Pre-Game Talk: Oilers (9-1-0) vs. Red Wings (5-5-2) - Tues Nov 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
So the Bouchard demotion made a bit of sense because he was struggling a bit but... Barrie was as bad or worse with Nurse so imo it should have been a temporary demotion.
No idea what you are referring to. Barrie and Nurse were borderline allstar level most of last season. Couple of games early in season when everyone is shaking off the rust mean nothing. Some fans have the homer goggles on real good when it comes to Bouchard.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
No idea what you are referring to. Barrie and Nurse were borderline allstar level most of last season. Couple of games early in season when everyone is shaking off the rust mean nothing. Some fans have the homer goggles on real good when it comes to Bouchard.

Last game, Nurse and Barrie looked like their peak as a pairing last season. If they’re back, then it’s a good thing and worth keeping them together. Great complimentary skills as a pairing. Bouchard on the third pair is good for the team as well, if he gets the even strength minutes he needs

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Would be GIF worthy if catched on the tape.

I think we go 3-2 with this road trip. Losses against BOS and WPG.

We'd better not lose against Boston. That whole team is surprisingly sluggish, uninspired, and top-loaded with a bunch of aging veterans who are slowing down tremendously. Whatever is left of their contention window is about to slam shut.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Seider and Raymond are studs… excited to get a look at them and hopefully we get to see Skinner between the pipes
They are good but as they are rookies, they most likely are matched against our bottom 6. It is time to throw some weight on them. Old medicine for young skill which still works like a charm.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Feels like a scheduled loss against an underrated opponent after a big emotional game. At least there was 3 days off so hopefully they can be prepared.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Let's be honest playing one or two games then getting 3+ days off hardly should count as playing a bunch

Koskinen's played in 8 games straight. That's too much for any goalie. Especially one who has proven they aren't cut out for a starter load across a full season.

Time to give Skinner a game. Plenty of other teams with better goalies than Koskinen are willing to get their 3rd stringer in a game if there is an injury.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Detroit is a good test. Can we be prepared to away game against weaker opponent after game that was emotionally highly invested. We need to be because in playoffs that happens but not against weak team (usually).

Come to ice and be ready to work from the puck drop. Not from 25 min mark forward.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Has it actually set in for everyone that this team is 9-1? lol.
It's been a blast but I think all of us need to keep in mind that none of it will matter if we get booted in the first round again. I'm certainly having fun but I'm not going to dance about too much until this team wins a playoff round... I think any less than 2 playoff round wins this season is a failure.

Good thing this team is going to be backed by a playoff crowd unlike any we've ever seen in this city before... Its crazy listening to how loud the fans in the back ground are during post game interviews. It feels like there's already a playoff atmosphere in Edmonton these days. This team is making noise and so are the fans. I think not having a home crowd hurt us the last couple seasons in the playoffs. Players feed off that energy and it might help carry them into a deep run.

Last edited:

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
Dumb question
CP ?
Calgary ?

CP is Calgary Puck, the main Flames board on the web. Let me show you all you need to know about that place:

PluA15T.png

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
CP is Calgary Puck, the main Flames board on the web. Let me show you all you need to know about that place:

PluA15T.png
That’s pretty nasty that comment.
No matter what u think of Lowe, he was a good soldier for the Oilers. We had a dandy elite dman in Coffey and guys like Lowe, Huddy, Muni, Gregg , Fogolin were great complimentary pieces. They did their job. Apologize if I missed someone. I liked Ritso as well

Reactions: yukoner88

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Think I’m gonna get my Toyota Tacoma painted in Oiler colors. What u fellas think on here
Should I go with the Black & Orange or Blue & Orange
All ideas appreciated. I will have pictures

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Worried about Holland spending time socializing with Yzerman. Feel that we end up coming out with Holland prepared to take another down beat on a trade sooner or later.
Too bad Vrana is not playing. At one point I was very interested in him for the Hyman spot so want to see him play well. Wonder when he will be back from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad