STARTING GOALIE
3642.jpg

#31 Anders Nilsson
1-0-0 .971sv% 1.00GAA

:panthers

BY2BSqa.png

g67k7RH.png

Injuries and Scratches:
Derek MacKenzie, Jamie McGinn, Roberto Luongo, MacKenzie Weegar, and Micheal Haley are all injured and will not play
Alexander Petrovic and Frank Vatrano are a decent guess at who will be healthy scratches

STARTING GOALIE
2481.jpg

#34 James Reimer
0-1-1 .875sv% 3.96GAA

Game Story

The Panthers seek their first win of the season against the rebuilding Canucks. It's a disappointing start for the Panthers, who opened with a tough schedule but played well enough to arguably be 2-0. Coach Bob Boughner has decided to shake things up, demoting Mike Hoffman and promoting Denis Malgin to the 2nd line in his place, as well as going back to a traditional powerplay setup. Bogdan Kiselevich is expected to make his NHL debut. The Canucks have been badly outplayed in all 4 games to begin the season but are 2-2-0 and coming off an impressive win in Tampa. They can credit their goalie, veteran journeyman backup Anders Nilsson, who was fantastic in a game the Canucks were badly outplayed in. His play is expected to earn him another start vs the Panthers.

Player to Watch:

No, that picture isn't from a Rookie of The Year hockey parody, that's Elias Pettersson, widely considered the rookie of the year favorite before the season started, and he has delivered, with 4 goals and 3 assists in his 1st 4 NHL games.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Goalies are just a guess, I wouldn't be surprised if Florida turns to Hutch. I'd be more surprised (and happier) if Markstrom gets the start. It's just screenshots from daily faceoff but I'm expecting Petrovic out for Kiselevich, could be MacDonald too though.

Here's some team numbers courtesy natural stat trick:

Florida vs TBL:
CF%: 49.37
Scoring chances for: 17
Scoring chances against: 16
High danger chances for: 4
High danger chances against: 5

Florida vs CBJ:

CF%: 53
Scoring chances for: 23
Scoring chances against: 22
High danger chances for: 11
High danger chances against: 10

So as the numbers (and eye test) shows, Florida could have 2-4 points right now. Compare this to Vancouver (only posting 1 game but they've been dominated like this all 4 and are still 2-2). This is a game they won.

Vancouver vs TBL
CF%: 34.88
Scoring chances for: 14
Scoring chances against: 37
High danger chances for: 2
High danger chances against: 16

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Sassashka

Oct 12, 2018
Yandle is going to bounce back from the last game and I'm happy to see him on that 1st PP.
There is no excuse to start the game slowly.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Pettersson will probably get his, that kid is the real deal. Got to try to contain everyone else. Hopefully they have been practicing defense the last couple of days.
And got to try and stay out of the penalty box. Pettersson on one side, Boeser on the other. Although they haven't been getting as many one timers in yet. That firepower, with those two shots on each side could be deadly.

Last edited:

JayX

Mar 7, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Jacobson has been sent back down, so that answers the question of who is out of the D lineup for Kiselevich. I quite like the new forward lines, having Mamin back and putting Hoffman on 3rd beefs that line up nicely, and the 4th definitely has potential too. Lets hope Yandle has had some self reflection from Thursday because jeez. When he's on form he can make the difference, but when he's off he negatively affects us so badly.

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
As of now, no goal gifs from me tonight (im not on my desktop) and I have yet to reach contact with batting to see what he did for his gifs.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Anyone see that post on Twitter about the Blue Jackets pulling a lot of borderline interference with our players. Some were saying they made it look legal, but it actually did cause some interference on many of the little plays all over the ice.

My question is.. if it works for them, Detroit teams of the past, current Leafs, etc..

Then, why are we not doing it?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Did i post here befor and it got delete or did i post it in the wrong Thread?

I only says Petersson will give us a hard Time. Peterson is strong on 5on5 and makes the Canucks Powerplay really better.
And who thought Nucks would win against Tampa befor the Season? No one die hard Nucks Fans maybe. So sometimes it is how it is, there is a single Player who brings in so much, that the whole Team plays over their expectation. Maybe early in the Season to they, but form his Preformences in PreSeason and Regular Season, he a Prospect of the Year Top Candidate.

By the Way if the Games doesnt go well, will we see Hoffmann for the 1sr Time with Barkov and Dadonov?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Anyone see that post on Twitter about the Blue Jackets pulling a lot of borderline interference with our players. Some were saying they made it look legal, but it actually did cause some interference on many of the little plays all over the ice.

My question is.. if it works for them, Detroit teams of the past, current Leafs, etc..

Then, why are we not doing it?

Yup.

That was Aaron Portzline. He is their GR pretty much.

He also said it is very hard to perfect so. Maybe you need to the right coach to teach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad