Post-Game Talk: Oh No We Suck Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
No question that we've had a bad start, but at the same time, we have played three games.

A quick guessing game. Here be several teams' win records for the first 8-10 games:
a) 7-1-1
b) 7-1-0
c) 4-4-1
d) 5-3-2
e) 7-2-1

Guess who's the cup winner from that sample of the first 8-10 games?
I don't like this start. I especially don't like blowing leads and losing the games in the third period. But pointing to the standings after three games, when 21 other teams have played 5 or 6? Really not the best argument.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Correct answer: c) the Washington Capitals. a) is LA, b) is Vegas, d) is Chicago Blackhawks, e) St.Louis Blues. Source - it's power rankings but the records of the teams are there.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
The problem is we needed at least two of New Jersey, Carolina, Columbus and Philly to regress.

3 of those teams look dominant and poised to be better than us so far.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
3 games in. Not going to be freaking out when it's an 82 game schedule.

That being said this team needs to wake up. Forwards, defense and Reimer need to be better.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The problem is we needed at least two of New Jersey, Carolina, Columbus and Philly to regress.

This is the exact same narrative we had when the Cats were trailing something like 2 or 4 points away from from clinching a PO spot for the last 10 games. "If NJD just lose one or two games and we'll make it..." Well, that didn't happen.

Reactions: ebulldog

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018

What does that matter!? How about you listen to the fans who have been watching failure since 2000. You all do realize this organization hasn’t won a PLAYOFF SERIES since 1996. Y’all realize that right!? All of these poor starts to the season. I understand it’s only 3 games in but with zero wins that’s a problem. Considering Vegas has the Panthers over under in points at 94.5. Thank god I put 500$ on the under. That’s a lock. This is a 85-90 point team.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Why not Hoffman? I don’t get it. I like Malgin, but not on the first line.

Its not about Malgin get the 1st Line Position. Why you take away Malgin from the 2nd Line, after the scored the first Goal on a entry from Malgin. And get Hoffmann going it might be helps to let him score a Goal or get some Points.
Thats like.
Left Brain: Yeah they start to get points and scoring, after i placed the right Player on the Line.
Right Brain: But when i overthink it again, its better to replace him, and place the Guy on the Line that doesnt worked well.
Left: Is that a good Idea?
Right Brain: Sure it is, blieve me, after it doesnt work for 2 Weeks, it will work in 3 or 4 Week.
Left Brain: Im a bit confused now.
Right Brain: Dont think to much about it, believe in and it will work or so i hope.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I agree... Hoffman would be perfect there. Even if he can’t cycle all he has to do is get open. Dadonov and Barkov can do the work.
I predict the line will struggle getting
Out of their own end to be honest. Does anyone watch the games? Anyone notice which side the puck goes to break out if Barkov doesn’t do it himself? Bjugstad does 70 percent of it. Dadanov and Hoffman aren’t good at exiting zone with pressure or in a board battle

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I predict the line will struggle getting
Out of their own end to be honest. Does anyone watch the games? Anyone notice which side the puck goes to break out if Barkov doesn’t do it himself? Bjugstad does 70 percent of it. Dadanov and Hoffman aren’t good at exiting zone with pressure or in a board battle
I trust Barkov to do the heavy lifting.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Really wish he would try Hoff or Mamin on the top line.

Malgin just doesn't do it for me. I guess prove me wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->