Confirmed with Link: Oilers claim Colby Cave off waivers

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Who the f*** is Colby Cave. Oh wait...Boston , Chia loves anything and everything from Boston.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I haven't been this excited since we picked Paul Coffey.

Why do I get the impression you were making this face while typing out this post :laugh:.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Doesn’t master that no one has ever heard of him. In true HFB’s style, some of the flyboys will pencil him into our future lineup, project all his goal totals and provide contract offers.

We could sign him for 8 years at league minimum now and look like geniuses when he triples his point totals!

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
We complained when Tambellini and MacT were GMs and we never made any waiver wire moves.

Now we complain when Chia makes them.

Guess the common denominator is... we complain.

Maybe after seeing the players claimed they have realised that most players are on waivers because they aren't good enough to contribute in the NHL.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
We complained when Tambellini and MacT were GMs and we never made any waiver wire moves.

No, the common denominator is that we suck no matter what we do.

Reactions: Aerrol

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Maybe after seeing the players claimed they have realised that most players are on waivers because they aren't good enough to contribute in the NHL.
I think the reason these no names guys are being claimed is that it is now obvious to even the great Chia that there are strong possibilities that waiver wire fodder could be better than half of his present roster..
It's funny how writing off someone you've never heard of is apparently the intellectual high ground.
it was a joke, sweet pea, relax. I’m sure he’ll be spectacular based on all the other acquisitions Chia has made.
Better?

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Chia has a pretty horrible track record when it comes to players that he's seen and wanted to bring over.

He's bad at everything, so excuse me if I don't really have any expectations for this player other than another contract on the docket.

Reactions: Aerrol

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops

I don't get it either. Its good to take chances on free stuff.
Sometimes you find a diamond in the rough

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
My head hurts. Chiarelli is aging me 10 years every day. Lol

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Took a quick turn around the Bruins thread. Some of them liked him better than Acciari but for the most part aren’t going to lose sleep now that he’s gone.

I take it as a reasonably good sign, but I personally dont think the coaching staff will even play him much. If you look at other teams boards around players like Petrovic, Manning etc I doubt you would see any of their fans praising them. Which makes you wonder what the Oilers GM/Pro Scouts see? Liked Petrovic/Manning as a junior player so they must still be good? Seems like theres a lot of incompetencies in some of these multi billionaire firms.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
He'll get a chance and if sucks give him the boot. Not like there are a bunch of world beaters in our bottom 6 right now. Just need one of these guys to click. If this is all chia is allowed to do then good. Leave the big pieces for a GM that knows what he is doing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad