TSN: Oilers getting a lot of calls on Nurse

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
Not sure why the Oilers would move on from Nurse.

It does say that he isn’t wild about it. Of course he will take calls, that’s his job.

That being said, we have a log jam on D right now and Nurse just had a career year. If they ever planned on trading him, this would be the time. He is due for a big raise next year and the expansion draft is coming.

But he isn’t Chiarelli. It would have to be a hockey trade. They need an offensive RHD.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I would be inclined to agree. It would take a pretty damned good offer. The forward upgrade would have to be massive and we’d probably need a replacement D back, and all this would have to be accomplished without adding significant cap to Edmonton’s payroll. Tall order.

My opinion is based on knowing Holland as a Wings fan. He will not trade young players with top-pairing potential unless it's a stellar return, which I don't see outside of an overpayment.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, I am sure that Toronto will sell the farm for a middle pairing LD lmao

Nurse was 22nd in ATOI, 18th in even strength scoring, 11th in shots, 22nd in hits, and 23rd in blocks among defencemen. All this, and his most common partner by a mile was Kris Russell and they faced heavy defensive zonestarts.

You are sorely mistaken if you think he’s some run of the mill middle pairing defenceman. He’s not perfect and has some work to do to clean up his play in front of the net but he’s absolutely not available for the usual spare parts that Leaf fans would call a fair offer.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Nurse was 22nd in ATOI, 18th in even strength scoring, 11th in shots, 22nd in hits, and 23rd in blocks among defencemen. All this, and his most common partner by a mile was Kris Russell.

You are sorely mistaken if you think he’s some run of the mill middle pairing defenceman.

If Nurse is on your top pair, you are not a very good team.

And that's besides the point. He used the Leafs when their deepest position is LD and he'd be on the bottom pairing here.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

And that's besides the point. He used the Leafs when their deepest position is LD and he'd be on the bottom pairing here.
I mean, one of Rielly, Muzzin or Nurse would play on the right side if they acquired him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

He’s better than Muzzin, for one, and for another I don’t care where you slot him. He’s not available, and he’s definitely not available for what Toronto would/could offer.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He’s better than Muzzin, for one, and for another I don’t care where you slot him. He’s not available, and he’s definitely not available for what Toronto would/could offer.
Nurse is absolutely not better than Muzzin. His defensive game doesn't come close to Muzzins. Offensively they are similar with the edge to Nurse but still.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Frank Seravalli was just on TSN1260 in Edmonton and reported that Holland is fielding a ton of calls on Nurse right now.

He went on to say that the Oilers aren’t wild about moving him.

Of all the many problems the Oilers have Nurse is not one of them. To say moving Nurse would be making a move simply for the sake of making move is true almost regardless of the return -not that they'd get a better one anyway.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nurse is absolutely not better than Muzzin. His defensive game doesn't come close to Muzzins. Offensively they are similar with the edge to Nurse but still.

Says a confirmed Nurse hater. Some Oiler fans wouldn’t know a good defenceman if he crosschecked them in the teeth. The only thing he didn’t do for this team last year is conjure up a partner better than Cowboy Starfish.

Muzzin is a #3 at best.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Says a confirmed Nurse hater. Some Oiler fans wouldn’t know a good defenceman if he crosschecked them in the teeth. The only thing he didn’t do for this team last year is conjure up a partner better than Cowboy Starfish.

Muzzin is a #3 at best.
And Nurse is a #4.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
It does say that he isn’t wild about it. Of course he will take calls, that’s his job.

That being said, we have a log jam on D right now and Nurse just had a career year. If they ever planned on trading him, this would be the time. He is due for a big raise next year and the expansion draft is coming.

But he isn’t Chiarelli. It would have to be a hockey trade. They need an offensive RHD.

LOL so you trade the player after he comes into his own and becomes very valuable to the team? Am I having a stroke or are you smoking something amazing

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
#4 defencemen don’t play the icetime I mentioned or put up the offensive and defensive numbers I mentioned.

Trading Nurse would be dumping Petry off a cliff all over again.
If you looked into his numbers that I posted numerous times, his defensive advanced stats were terrible and bottom 2 on the team by a decent margin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad