Confirmed with Link: Oilers claim Colby Cave off waivers

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
675k this year and next year? WTF our GM is long gone to Senileville!

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
2 way contract though I think no?
Yes, and even if not, you shouldn't worry about the salary of any player you are interested in obtaining if they are at a million or less since they are easy to bury (and also more attractive to other teams to steal on the waiver if you are willing to part with them).

North

Jun 25, 2009
Took a quick turn around the Bruins thread. Some of them liked him better than Acciari but for the most part aren’t going to lose sleep now that he’s gone.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Jokes aside I hope he can do ok. It’s not like there’s any unreasonable expectations for him. He’s clearly a depth guy and as much as that wasn’t our biggest issue it could still help

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
I played against this guy when he was younger. Granted it was just Rec in the summer but he was usually the best player in the ice and we had some guys who played echl and juniors. Best thing about this guy is his attitude. Very solid head on his shoulders. Not afraid to learn.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hard not to be pessimistic about picking this guy up after throwing away someone like zykov, but whatever.

At least we didn't give up any assets I guess.

space321

May 11, 2011
Is this guy expected to come in a play every night? who's being sent down? Jesse?

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Guy is 23, and over a ppg in the AHL this year. The closest we have to that is Cooper Marody. Gambardella who is being sent down now has 21 pts in 28 games and is 24. I'd say this is actually a pretty solid pick up for a waiver guy. It's not like Zykov who just wasn't producing at the NHL level, this was his first shot and he actually put up some points.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Guy is 23, and over a ppg in the AHL this year. The closest we have to that is Cooper Marody. Gambardella who is being sent down now has 21 pts in 28 games and is 24. I'd say this is actually a pretty solid pick up for a waiver guy. It's not like Zykov who just wasn't producing at the NHL level, this was his first shot and he actually put up some points.

The biggest benefit I see to this and some of the previous moves is that it allows our young pro AHLers to continue to try and lead the AHL team which hopefully pays off in them being ready for expanded roles over the next two years.

That said, I also like that they have at least given some quick looks to Gambardella and Marody at some point just so they know where they need to get to, without keeping them up too long such that it can throw off their AHL return. Hopefully Benson and Hebig also get a 2-3 game look at some point to show them where they need to got to.

In the meantime if they want someone to try and play for a longer stretch than a couple games, I'm okay with some of this waiver fodder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad