Confirmed with Link: Oilers claim Colby Cave off waivers

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
You don't think just maybe this frustration stems from missing the playoffs 12 of 13 years, opposed to being "entitled."

Considering we have such a huge fanbase still after such incredible failure shows to me we have one of the best fanbases, not the worst.

Who cares about frustration, we are all frustrated. Why be frustrated about a 4th line pickup when our bottom 6 has been garbage. Maybe he helps maybe he doesn’t. Who cares?

And are some people even fans? Literally every 2nd post is whining about something or crying about another thing. People actively hope some players fail to boost their hockey ego.

As for games I wouldn’t know for sure but I’ve heard people trying to dump tickets for cheap recently because we are trash.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Pronger -> Spooner
FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Eberle --> Strome --> Spooner
Gryba --> Released
O'Sullivan --> Vandermeer --> Released
Fraser --> Released
Brossoit --> Released

All we have left from dealing Pronger is Spooner, the rights to Roman Horak, and Oscar Klefbom.

Bleak.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Gryba --> Released
Fraser --> Released
Brossoit --> Released

All we have left from dealing Pronger is Spooner, the rights to Roman Horak, and Oscar Klefbom.

Bleak.
Lol the trade was 13 years ago (wow time flies). Not sure if people are seriously chapped about this or not

Reactions: Canada Drai

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Lol the trade was 13 years ago (wow time flies). Not sure if people are seriously chapped about this or not

It just kind of shows a general pattern of the Oilers turning good players into nothing over time.

It's no wonder they are still spinning their tires.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Gryba --> Released
Fraser --> Released
Brossoit --> Released

Bleak.

That trade happened 12.5 years ago.

What do you expect?

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I expected people to find the chart interesting in the same way that people track the Lindros trade, not to think that I actually cared about the trade results.

At best it speaks towards an organization that doesn't retain asset value that well.

Reactions: Ramrod and Aerrol

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
We have the worst fans in the NHL. Pick up a dude who is showing promise and we ***** and cry about it.

What a joke. On and on and on. Pure crybaby attitude. Y’all are spoiled from the 80’s and need to tone it down.
I'd be willing to bet a large proportion of the posters weren’t around/don’t remember the glory days of the 80’s, so your claims of them bring spoiled are a bit far fetched.
And no one is “crying” or “whining” about it. I think people have the right to be “skeptical” based on our GM’s prior moves and pickups.

As for your claims of them being the “worst fans”, these are the same ones that fill the building game after game, watch the team play on TV game after game, buy endless merchandise, and use their precious time to discuss their favorite team, which has arguably been the worst performing franchise the last 10-12 years, and provided precious little to cheer for.

So get off of your preachy soapbox for a moment and try to accept other folks opinions.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He kept it to current year only. List gets too big when you add previous years... Aberg, Walker, Beck, Fraser, Gustavsson, Cracknell, Pardy and the entire Free Agency corp from summer 2017 except maybe Rattie.

Aberg technically was on this years roster in training camp then cut but yeah I see what you mean!

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Can anyone track down what we have left from the gretzky trade?

Or did we end up with nothing from that trade in typical oiler fashion.

/sarcasm

Reactions: OilerMcLord

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Who cares about frustration, we are all frustrated. Why be frustrated about a 4th line pickup when our bottom 6 has been garbage. Maybe he helps maybe he doesn’t. Who cares?

And are some people even fans? Literally every 2nd post is whining about something or crying about another thing. People actively hope some players fail to boost their hockey ego.

As for games I wouldn’t know for sure but I’ve heard people trying to dump tickets for cheap recently because we are trash.

I love these posts. They always pop up when people start venting 'too much' about a meh to bad move after Chiarelli/the Oilers continue to make moves that range between total ass and barely positive.

You're right! It's totally nonsensical that people (not fans, according to you) are skeptical of yet another Chiarelli pickup that probably won't do much! How dare they vent and mock the worst GM in the league! Being negative about the Oilers is SO STUPID. You're really showing us the light by being arrogant and negative about others' negativity! Thank you for showing us the true way to follow this trainwreck of an org! Now, surely, HF Oil will see the light and stop these needless hate crimes! :sarcasm:

I mean, you're right, it's a free pickup that has a slim chance of maybe helping the team. But how on earth can you expect posting this nonsense to help IMPROVE the tone and mood around here? Just take a break if it bothers you so much. If this Cave kid pans out, you can come back and have a field day with the I told you so's.

Reactions: Jean Ralphio

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
As a younger guy in minor hockey he also played defense so that’s helpful

I noticed he was captain 2 years in a row on Swift Current as well. Jake DeBrusk was on that team as well.
Hopefully we have a bottom 6 guy who can score 10-15 goals

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We have the worst fans in the NHL. Pick up a dude who is showing promise and we ***** and cry about it.

What a joke. On and on and on. Pure crybaby attitude. Y’all are spoiled from the 80’s and need to tone it down.

I think it's just a culmination of the last 12 years of ineptitude leading up to the current team with a roster that keeps getting worse and worse and the prospect of the GM making more damaging moves in the near future so the board is on edge about every little thing.

Also, not everybody was around to experience the dynasty years. Those of us who started becoming fans in the mid to late 90s and later have experienced mostly bad hockey outside of 2 outlier years and a few seasons with low budget teams that tried hard and gave us some good memories but had no chance of ever competing for a Cup because they had to sell off their star players once they were due for big money so this is years of frustration being built up.

The only thing worse than the constant complaining is those who are on their high horse telling those who are complaining that they are crybabies, idiots etc. for complaining as if there's no justification for it.

Anyway, lets see how the new guy does. I hope Hitch gives him more than 5-6 minutes and 1 game to prove himself.

Last edited:

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013

This is what baffles me. So-called fans of the team actually cheering for players to fail. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. There are several posts in the Koskinen Talbot threads where you can tell some guys are happy when one of them fails. It's definitely the ego thing, like I told you he would suck! I know everything.

If you are a real fan of the team wouldn't you want every player to succeed and play well? I think Talbot has lost his way but it doesn't mean I want him to fail. I would love for him to regain his form but if Koskinen is giving them the best chance to win on most nights then obviously I want him to play.

I hope Cave comes in and finds a good fit. Every new player we get I hope the same for them. I hated Kassian for what he did to Gagner but as soon as he was an Oiler I wanted him to succeed. I guess this is one of the problems with an internet message board, some guys care more about being right then actually caring about the team's success. I guess in the end it gives us some interesting reading material.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Gryba --> Released
Fraser --> Released
Brossoit --> Released

Bleak.
well they don't have pronger anymore so I guess that trade helps us now as opposes to keeping pronger... that trade was so long ago..
Klefbom is a good asset contrary to popular belief

Reactions: Oilhawks

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Our fans are the most passionate in the league.

The good parts are the filling the building, the atmosphere when we make the postseason, how the community comes together.

The bad part is we're super-opinionated. And given what's transpired the last few years, I'd say fans have every right to gripe - but if there's a point.

Hearing "Chia Sucks" or "Fire Chia" 20,000 times a day is getting really old, we all want him gone, there's no need to convince anyone and Nicholson will do the inevitable all in good time.

Ripping every player we get because we hate the GM I get, but let's wait to see the guy play before assuming he's worthless.

I really hope the Oilers clean house in the offseason and hire a good GM and let him hire his own staff, so our fans can reset, and get back to the more reasonable range of passionate.

Reactions: Ck1 and Canada Drai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad