Post-Game Talk: Oh No We Suck Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Idk I think Yandle is close to Matheson on ”worst D” award. Yandle looks like he got old and is ready to retire. He fumbles the puck 90% of the time. He makes dumb decisions. Rarely any of his passes connect. Idk but was at both of the home games and Yandle looked the worst out of the team, both games.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Idk I think Yandle is close to Matheson on ”worst D” award. Yandle looks like he got old and is ready to retire. He fumbles the puck 90% of the time. He makes dumb decisions. Rarely any of his passes connect. Idk but was at both of the home games and Yandle looked the worst out of the team, both games.
No way

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
5 on 5 play is fine. Special teams is killing us. Doesn’t help our goaltending has done little to win us games.

Looking forward to seeing the panic after our inevitable loss in Philly

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Not that Mamin was bad but I would like to see Vatrano back in.

Hoffman seems to be forcing it too much (maybe he was like that in Ottawa also). The power play set up seems too basic. The point man just looks to feed either winger and that's basically it. Dads & Sasha are redundant below the dots then.

-ghoste

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Not that Mamin was bad but I would like to see Vatrano back in.

Hoffman seems to be forcing it too much (maybe he was like that in Ottawa also). The power play set up seems too basic. The point man just looks to feed either winger and that's basically it. Dads & Sasha are redundant below the dots then.

-ghoste

Barkov should not be screening the goalie on the power play. Total waste of talent. Complete sin.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
powerplay doesn’t work with current setup bc it’s predictable.

Need to make plays from below the redline by guys like barkov and huberdeau and have them get pucks to Hoffman, tro and dadonov.

If we are cycling the puck to the point all the time, they’re going to cover the players on the dots bc yandle is not a threat to score from up top. Need to either move Hoffman back or move ekblad back to the point with yandle for a threat from the point. Barkov needs to be on the half board to make plays with the puck to create a 2 on 1, not in front of the net and not at the point

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
powerplay doesn’t work with current setup bc it’s predictable.

Need to make plays from below the redline by guys like barkov and huberdeau and have them get pucks to Hoffman, tro and dadonov.

If we are cycling the puck to the point all the time, they’re going to cover the players on the dots bc yandle is not a threat to score from up top. Need to either move Hoffman back or move ekblad back to the point with yandle for a threat from the point. Barkov needs to be on the half board to make plays with the puck to create a 2 on 1, not in front of the net and not at the point

I saw the same sins and telegraph when they put Pirri on the PP.

You could tell what the end game was and they are getting read like a book.

Hoffman should be an option but not the feature. Put the puck on the stick of your best creators (Dadonov Barkov Huberdeau) and let them decide who shoots and when. Yandle ends up playing hot potato with Hoffman till something opens up and they dump it to the nearest player when they are in trouble

Reactions: RainingRats

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I saw the same sins and telegraph when they put Pirri on the PP.

You could tell what the end game was and they are getting read like a book.

Hoffman should be an option but not the feature. Put the puck on the stick of your best creators (Dadonov Barkov Huberdeau) and let them decide who shoots and when. Yandle ends up playing hot potato with Hoffman till something opens up and they dump it to the nearest player when they are in trouble
Yup

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
It all realistically comes down to the inefficiency on the powerplay.

We were at the game tonight. Don't know how it looked on TV but in person it probably looked worse.

Very disorganized, no continuity whatsoever, even strength or powerplay. When they did get setup, Vancouver would block their shots or force them to take a lousy one.

9:28 with a man advantage. No goals. That's the difference in the game.

Very disappointing. I know it's only three games but the lack of chemistry with the lines is concerning.

Flyers on Tuesday and the Caps on Friday, with Detroit on a b2b Saturday. They better wake up or they will be in deep hole.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Matheson and Petro have been horrid so far. 2nd line looked better with Malgin. Hate to break up the 1st line as it seems to be working but I think it’s time to try Hoffman there.

Ekblad’s skating is still laughably slow... will never be a top D-man if he can’t improve that. Yandle has been meh, coughing up pucks again, can’t get shots through. Our defense pairs are really not good right now.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I would trade pysyk and a recent first round pick for a top 4 d man

Matheson must get better fast because he is costing us points

Pysyk hasn’t taken advantage of the many opportunities he’s been given since he was acquired via trade. They thought he was top 4 material but I also think he should be moved if possible.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I have seen Matheson play well before. I think he’ll pull himself out of it. I mean he doesn’t really have a choice. He has to.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
5 on 5 play is fine. Special teams is killing us. Doesn’t help our goaltending has done little to win us games.

Looking forward to seeing the panic after our inevitable loss in Philly
I mean things aren't great. I wasn't panicking at all after 0-1-1 but to be honest I 100% expected a win here. The Canucks are bad. Florida now plays in Philly (probably a loss), in Washington (likely loss) and home to a fresh Detroit on the 2nd of a b2b. 0-5-1 is possible and that's pretty much the season lol.

And here's the thing, if they dominated tonight maybe I'd be less concerned, but the Canucks, projected to be bottom 3 of the 31 teams, and who lost their best player to injury half way through, played an evenly matched game on the road.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Not only do these guys decide to start digging a typical early season Panthers hole, they also have to fly to Finland then have a week off. So, we'll go from, "it's only been 3 games" to wait until 10 to see what you have, then 20, then remember that Christmas streak a couple years ago, to remember the end of last season. Hogwash. If we're out at Thanksgiving again, we're out.

Sassashka

Oct 12, 2018
Barkov should not be screening the goalie on the power play. Total waste of talent. Complete sin.

I think he could play that position but in different a way, not just screening the goalie. Also Dadonov barely touched puck during the powerplay. If both Dadonov and Sasha are screening goalie it's very hard for them to pick up those loose pucks outside the PK units formation if they are just standing in it.

The game just lacked effort and passion. Just painful to watch.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Had a bad feeling about this game when I saw we were playing Vancouver, who had a surprisingly not-terrible start of the season… really, really sucks to be right.

C-Bus, the Devils, even Philly all having decent to okay starts. Carolina is having a great start despite some crappy goaltending. We need to put our act together or we’re done by November, again.

I don’t know what it is with this group. The skill is there. This team should be good enough to make the playoffs. Is it motivation? Some sort of crappy defeatism mindset? Are they still away on vacation or what because we just lost three games in a row that were all winnable. If we lost 3-0, 6-1 I’d accept that maybe we just suck but that’s not it.

We can easily recover from a three game loss streak, heck we can recover from losing five in a row but something needs to change and soon. Hopefully we just need one win to shake off whatever this is. Can be ugly as hell, just win one.

UGH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sassashka

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I mean, nice to know we're still better than the Rangers but they're in the middle of a rebuild so sucking is expected from them this year. Us, not so much.
yea but once u understand that our rebuild contained no future superstars, which should have been obvious when we got barkov instead of mackinnon and then ekblad instead of the next years first overall in mcdavid, we got very unlucky and really were doomed to mediocrity. the core as it stands now can't radically be changed and its just not good enough to ever compete for a cup. we didn't get a set of mathews/marner/reilly/nylander from our years of sucking. or an eichel/mittlestadt/dahlin. those are successful rebuilds with actual cornerstone players. we got some good players but no superstars. u don't win the cup without those. barkov is a very good player but hes not a superstar. i dont care who says hes the 4th best center in th league, theres at least 7-8 id take over him in a heartbeat. plus we got absolutely nothing on D from the drafts which was the real killer. so now that we know we're going nowhere in the next decade, is relocation inevitable? I've said it ever since the core was completed in 2014. I don't see how they remain in florida by following 25 of the worst years in nhl history, with 10+ future years of mediocrity. fans will not show up for that and i cant blame them at all. there's just no way in my mind we have a team when the lease runs out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad