Pre-Game Talk: Oilers (9-1-0) vs. Red Wings (5-5-2) - Tues Nov 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Agre
Last game, Nurse and Barrie looked like their peak as a pairing last season. If they’re back, then it’s a good thing and worth keeping them together. Great complimentary skills as a pairing. Bouchard on the third pair is good for the team as well, if he gets the even strength minutes he needs
Agreed
Barrie & Nurse together works
Ceci & Keith together works
Player X & Bouchard together works
I’m all up for trading a high draft pick in upcoming draft for X. Get another depth player as well

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Worried about Holland spending time socializing with Yzerman. Feel that we end up coming out with Holland prepared to take another down beat on a trade sooner or later.
Too bad Vrana is not playing. At one point I was very interested in him for the Hyman spot so want to see him play well. Wonder when he will be back from injury.
Holland is doing fine. How about some optimism once in awhile

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
Worried about Holland spending time socializing with Yzerman. Feel that we end up coming out with Holland prepared to take another down beat on a trade sooner or later.
Too bad Vrana is not playing. At one point I was very interested in him for the Hyman spot so want to see him play well. Wonder when he will be back from injury.

XgQRBeJ.png

Where's the beat down? The AA trade that got completely derailed by a once-in-a-century pandemic? A 6th for a player who made it very clear he wasn't going to play for us? your take would have played a hell of a lot better four weeks ago before Holland's offseason moves proved to be actually paying dividends for us.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Even as an Oilers fan I gotta say that's cringe lol.

They look awkward AF. Although at least Leon's gf (I think) is trying to force a smile.

Looks more like Addams Family than Friends lmao.
They’re mimicking the facial expressions of the Friends cast. None of the actors are smiling. The video of Nuge yelling “we were on a break” is hilarious.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
They’re mimicking the facial expressions of the Friends cast. None of the actors are smiling. The video of Nuge yelling “we were on a break” is hilarious.
where is this video, I need to see it

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
XgQRBeJ.png

Where's the beat down? The AA trade that got completely derailed by a once-in-a-century pandemic? A 6th for a player who made it very clear he wasn't going to play for us? your take would have played a hell of a lot better four weeks ago before Holland's offseason moves proved to be actually paying dividends for us.

The Keith trade will always standout just because of the cap implications. I don’t mind trading Jones and a conditional 3rd but that better come with some retention. No way should a 3rd even be included in that trade if they’re not taking on cap. The additional lack of 3rd team to take on some of that showed either an over evaluation or a lack of creativity. The trade has panned out so far, but I can’t justify Keith as a $5.5M defenceman in 2021 and 2022.

His $5.5M cap hit is also going to be a non-insignificant obstacle next off season with Puljujarvi and Yamamoto needing to be re-signed and the fact we’ll still need to find a goalie and round out our depth (hopefully the solutions can be in house).

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
CP is Calgary Puck, the main Flames board on the web. Let me show you all you need to know about that place:

PluA15T.png

That’s pretty shocking. I don’t know how their mods can say they’re doing their job when something like that is left alone.

I get you hate Edmonton and Oilers but man like at least have a semblance of decency.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Even as an Oilers fan I gotta say that's cringe lol.

They look awkward AF. Although at least Leon's gf (I think) is trying to force a smile.

Looks more like Addams Family than Friends lmao.

Cringe is part of halloween mate. Either you dress-up scary or you dress-up to have a laugh.

I legit went as this a few years ago:
D81E804C-A476-4351-8640-6C76AC27EB08.jpeg

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
The Keith trade will always standout just because of the cap implications. I don’t mind trading Jones and a conditional 3rd but that better come with some retention. No way should a 3rd even be included in that trade if they’re not taking on cap. The additional lack of 3rd team to take on some of that showed either an over evaluation or a lack of creativity. The trade has panned out so far, but I can’t justify Keith as a $5.5M defenceman in 2021 and 2022.

His $5.5M cap hit is also going to be a non-insignificant obstacle next off season with Puljujarvi and Yamamoto needing to be re-signed and the fact we’ll still need to find a goalie and round out our depth (hopefully the solutions can be in house).

All completely fair and valid criticisms for sure. If he had come in and looked like he did last year with Chicago, I'd definitely call it a beat down of a trade. It's still entirely probably that we see a bit of a drop off in Keith's play, but I'm banking on his value really coming through in the playoffs. I hang the sweep on mental weakness as much as I do an insanely hot Hellebuyck or an inability to score an overtime goal, and I'm hoping that's where we'll see the best returns on trying to justify not getting retention on the contract.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This game is going to be a tough one. Wings are no longer a free space on the bingo board. They have some real talented youngsters coming into their own.
Young talent that work hard. We saw last game that when Edm doesn’t show effort what can happen and what can happen when they do start skating. Let’s hope for a more complete game tomorrow and for the goaltending to be better then last game.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This game is going to be a tough one. Wings are no longer a free space on the bingo board. They have some real talented youngsters coming into their own.
Absolutely, nearly every team can win on any night, but I think the Wings' overall defense will be in tough against the Oilers, imo.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
I dont really understand the line changes.

If you wanted to switch up the third line why not just straight up swap Kass-Yam? By putting Drai on the first line and then swapping Yams/Kass it just seems like you made both the 2nd and 3rd line a lot worse on paper. The nuclear option worked great against the Rangers. Why not keep deploying it like that?

Overall not that big of deal, its game 11 or whatever, I just dont get the logic.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
why did they space out the games so much this early in the season? Looking at the rest of the schedule from here on out it seems pretty condensed
Another way to screw the Oilers. Every other month we have 15games/mth. But October, November have been more spaced. When you combine that multiple Oilers will be in the Olympics (our star players) its going to make it real tough from December - May. Some teams will have played 14 games by the time we're starting our 11th. Its an amateur schedule.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

The boys look thrilled.

10 internet points if anybody can spot where this is in Edmonton. Its a nice place, nice neighborhood, been around there for lots of walks.

I like that the team is exploring around Edmonton too and this and Pulju being in Elk Island. They seem to be seeing some sites not everybody ever sees.

Be nicer though when the fountain is actually turned on..

Reactions: soothsayer

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
10 internet points if anybody can spot where this is in Edmonton. Its a nice place, nice neighborhood, been around there for lots of walks.

I like that the team is exploring around Edmonton too and this and Pulju being in Elk Island. They seem to be seeing some sites not everybody ever sees.

Be nicer though when the fountain is actually turned on..

Alexander Circle : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad