Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Alexander Circle : )

We have a winner!

Please stop by DT Detroit to collect your points. ;)

The neighborhood there in Glenora so nice as well as surrounding area, Ravines, Old RAM, and Wellington, St Georges crescent etc.

Spend a whole day in that neighborhood for a glimpse of a different Edmonton, from a different time. One of my favorite parts of the city.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Hoping Skinner gets the start tonight. Haven't read through the entire thread yet to see if they've said who is starting.

If this game was on the weekend, this would have been a road trip for me now that they US border is open for vehicular traffic. Always enjoyed watching the Oilers in Detroit.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Hoping Skinner gets the start tonight. Haven't read through the entire thread yet to see if they've said who is starting.

If this game was on the weekend, this would have been a road trip for me now that they US border is open for vehicular traffic. Always enjoyed watching the Oilers in Detroit.
Game isn't until tomorrow, I assume we'll get confirmation of the starter tomorrow morning. Assuming koskinen, but hoping Skinner gets in and then is sent back down with Smith being healthy later this week.

Reactions: dssource

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Just saw the practice lines and it looks weird at first but when you take a deep dive into it, it actually makes sense right now.

The 3rd line is bleeding goals against lately so it makes sense to replace one of the worst defensive forwards on the team in Kassian with one of the best in Yamamoto to stabilize it.
In addition, Kassian could be better sheltered defensively on the 2nd line alongside two solid defensive forwards in RNH and Hyman plus the RNH and Hyman chemistry is driving that line, not Yamamoto as much even though he's playing well enough so I don't mind the switch.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just saw the practice lines and it looks weird at first but when you take a deep dive into it, it actually makes sense right now.

The 3rd line is bleeding goals against lately so it makes sense to replace one of the worst defensive forwards on the team in Kassian with one of the best in Yamamoto to stabilize it.
In addition, Kassian could be better sheltered defensively on the 2nd line alongside two solid defensive forwards in RNH and Hyman plus the RNH and Hyman chemistry is driving that line, not Yamamoto as much even though he's playing well enough so I don't mind the switch.

Yep. I like it. But then again I was asking for a different third when Drai was on that line, so I'm fine with options. Kass has audtioned well this season thus far and brung his game. Nice reward playing with these two on 2nd line. Just as with Foegele maybe he gets sparked by the Hyman energy. One worry though is that both Hyman and Kass tend to get caught up ice, on the wrong side of the puck, so unfortunately that would pre-empt some of the more offensive swerve we've seen from Nuge this season. He'll have to be the responsible one as Center.

Yama is a good part of our EV GA limiting. Thats the best part of him, is he'll be there for puck support and is a very honest player in own zone. We just saw the Foegele miscue and so this is a Tippett way to adress that and to limit how much 3rd line is getting scored on (too much).

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I'm scared of Bertuzzi. Guy turned into Naslund or something.

CP is Calgary Puck, the main Flames board on the web. Let me show you all you need to know about that place:

PluA15T.png

Maybe he meant his cousin Kevin Lowe. Strange that his cousins parents changed their kids last name...

Reactions: Oilhawks

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

Your points are valid (even with the Bobby Burger comment).
However it will take some in game management by Tippett. Yamo's east west is good but not great so Tippett will have to be aware of too many faceoffs in zone. But thats probably good for both lines.
Would rather not have Yamo hurt badly.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'm scared of Bertuzzi. Guy turned into Naslund or something.

Maybe he meant his cousin Kevin Lowe. Strange that his cousins parents changed their kids last name...

Surely no one else in the world has the first name of Kevin either, his cousin was definitely named after that one particular Kevin. It’s not like they named their kid ‘Khaleesi’ or something that is quite clearly a unique reference.

Such a dipshit post on so many levels, but it is CP so no surprise at all

Reactions: North Cole

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yep. I like it. But then again I was asking for a different third when Drai was on that line, so I'm fine with options. Kass has audtioned well this season thus far and brung his game. Nice reward playing with these two on 2nd line. Just as with Foegele maybe he gets sparked by the Hyman energy. One worry though is that both Hyman and Kass tend to get caught up ice, on the wrong side of the puck, so unfortunately that would pre-empt some of the more offensive swerve we've seen from Nuge this season. He'll have to be the responsible one as Center.

Yama is a good part of our EV GA limiting. Thats the best part of him, is he'll be there for puck support and is a very honest player in own zone. We just saw the Foegele miscue and so this is a Tippett way to adress that and to limit how much 3rd line is getting scored on (too much).

Yep, I found it odd that people were losing shit over these lines. I like what we've seen from the 3rd line for the most part but it was growing a bit stale especially defensively so I don't mind switching it up. The team is 9-1 so this is a good time to experiment with different combos especially when one is struggling.

I also think a bigger guy like Kass is a good fit for RNH and Hyman or Draisaitl and RNH as long as he continues to play like he has most of the season like the big, strong player he is.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

Games tomorrow ;)

Reactions: dssource

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Oh Yammo has 2 goals in his last 3 games better swap him to the third line lol Tippett sense right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad