TSN: Oilers getting a lot of calls on Nurse

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
40 point smooth skating defencemen don't grow on trees.

The return would have to be super good for the Oilers to trade him.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I can see Ehlers playing on McDavids wing. I mean Ehlers is a very fast skater and he's also good with the puck.

Ehlers for Nurse may just be a pretty good hockey trade, but the Oilers can't afford to lose more D though. They are pretty light on D as it is.

Reactions: Crabapple and hn777

Jul 6, 2016
Nurse won't be moved. he is their best d-man..... Oh wait, Subban was traded in the past and....

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Holland is not gonna trade potential core pieces. I'm not an Oilers fan so I'm not sure how the Oilers view Nurse, but if he's a core piece for the future, take it from me, he's not getting traded unless it's an overpayment.

I would be inclined to agree. It would take a pretty damned good offer. The forward upgrade would have to be massive and we’d probably need a replacement D back, and all this would have to be accomplished without adding significant cap to Edmonton’s payroll. Tall order.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Oilers don't have all that much to be proud of outside Mcdavid and Drai. Nurse is something they should be proud of and they should not even contemplate moving him.

Reactions: MC2D and KYams17

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The whole not wild on moving him is a sign of Holland thinking "I'm not going to say no, if someone throws me a massive dumb overpay I would be dumb to turn it down"

Reactions: DarthProbert

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The Oilers don't have all that much to be proud of outside Mcdavid and Drai. Nurse is something they should be proud of and they should not even contemplate moving him.
I dunno. If team like Toronto offers, Kadri, Zaistev, Sandin for Nurse and Lucic(2 mill retained)...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, I am sure that Toronto will sell the farm for a middle pairing LD lmao
They won't. And that's the point. If a team offers something insane for him then of course he will consider it but I don't think any team will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad