Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Practice lines from today

Discuss Tuesdays Game

Man it’s like Tippett reads this board and decides to do the complete opposite. So many questions.

Why are we still loading up the top line?

Yamo just got off the snide, why is demoted now?

What has Kassian done to remotely earn a spot on the top 6?

Why is Bouchard back on the 3rd paring?

Why isn’t Turris on a one way trip to the sun?

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Man it’s like Tippett reads this board and decides to do the complete opposite. So many questions.

These answers and more! Later tonight at 13:00pm!

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

So the Bouchard demotion made a bit of sense because he was struggling a bit but... Barrie was as bad or worse with Nurse so imo it should have been a temporary demotion.

It's stuff like this that makes me think our playoff chances are nill no matter how good our regular season is.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

Hopefully Tippett switches Yamo and Kass back and forth all game.
Bezos has an unused rocket waiting to go to the moon if that will suffice for Turris.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
These answers and more! Later tonight at 13:00pm!

Doubtful.

We’ll probably get questions like:

“Dave, I saw the team had a halloween party last night, what effect do you think those type of team building activities will help the team down the stretch?”

Reactions: Oilhawks

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
So the Bouchard demotion made a bit of sense because he was struggling a bit but... Barrie was as bad or worse with Nurse so imo it should have been a temporary demotion.

It's stuff like this that makes me think our playoff chances are nill no matter how good our regular season is.
Of course Bouchard will have ups and downs learning to be a top pairing guy. Lots to learn every game for him. Barrie is a known quantity and the team needs to adjust the wings to allow for his brain farts under pressure in the D zone.

Reactions: Aerchon

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hopefully Tippett switches Yamo and Kass back and forth all game.
Bezos has an unused rocket waiting to go to the moon if that will suffice for Turris.

I wouldn’t give my hopes up.

Sure, the moon works. Hell anywhere that’s not Edmonton works, the moon, the sun, uranus.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Doubtful.

We’ll probably get questions like:

“Dave, I saw the team had a halloween party last night, what effect do you think those type of team building activities will help the team down the stretch?”

If it's a Terry Jones question, it's going to take a loooooot longer to get that question out.

Reactions: Oilhawks

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

What’s even more bizarre is when we were put on to the PK the first unit had Bouchard and Nurse on it. It’s so bizarre. Tippett handled Bear the same way.

Well fortunately, I think Tippett is at the end of his leash. If we get stomped in the first round again, Tippett will be getting his walking papers.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
What’s even more bizarre is when we were put on to the PK the first unit had Bouchard and Nurse on it. It’s so bizarre. Tippett handled Bear the same way.

Well fortunately, I think Tippett is at the end of his leash. If we get stomped in the first round again, Tippett will be getting his walking papers.

I have no faith in this organization to make decisions like you are implying.

Tippett is a known commodity in the playoffs unfortunately. As in a terrible playoff coach. Heck, most his decisions in the regular season seem to work in spite of common sense.

Reactions: The Safe Play

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Tippett is a known commodity in the playoffs unfortunately. As in a terrible playoff coach. Heck, most his decisions in the regular season seem to work in spite of common sense.

You may be right, but I can’t see how an organization can look at a playoff record of potentially between 4-11 and 1-11 and completely ignore it.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

The 3rd line's been struggling a bit recently, maybe he wants Yamamoto to spark it?

I don't get it though, the 2nd line's been great recently and Bouchard has been great all season. Very puzzling moves.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

I think the expectation of both management and fans alike are at least a good battle in the second round. Could be wrong but I do think Tippets on a shorter lease no matter his regular season.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
First we had TMac and his endless blendering. Now we got Tipps. Same old story every year. Maybe it's not about Line Chemistry and maybe it's time to look at the same System and Structure that's been trotted out 5v5 the last 3 years with varying levels of success. Overall I like what Tipps brings to this team, but at some point he's gotta look elsewhere for the improvements he wants out of 5v5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad