Confirmed with Link: Oilers claim Colby Cave off waivers

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I expected people to find the chart interesting in the same way that people track the Lindros trade, not to think that I actually cared about the trade results.

At best it speaks towards an organization that doesn't retain asset value that well.

Players don't retain value though. Should be pretty obvious that their value goes down as they get older and get closer to the end of their contracts.

The Oilers actually did really well in that trade long term. Check out what the Blues and Ducks ended up with after trading him. The Blues have Jordan Binnington and the Ducks have nothing left(and basically nothing of substance along the way).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Hope he meshes with Khaira. Could be a good bruising line.

This stuff starts to flag for me after awhile. "Quality individual"

The contact may as well be Chiarelli himself blowing wind and its his type of vernacular. As if poor GM's and poor NHL clubs are good at assessing what in individual is actually like.

Pakarinen was a quality individual in every way. hard nosed on honest player, rarely scored against, good on pk, bottomsix, hit everything that moved. We devalue players like that who actually exhibit they can be low cost fill players that are at worst even players and then we go searching for Colby Cave because he had a Boston prior.

I'm absolutely fed up of seeing Boston castoff fill here. I feel like Bruins are our older brother or something. I'm not wearing these hand me downs anymore..

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Not f***ing around.

DxDp9dwUYAA9Pmx.jpg:large

Reactions: rickysusedsht

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
This guy is what happens when Daniel Tosh and Calibos from the original Clash of the Titans have a baby.

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
Players don't retain value though. Should be pretty obvious that their value goes down as they get older and get closer to the end of their contracts.

The Oilers actually did really well in that trade long term. Check out what the Blues and Ducks ended up with after trading him. The Blues have Jordan Binnington and the Ducks have nothing left(and basically nothing of substance along the way).

except a cup.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

This is all fine. Yes, I'm happy with Klefbom.

The only reason that I posted the chart was because of ramrod (I believe) who mentioned the trade.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
As long as he's not a complete black hole offensively (har har!) and is dependable defensively while laying out some hits, he could be a decent addition. He'll probably do fine in the 4C spot, but we shall see.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
things to do next off-season: get rid of Spooner, Manning, Benning, and maybe Lucic. That's like 14 million of wasted cap space or 2 6 million dollar players and a quality bottom 6 forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad