Pre-Game Talk: Oilers (9-1-0) vs. Red Wings (5-5-2) - Tues Nov 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

The boys look thrilled.

Social media is ruining Halloween. I find it so weird that costumes have turned into recreating famous photos/scenes. Walking around nobody would know what they're supposed to be. Posing a specific way in a specific order at a specific place with specific props, they're a scene from an intro of a TV show.
Not a fan

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
10 internet points if anybody can spot where this is in Edmonton. Its a nice place, nice neighborhood, been around there for lots of walks.

I like that the team is exploring around Edmonton too and this and Pulju being in Elk Island. They seem to be seeing some sites not everybody ever sees.

Be nicer though when the fountain is actually turned on..

I imagine a few of them don't live very far from there. Neither does Katz... well when he's in town anyways. Easy to get to the arena from that area, and some really nice neighborhoods.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Game isn't until tomorrow, I assume we'll get confirmation of the starter tomorrow morning. Assuming koskinen, but hoping Skinner gets in and then is sent back down with Smith being healthy later this week.

Ha. Thanks. Didn't realize this was the pre-GDT and totally though the game waas tonight. Was actually finishing up so that I could go watch. Would have been pretty disappointed. LOL

Reactions: 3IR

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Apparently they (wings side) think that edm’s bottom 6 is bad. our third line at least has been been fantastic. Don’t think they realize the team has way more depth this season and it’s not just mcdrai. Lol.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Apparently they (wings side) think that edm’s bottom 6 is bad. our third line at least has been been fantastic. Don’t think they realize the team has way more depth this season and it’s not just mcdrai. Lol.

The blackholes of suck on the 4th line pretty much cancel out any of the good from the 3rd line.

And that probably won't change because of Tipp's obsession with Turris and Shore.

Reactions: Faelko

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Social media is ruining Halloween. I find it so weird that costumes have turned into recreating famous photos/scenes. Walking around nobody would know what they're supposed to be. Posing a specific way in a specific order at a specific place with specific props, they're a scene from an intro of a TV show.
Not a fan

This is truly an odd take. Grumpy man yells at cloud.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The blackholes of suck on the 4th line pretty much cancel out any of the good from the 3rd line.

And that probably won't change because of Tipp's obsession with Turris and Shore.

I don't think that is going to change until players that can replace any of these are acquired:

- Turris
- Shore
- Sceviour
- Benson
- Perlini

So basically all of them. Tippett can swap around these players until the cows come home and there would be zero difference in the result no matter who is on that line currently. More of a Holland problem than a Tippett problem IMO.

Reactions: MoreDifferentS

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Sup oilers fans: Who do Ya’ll think finishes the season with more points? Nuge? Or Puljiujarvi?

Love your team btw. I see good stuff in the future. Enjoy it

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com

It's one guy who posted that they think our bottom six sucks and theirs is better. I can't for the life of me understand why people insist on reading an individual's opinion and applying it to an entire fanbase.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

That's fair. But Shore is out for 4-6 weeks also. lol.

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
I'm assuming today was a travel day for the team, with no practice since I can't find any updates on the lines with McLeod being called up. If anyone happens to have a line on that, please let me know; otherwise I'm just guessing on the lineup for the GDT.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
1. I like Turris. I think he's been serviceable so far. Plus he's secretly clutch

2. Excited to see Moritz Seider and Lucas Raymond.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It's one guy who posted that they think our bottom six sucks and theirs is better. I can't for the life of me understand why people insist on reading an individual's opinion and applying it to an entire fanbase.

of course I didn't mean "the entire fan base". Come on, now. Merely pointing out that some think it's the "same old Oilers". Either way, both teams are much improved and I look forward to all the young talent that are stepping up this year for Detroit. Should be a great game.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Acquire Crouse and Kessel and that bottom 6 issue fixes itself ;)

Arizona has been selling. Kessel will 100% be traded, Crouse has a good chance as well.

Get Arz and another team to retain on Kessel and its very doable

As dickish as it sounds, Shore being out might be a good thing... More time for Benson or Sceviour.

Ideally come playoff push time we're looking at

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Nuge-Drai-Kessel
Crouse-Ryan-Yams
Foegele-McLeod-Kassian
Perlini-Shore-Sceviour

That's a Stanley cup FW corps IMO.

Reactions: McDrai

Okanagan

Jan 7, 2019
I hope I'm wrong, but this seems like a classic "trap game". Hopefully the boys don't underestimate the Wings.

Reactions: Duke74

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
CP is Calgary Puck, the main Flames board on the web. Let me show you all you need to know about that place:

PluA15T.png

This is not just directed at you but this boards obsession with CP is verging on being exactly like the Edmonton version of CP. :laugh:

It's become the very thing it hated. Calgary and Flames mentions in threads where we don't even play them lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland