vancouver, so it's not like he can't play with skilled forwards.

Lucic better smash anyone's face in if they look side ways at Yamamoto.

If you want a faster lineup, insert Aberg, if you want tougher, go with Bouwma.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad