TSN: Oilers getting a lot of calls on Nurse

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Its strange seeing all the rumors of Nurse being dealt since Holland took over. Ive seen this a few times now.

Very weird situation.. I get that Oilers need to make some tough decisions and MAY have to deal someone that wont be a popular situation amongst fans, but not Nurse I wouldnt think. IMO he is exactly who Oilers desperately NEED to keep... Who knows maybe there are rumblings he is expecting a massive long term deal next offseason and Holland isnt a fan of that situation.

Usually i assume this is all nonsense, but its strange that ive seen this a few times now... Its not exactly a boring time of year when reporters are desperate for rumors/news

I dunno, i dont buy it but i guess anything can happen this offseason i guess!!

Reactions: cardinalnation

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Such a perfect fit for the Habs, but he's also incredibly important to Edmonton's future.

Habs have the future pieces to match value, but it's unlikely Oilers would accept a package of futures. Mtl doesn't really have the depth to offer some young stud already playing in the NHL.

That all being said, if the Oilers ever wanted to start building for the future again, I'd be willing to part with some pretty nice pieces on the Habs for Nurse.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Nurse is going to be a beast next 8 seasons improved every year , will peak next 2 seasons and solid into his 30's empty the vault for him or no thx

Reactions: KYams17

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Its strange seeing all the rumors of Nurse being dealt since Holland took over. Ive seen this a few times now.

Very weird situation.. I get that Oilers need to make some tough decisions and MAY have to deal someone that wont be a popular situation amongst fans, but not Nurse I wouldnt think. IMO he is exactly who Oilers desperately NEED to keep... Who knows maybe there are rumblings he is expecting a massive long term deal next offseason and Holland isnt a fan of that situation.

Usually i assume this is all nonsense, but its strange that ive seen this a few times now... Its not exactly a boring time of year when reporters are desperate for rumors/news

I dunno, i dont buy it but i guess anything can happen this offseason i guess!!

I'm the biggest Nurse supporter and this is the only rumour I've heard about him to be honest (since Holland took over)

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
If Detroit called and offered Mantha + AA for nurse + 8th, would the Oilers do it ?

Not an Oilers fan or Red Wings fan, but if I was the Oilers I would love to do that. Imagine AA on McDavid's wing. Wow. Maybe the 2 fastest players in the league?

As for Nurse in general, I would look at packaging Nurse with Lucic. Not only do I think Nurse is a sell-high, but I think the Oilers HAVE to right their cap woes sooner rather than later.

Reactions: yababy

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Well im pretty sure they get alot of call on McDavid too.... Nurse isnt going anywhere lock this already

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Such a perfect fit for the Habs, but he's also incredibly important to Edmonton's future.

Habs have the future pieces to match value, but it's unlikely Oilers would accept a package of futures. Mtl doesn't really have the depth to offer some young stud already playing in the NHL.

That all being said, if the Oilers ever wanted to start building for the future again, I'd be willing to part with some pretty nice pieces on the Habs for Nurse.

There’s not much reason to consider a 24 year old defenceman as not part of the future.

Guys like Poehling and Brook are nice prospects but they might also be nothing.

Even getting a guy like Domi or Gallagher would just shift the hole in the lineup from the wing to defence.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I dunno. If team like Toronto offers, Kadri, Zaistev, Sandin for Nurse and Lucic(2 mill retained)...

This is delusional. Nurse isn't that good and he makes stupid mistakes very often. Oiler fans regularly complain about his decision making. He's definitely an asset, but let's pump the breaks a bit.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
As bad as an idea it is to move him, if teams are calling, you gotta listen... Alot of teams would LOVE to have him and may be willing to give up some significant pieces

Oilers need to make changes BAD and im sure Holland wants to start making his mark on this team. Although all the focus is on the RFA situation around the league, i am extremely interested to see what changes Oilers make. Tough choices need to be made this offseason in Oiltown

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
Nurse won't be moved. he is their best d-man..... Oh wait, Subban was traded in the past and....

The difference here is that oilers have no goalie (mtl had price) and Therrien HATED subban...im sure nurse isnt hated...

Also...the oilers cant afford to let nurse go...oilers have one of the worse defence in the league...trading nurse will only make things worse

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I can see Ehlers playing on McDavids wing. I mean Ehlers is a very fast skater and he's also good with the puck.

Ehlers for Nurse may just be a pretty good hockey trade, but the Oilers can't afford to lose more D though. They are pretty light on D as it is.
No need for a winger for McDavid. Wr need a scorer for Nuge.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
there is an old saying in sales that if people are banging on the door for something the price is too low or you have a gold mine. dont sell.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
The difference here is that oilers have no goalie (mtl had price) and Therrien HATED subban...im sure nurse isnt hated...

Also...the oilers cant afford to let nurse go...oilers have one of the worse defence in the league...trading nurse will only make things worse
not to mention hes close to mc david.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
I dunno. If team like Toronto offers, Kadri, Zaistev, Sandin for Nurse and Lucic(2 mill retained)...

Not downgrading heavily on Nurse for Zaitsev and trading for Kadri - one of the few positions we are half decent.

The typical we will give you a bunch of spare parts for your good player!

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
If Detroit called and offered Mantha + AA for nurse + 8th, would the Oilers do it ?

I don't like the idea of taking on 2 difficult RFA negotiations in exchange for one. The Oilers 8th overall pick is cost controlled.
Won't work from a salary point of view but I don't mind if as a hockey trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad