Oilers battle out a greasy win 3-1!

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 31s
Taylor Hall just walked out of Edmonton dressing room.Not a doctor but no major limp and didn't seem to be overly favouring his left knee. Good news!

I thought it was just some kind of strain myself, especially considering he left on his own power.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They really needed that win, the whole team probably breathed a sigh of relief. There is still a lot wrong with this team but they needed a win in the worst way.

Good for Dubnyk to have 2 straight solid performances, that should give him a boost of confidence.
I'm very glad to see Eberle returning to his old self the last 3 games, i missed that guy.
Nuge was very good.

The team still sucks, major issues that need to be worked on and the PP is indescribably bad.
Lets hope that Hall is back soon.
I know that a lot of posters hate him all of a sudden (based on some of the ridiculous posts the last few days) but the team needs him to be healthy.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Nugent-Hopkins is our MVP. Impacts the game in such a huge way.

Game balls: Nuge, Eberle, Dubnyk, Petry

Goat: Hall (pre-injury) was way out of sorts, 4th line, PP

Perron is what we've needed on this team for awhile, Yak looked great.

Lots not to like about the game, but a win is a win and there were positives today.

I'd add Arcobello and Belov as positives in this game.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Well, if it came at the start of the season I'd say that would have been a better time for it to come ;)

I mean in the sense that we were desperate for a win, but yes, I agree with your sentiment. It's unfortunate, and we have a hole to climb out of now. Let's just hope Dooby can hold it together this good from here on.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Nuge has tied his goal total from last season.

Dubnyk played great.

We probably didn't deserve to win this game.

Duh, do you think?

Outshot by a 2-1 margin, got outhit badly, sloppy in our own end, Neil ran our show buy running guys and we had no answer, our PP was a disaster, and we got about 6 games worth of luck.

Dubnyk was unbelievable, which is why the score is what it is.

If we continue to play games like this, we will pay for it, mark my words. Only a matter of time. The last 2 games have not been good. Islander completely outplayed us, and same thing here. Sens had no puck luck this time around.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Enrico Ciccone‏@EnricoCiccone2m
#TaylorHall leaves the Oilers room with a brace on his left knee. Doesn 't look good! #nhl

One said Hall looks good coming out of dressing room and the next says wearing kneebrace and doesnt look good. What on earth? :sarcasm:

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Yeah, about that power play.

Maybe we shouldn't have burnt that bridge with Kreuger, because wow, that PP was probably the worst I've seen in 4 years.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Perron is a gem. Even when he's snake bitten and isn't scoring, he's still ****ing **** up and being a **** disturber. Yak could really learn a thing or two from Perron.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
MPS was a 4th liner last night. Of course did nothing. Haha, have fun with him, Hitchcock!

He actually looked pretty good, Hitch gave him some PP time and even a few shifts in the top-6. He'll work his way up the lineup, but it won't be easy - St.Louis has crazy depth up front.

Maxxed Out

Apr 29, 2013
Edmonton
Nuge has tied his goal total from last season.

Dubnyk played great.

We probably didn't deserve to win this game.

Well that can said for game against Winnipeg and Toronto, we deserve to win that game which is not on DD. Consider this as delayed payment for Oiler's efforts.:)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@EdmontonOilers
Coach Eakins says post-game Taylor Hall's knee injury will likely "be more than a day or two" but no official diagnosis yet.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I work in the medical field and don't see how it's as bad as many of the fans are saying. But in saying that I haven't assessed Hall and dont know what his ROM is like, where there's pain and what type of pain it is, and if there is any bruising/swelling.

Good assessment from 3000 miles away and on a television set.:laugh:

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Outshot by a 2-1 margin, got outhit badly, sloppy in our own end, Neil ran our show buy running guys and we had no answer, our PP was a disaster, and we got about 6 games worth of luck.

Dubnyk was unbelievable, which is why the score is what it is.

He played well, but 'unbelievable' is a bit much. The Senators were almost as sloppy and they had an equally brutal PP.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I wasn't trying to "get you", was just stating what I thought. You have to admit as an educated person, that if someone feels the need to overstate their opinion, it's generally coming from a younger person looking for attention.

Are any of said degrees in a medical field? Not trying to be an ass, just would like to know how much I should take your opinion into account over others.

no, nothing medical at all.... i'm just not freaking blind, and can see when a players leg bends the wrong way and he loses all stability in it.... but yeah, i have no authority whatsoever to make this claim, no doubt about that

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
He played limited minutes in their last game.

I see. So basically playing 4th line minutes. Don't think he's going to develop much playing in that role. On the flip side, we got a guy who's only 3 years older (MPS is 22, Perron is just 25) who is playing an average of 20 minutes a night, can be played in any situation, is solid everywhere on the ice, and has an agitator side to him. Damn I LOVE that trade.

More trades like this, please, MacT!!! I'll love you for ever!

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Enrico Ciccone‏@EnricoCiccone2m
#TaylorHall leaves the Oilers room with a brace on his left knee. Doesn 't look good! #nhl

One said Hall looks good coming out of dressing room and the next says wearing kneebrace and doesnt look good. What on earth? :sarcasm:

its almost like one of the guys works for the team and wants to limit the speculation and is searching for a positive and one guy has no ties to the team and just reports what he sees, lol

i essentially never believe anything coming from an oilers employee regarding injuries, as they try and downplay them EVERY... FREAKING... TIME

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad