Confirmed with Link: Oilers claim Colby Cave off waivers

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Our fans are the most passionate in the league.

The good parts are the filling the building, the atmosphere when we make the postseason, how the community comes together.

The bad part is we're super-opinionated. And given what's transpired the last few years, I'd say fans have every right to gripe - but if there's a point.

Hearing "Chia Sucks" or "Fire Chia" 20,000 times a day is getting really old, we all want him gone, there's no need to convince anyone and Nicholson will do the inevitable all in good time.

Ripping every player we get because we hate the GM I get, but let's wait to see the guy play before assuming he's worthless.

I really hope the Oilers clean house in the offseason and hire a good GM and let him hire his own staff, so our fans can reset, and get back to the more reasonable range of passionate.
Other fanbases are just as passionate.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Would have been better to keep Strome. Idiot trades our only right shot centerman. Im optimistic on Cave. His first step is a little slow.

Reactions: Aerchon

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Reading a little bit about him today it sounds like Boston didn't want to get rid of him. They hoped he would sneak through waivers and go back to the AHL. I think he is going to be a solid pick up.

Reactions: Oilhawks

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
My spoon is better than Spooner

200.gif

The non-existent spoon is better even.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I think he's good enough to be an every day 4th liner. At 675k and under contract for one more year, that's ok in my books. We're gonna need cheap guys to round out the bottom 6 if we want to upgrade the top 6 on the wings.
Yes. Need the money for Reiders and Spooners.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
As one of the guys that was accused of being too harsh and skeptical of a new, unheard of acquisition, now there is silence from them after some other people think the new guy will be a fixture on our 4th line, after witnessing some sparse play after only 3 games.:laugh:

North

Jun 25, 2009
As one of the guys that was accused of being too harsh and skeptical of a new, unheard of acquisition, now there is silence from them after some other people think the new guy will be a fixture on our 4th line, after witnessing some sparse play after only 3 games.:laugh:

You mean people are actually watching games and seeing him play and deciding he might be a fourth liner rather than making judgments before watching the guy play a game? How shocking.

Seriously, you are upset people think he might be able to slot in on the fourth line? Not like they are anointing him a top 6 player.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You mean people are actually watching games and seeing him play and deciding he might be a fourth liner rather than making judgments before watching the guy play a game? How shocking.

Seriously, you are upset people think he might be able to slot in on the fourth line? Not like they are anointing him a top 6 player.

Firstly, I'm not upset. Secondly, my judgement is based on the assessment of management in so many prior trades. It's like hitting yourself on the finger with a hammer multiple times, and them when you go to do it again expecting it could be a different result.

Obviously, no one, whether overly positive or skeptical, would ever have any aspirations of this player being a top 6 player. But before thinking him a fixture on our future 4th line, don't you think a few more viewings are also needed rather than three 8 minute games?

Even out the expectations on both sides of the equation. Mine is used on prior transactions. The others is based on sparse minutes of playing time. Let's keep it fair.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Firstly, I'm not upset. Secondly, my judgement is based on the assessment of management in so many prior trades. It's like hitting yourself on the finger with a hammer multiple times, and them when you go to do it again expecting it could be a different result.

Obviously, no one, whether overly positive or skeptical, would ever have any aspirations of this player being a top 6 player. But before thinking him a fixture on our future 4th line, don't you think a few more viewings are also needed rather than three 8 minute games?

Even out the expectations on both sides of the equation. Mine is used on prior transactions. The others is based on sparse minutes of playing time. Let's keep it fair.

But yours still doesn't take in to account the actual ability of the player.

The ones who are saying he could be a fourth liner may be optimistic but at least they are watching him play and inferring from that.

Who gives a shit about management when we are discussing the actual player?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
But yours still doesn't take in to account the actual ability of the player.

The ones who are saying he could be a fourth liner may be optimistic but at least they are watching him play and inferring from that.

Who gives a **** about management when we are discussing the actual player?

Because management are the ones that are bringing these players in. You probably should give a shit what they do since it directly impacts the success or lack thereof of the team. From my own limited viewings of the player, I see nothing to indicate to me that he is any better than the fodder we already have.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Because management are the ones that are bringing these players in. You probably should give a **** what they do since it directly impacts the success or lack thereof of the team. From my own limited viewings of the player, I see nothing to indicate to me that he is any better than the fodder we already have.

I do care about what management does in terms of trades. I'm not going to judge a waiver wire pick up on management's idiocy though.

Your last sentence is fine because at least it's based on your viewing of him but to make a blanket statement about him before watching him play is a surefire way to get push back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad