TSN: Oilers getting a lot of calls on Nurse

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I respectfully disagree. Edmonton has to get out from this cap hell. You can't waste some of McDavid's prime years. I'd do whatever I could outside of trading the big boys to fix the issue and start building a winner. Holding onto a figment of a team is pointless.

We're not far into cap hell. Getting out of cap hell can start by unloading easier to move pieces like Manning, Russell or Benning. Moving 2 of those would go a long way.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
Look, I get it, the Oil want to hold on to one of their guys who have developed into an NHL player. But, lets be honest about his current value to OTHER TEAMS. He is a big strong kid who can skate. He isn't the strongest defender off the rush and makes too many questionable plays.
I think the kid will continue to get better, so I see no reason for the Oil to trade him right now. I do think he is one of the players that is part of the solution, not the problem.
Ehlers holds more value. He is a 60 plus point, dynamic winger. Even last season, he was trending to 50 plus over a full season, in a down year.
In what world does a winger who MAY hit 60 points a year have more worth than a young fast hard hitting defenseman who just put up more points than the said winger. you need 2 of those wingers to get a Defenseman of Nurses Quality. Man people say we are over valuing nurse, but look at that over valuation.

Reactions: Homesick

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I put Nurse over Klefbom as a core piece based on age, Klefbom’s injury history and Nurse’s relationship with McDavid.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Nurse was 22nd in ATOI, 18th in even strength scoring, 11th in shots, 22nd in hits, and 23rd in blocks among defencemen. All this, and his most common partner by a mile was Kris Russell and they faced heavy defensive zonestarts.

You are sorely mistaken if you think he’s some run of the mill middle pairing defenceman. He’s not perfect and has some work to do to clean up his play in front of the net but he’s absolutely not available for the usual spare parts that Leaf fans would call a fair offer.
Dont listen to Kami. His thoughts on Nurse are out to lunch. Has a history of this. Id gladly take Nurse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad