TSN: Oilers getting a lot of calls on Nurse

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
No one is saying trade him for a ****ing 2nd and 3rd round pick

Why trade him at all? It’s so hard to get quality D. You have to develop them. And you want to get rid of him after a year of coming into his own? No offer will be worth what he is worth to us. Count on it

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Why trade him at all? It’s so hard to get quality D. You have to develop of them. And you want to get rid of him after a year of coming into his own? No offer will be worth what he is worth to us. Count on it

Right. Young good d-men with tools like Nurse has should be kept at all cost, not traded.

Reactions: KYams17

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Why trade him at all? It’s so hard to get quality D. You have to develop them. And you want to get rid of him after a year of coming into his own? No offer will be worth what he is worth to us. Count on it
If it's a massive overpay that would be dumb to turn down.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
What side does Nurse play? Would he help Blues on the PP point? Why have we been hearing his name for 6 months on the block if Oilers are happy with him? To me there is something there fellas. This is past just media speculation IMO. There is a reason this keeps coming up. Just saying. I bet Oilers would have Kyrou pretty high on their board. Seems to be their kind of player. Good skates, high ceiling.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
It's normal for teams to be calling, a lot of teams can use a guy like Nurse. But the Oilers aren't shopping him around, they'll listen and if someone is willing to offer the over-payment required to move a guy like him, so be it.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
As a side note my buddy back home is a Huge Oilers guy and thinks Oilers should trade for Jake the Snake. Talbots was brutal last year and the back up is just a place holder. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Allen was in the Oil drop next season.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
40 point smooth skating defencemen don't grow on trees.

The return would have to be super good for the Oilers to trade him.
Gus on the Hawks is a 60 point elite skating defenseman.

Nurse gets nowhere near what Gus could. Just saying

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What side does Nurse play? Would he help Blues on the PP point? Why have we been hearing his name for 6 months on the block if Oilers are happy with him? To me there is something there fellas. This is past just media speculation IMO. There is a reason this keeps coming up. Just saying. I bet Oilers would have Kyrou pretty high on their board. Seems to be their kind of player. Good skates, high ceiling.

The rumours are that teams are calling, not that Edmonton is shopping.

Kyrou would be an OK start.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
Gus on the Hawks is a 60 point elite skating defenseman.

Nurse gets nowhere near what Gus could. Just saying
to assume what players will or will not do only makes an ass out of u and me. but mostly you. I bet you lowered nurses value with that one! good one!

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Nurse is absolutely not better than Muzzin. His defensive game doesn't come close to Muzzins. Offensively they are similar with the edge to Nurse but still.

24 year old Nurse is head and shoulders above 24 year old Muzzin. Apples to apples bro
Anyone who has Nurse now is getting him at prime years already developed by his original team.
I would not trade him

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Don't trade him Holland. Young dmen like this kid are incredibly rare and he's only getting better and better every season. If he can fix his habit of getting lost in the defensive zone/leaving the net front open he'll be a solid #2d for a long time.

Unless of course you get an offer that's to hard to pass up. Then say sayonara.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
to assume what players will or will not do only makes an ass out of u and me. but mostly you. I bet you lowered nurses value with that one! good one!
No more then Oilers fans raising Nurses value on these forums.

You go, girl!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad