Status
Not open for further replies.

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
3DBFCFA2-0624-4DD5-AF1F-2E92ADEDDAE8.jpeg

This is awesome if true.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
What’s everyone’s expectations from this road trip?

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
View attachment 477979

This is awesome if true.

Gretz and Mess all over again.

Gretzky will all the accolades, marketed throughout the league, highlight package every other night.
Then Messier. Heart. Sole. Leader. Under the radar a bit until he became the first player in NHL history to captain two different teams to a Cup.
That's McD and Drai.

Enjoy the ride younger fellas. I think the team has finally caught up with our stars. And when it all comes together it will be incredible!

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Man it’s like Tippett reads this board and decides to do the complete opposite. So many questions.

Why are we still loading up the top line?

Because we’ve gotten 10 goals in the last 3 games from players not named McDavid or Draisaitl. When you have secondary scoring, you can let the 2 best players in the world play together

Yamo just got off the snide, why is demoted now?

It’s more Drai than Nuge who he has chemistry with, but Jesse has the other spot on the line. And considering Tipp has been really happy with the 3rd line, and playing them lots, it’s not much of a demotion

What has Kassian done to remotely earn a spot on the top 6?

He’s been forechecking aggressively this year and putting up points (46 point pace). Not to mention, Nuge is best at ES with big bodies who forecheck well. That’s going to be a good second line

Why is Bouchard back on the 3rd paring?

Because Playfair wanted to reward Barrie for his play of late, and you can’t break up Keith/Ceci

Why isn’t Turris on a one way trip to the sun?

the coaching staff was very happy with the effort he’s put in, and he’s been close to getting some good looks. He’s outplayed Benson and Perlini, so why wouldn’t he be in the lineup? Especially since we need a 4C with Shore getting hurt

Those are all pretty easy to answer

PeteEakins

Oct 9, 2021

off the schneid
Getting off the schneid means to end some kind of drought. It was popularized in sports commentary on television by Chris "Boomer" Berman of ESPN.

According to the Dickson Baseball Dictionary, the term 'schneid' comes to baseball via gin rummy, and in turn comes from German/Yiddish 'schneider,' one who cuts cloth, i.e., a tailor."

The Oakland Raiders started the season oh-and-six, but finally got off the schneid by beating the Seattle Seahawks.

by rich rick August 23, 2012

SOURCE: Urban Dictionary: off the schneid

Yamamoto just got “off the Schneider”

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I don't mind the kassian promotion. He is having a decent year thus far.
Yams did score twice but I don't hate him on the third line.

That’s where he played in his first cup of coffee and I really liked him getting some easier matchups with his skill and grit. I don’t mind it either

View attachment 477979

This is awesome if true.

That’s one of the most boss moves I’ve ever heard. God damn. That makes me think of Hold on, I’m comin by Sam & Dave, and makes me think Drai might need a new custom goal song a la the Still Dre era at Rexall

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Man it’s like Tippett reads this board and decides to do the complete opposite. So many questions.

Why are we still loading up the top line?

What has Kassian done to remotely earn a spot on the top 6?

Why is Bouchard back on the 3rd paring?

Why isn’t Turris on a one way trip to the sun?
I’m hoping it’s just something they are trying in practice cause they have a few days off.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Those are all pretty easy to answer
I would add, Bouchard is still young so keeping him on the top pairing all season may not be what they want to do. So instead of waiting for him to fail, if they see struggles, pull him back, let him now what to work on and then reward him with those minutes when he gets it going.

Tippett said that Playfair decides defence pairings as well

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I remember hearing Leaf fans talk about how Hyman improves every line that he is on. It seems that he is finding a groove with RNH. If our 2nd line actually works and we can leave McDra.... we are almost unbeatable

When you are 9 -1, you have the option of trying some things out

I dont mind the blender at all

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Koskinen has been good overall but we should see Skinner soon

He looked great this preseason. Let's get a good look at him.

Reactions: Duke74

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What’s even more bizarre is when we were put on to the PK the first unit had Bouchard and Nurse on it. It’s so bizarre. Tippett handled Bear the same way.

Well fortunately, I think Tippett is at the end of his leash. If we get stomped in the first round again, Tippett will be getting his walking papers.

So the percentage went up???

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Yams pots a couple goals in the last week and now he gets a demotion haha.
This lineup sucks.

What is Tippett thinking?

just watch, Kasssian is going to tail off playing in the top 6.

To get himself going he will fight and break his hand.

Just so Tippett can fart around with stupid line combos.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
So the Bouchard demotion made a bit of sense because he was struggling a bit but... Barrie was as bad or worse with Nurse so imo it should have been a temporary demotion.

It's stuff like this that makes me think our playoff chances are nill no matter how good our regular season is.
It’s cause Tippett only knows how to coach if he has all star forwards and a hot goalie. Othwise he is useless.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Hopefully Tippett switches Yamo and Kass back and forth all game.
Bezos has an unused rocket waiting to go to the moon if that will suffice for Turris.
That Bezos can get lost.

so many shops put out of business with his company.
Own a bookstore or a electronic store? Awesome until Bezos comes along and puts those shops out of work.

now instead of owning a business you can go work for Bezos in his warehouse. Asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad