Confirmed with Link: Oilers claim Colby Cave off waivers

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Maybe after seeing the players claimed they have realised that most players are on waivers because they aren't good enough to contribute in the NHL.

Yes, it is like when someone offers you a free LOTO ticket you should realise that the chances are slim the ticket will win.... So I guess the smart thing is not to take it...

Reactions: joestevens29

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If he can tread water as the 4C (for now at least) and make it so Khaira can be freed up to play on the wing, I'd consider it a small win.

Reactions: McDNicks17

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Yes, it is like when someone offers you a free LOTO ticket you should realise that the chances are slim the ticket will win.... So I guess the smart thing is not to take it...

Not at all what I was saying.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
If he can tread water as the 4C (for now at least) and make it so Khaira can be freed up to play on the wing, I'd consider it a small win.
This is the only sliver lining. Sadly, it was another Chia fail that created this problem. If only we could have 2 centres that slot in the bottom 6 perfects, like say Strome and Brodziak, to solve this issue....

Reactions: nabob and Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This is the only sliver lining. Sadly, it was another Chia fail that created this problem. If only we could have 2 centres that slot in the bottom 6 perfects, like say Strome and Brodziak, to solve this issue....

My initial reaction about the Strome trade was disgust (a friend told me and he liked the idea of Spooner), then I warmed up to the idea after I thought he might be better offensively. Turns out about the only thing he's better at is skating. Never understood why we traded a snakebit, but treading water 3C, for a guy who is probably best suited to be a winger, if that.

Hopefully Cave can do what they were hoping Marody would be ready to do after they traded Strome, sigh.

Reactions: LaGu

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
latest

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Do you think if I ask nicely Chia will let me play a few games? maybe even sign me for a couple years at 100k?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
We have the worst fans in the NHL. Pick up a dude who is showing promise and we ***** and cry about it.

What a joke. On and on and on. Pure crybaby attitude. Y’all are spoiled from the 80’s and need to tone it down.

You don't think just maybe this frustration stems from missing the playoffs 12 of 13 years, opposed to being "entitled."

Considering we have such a huge fanbase still after such incredible failure shows to me we have one of the best fanbases, not the worst.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I know Strome was struggling but we traded him for Spooner, and now he's being replaced by waiver wire pickup.

Eberle trade now has the terrible look of being for nothing.

Very sad face :(

Well I wish Colby the best with his new team the Oilers. Let's see some success for a change.

Reactions: Canada Drai

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It might be mentioned somewhere in the thread, but if not we don't have to wait long to see him play. Hitchcock said he's flying into Van, meeting the team there and playing tomorrow night as 4C. As an aside, he also said Koski is going again.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->