Oilers battle out a greasy win 3-1!

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Ugh the first win in awhile, and it comes at the cost of Hall. Whyyyyy. Hopefully it was just a minor thing and he'll be back soon!

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
-All those penalties really took away from the game.
-Too bad Dubnyk didn't get shutout because of that fluke goal.
-Hopefully Hall's injury isn't too serious.
-The Senators broadcast is as bad as Vancouver's. Very happy I don't have to hear it, hopefully for a long time.
-These road games have had very quiet arenas despite more animosity than most inter conference games have

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Oh, and for a "trade rumor" created somewhere here:

Jordan Eberle - 2 points
Chris Neil - 1 point

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
The Oilers did a good job keeping the shots to the outside. You didn't see many chances like teams have had in the other games, where guys like Tavares are wide open in the slot. It's no surprise this turns it into Dubnyk's first really good game.

Oct 30, 2011
Dubnyk and Eberle made this one happen.

Eberle with the deft goal, and beauty assist on Nuge's goal.

Also made some great defensive plays and had several shots.

That block at the end is huge.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Dubnyk was great. Kudos to him. Glad to see him put in a strong effort.

Rest of the team needs work.

Meh. 5th game in 8 days with this game being an afternoon game. I'll give the team a break. You could tell they're exhausted. This is one of those instances when you need your goaltender to step up and Dubnyk did.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
great game by dubnyk, and the second worst game of the year for the rest of the team .... just a TERRIBLE performance by most players

oh, and we likely lost hall for the season... yup, great day... FML

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
RNH could have 5 points easily. He fed his linemates gold all night long. Smyth had so much time in front of the night after a feed from Nuge that Smyth looked lost.

"Somebody hit me so I can ram this puck home and fall over"

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Sens fired a lot of perimeter shots at the Dubnyk which resulted in the high shot total.

Dubs definitely won the game for us by staying steady under that onslaught and making stops on the few point blank chances. Great game for him and hopefully it can get him some confidence.

Great game for Nuge and Jordan "Horcoff" Eberle as well. Liked the way Perron played also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad