Post-Game Talk: Oh No We Suck Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I think this roster is good enough to be a playoff team. So do most professional hockey writers.

I think that this team has been overrated by many "professionals"

And call me crazy...but I think that they've been overrated for many years, or our futur/potential should I day.

"The Panthers, that good young team with great futur"

Remember, back in the days when Luongo was the best goalie in the world (yes he was)? The team was about to become a cup contender...once players like Weiss, Horton, Huselius, kozlov, Jokinen and Bouwmeester had reach their full potential.

Same old story today, same results.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think that this team has been overrated by many "professionals"

And call me crazy...but I think that they've been overrated for many years, or our futur/potential should I day.

"The Panthers, that good young team with great futur"

Remember, back in the days when Luongo was the best goalie in the world (yes he was)? The team was about to become a cup contender...once players like Weiss, Horton, Huselius, kozlov, Jokinen and Bouwmeester had reach their full potential.

Same old story today, same results.
The team was really good from Jan until the end of the year. The roster has legit talent. Writing the team off after three games is your call but I'm a little more patient.

Our core is much better than than that core plus the players surrounding it.

Reactions: ScottyMascotty

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Sorry, I'm quiet, I'll shut up!!! :D

Hey, maybe the Rangers can win the Hughes lottery. Or Kakko looks nice, no?
How's Chytil doing BTW? Always trying to follow Czech guys in the NHL...
With Czech and Finnish guys comes the attitude they're badly missing. Chytil seems to be trying more. He's clearly got the talent.Most everyone's still rusty. The ones not scoring 7 a game that is.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
nobody said barkov should be traded. and in what universe is being down on the panthers considered a negative nancy? ur a negative nancy if u ***** and moan about the lightning, not about the worst franchise in nhl history. and no one loves losing. Ive said a billion times b4 the season that I want more than anything to be wrong. I'm just not.
YOU said you’d trade Barkov for a long list of names. [mod] The loss last night was due to a couple of individual players. Not everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I didnt know playoff spots got clinched already with 158 points left on the table.

Nope, but the Cats are located in the so comfy last position in the standings yet again. Going to a losing streak due to "because there's so much leeway to screw up along the way" is a guaranteed spot in the outside of the playoffs.

Reactions: Jakeybonz

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018
I think this roster is good enough to be a playoff team. So do most professional hockey writers.

You realize we don’t have a number one goalie. And you do realize they have Bjugstad on the top line.

Screams ineptitude top to bottom in this organization. Sorry but most hockey writers have no idea about the Panthers. We have a captain who is our best player but he’s no leader. They get it wrong again. Once Barkov doesn’t play in a single playoff game the rest of his contract we’ll watch him go to a real hockey team and he’ll win a cup with them. Panthers are a vacation destination for most of these players. Hoffman looks good too btw. Wonderful signing right there. Mediocrity at its best with this Mickey Mouse franchise.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Tough game to lose again. Once the special teams start to even out we will start getting the wins. I like the play 5 on5 which is the main thing . I have little doubt the wins will start coming

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I didnt know playoff spots got clinched already with 158 points left on the table.

How many points did the Panthers miss participating in the 2018 postseason by?

Every single game is critical, especially when you're holding the lead.

1 pt out of a possible 6 thus far.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
[mod]

What i dont like is always the big promises and when you cant bring it on the Ice.
And every are opening new holes and old and holes that are a problem for now 7 Years.
At least what i dont get, you place Hoffmann on 3rd Line, then the 2nd Line scored a Goal on a good Play. And for that the Line was then set back to Hoffmann trocheck Hubderdeau that Line that doesnt work.
First it even show the effort and reward this Coaching Teams always praised and 2nd why go back to something that wont work.

Goalie for my Point, i said enough about it. I dont wanna spend another word on that.

@Sou better now?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Too many blown defensive assignments. And too much not moving their feet offensively. Too much looking for the pass. Not enough puck handling, trying to drive the net.
PP is too predicable, and has been so for years. Nobody wants to shoot, and when they do get one guy that will shoot, they only run one play for the whole PP, and that's to get him the puck (Trocheck last season, and now Hoffman on the one timer, plus Pirri in the past, etc. etc....). Yandle needs a different play.

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
If we gotta find a positive in these 3 games. Ekblad has been good as in not made mistakes

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I like the play 5 on5 which is the main thing .

I disagree

They look literally lost out there.

Don't you feel nervous every time the other team enters into our zone? I do.

Something is wrong with this team, it's really concerning. It's not just about a simple slow start, bad luck or whatever. They've been bad in EVERY aspect of the game. And when even our best players look bad and desinterested...again, it's really concerning.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I disagree

They look literally lost out there.

Don't you feel nervous every time the other team enters into our zone? I do.

Something is wrong with this team, it's really concerning. It's not just about a simple slow start, bad luck or whatever. They've been bad in EVERY aspect of the game. And when even our best players look bad and desinterested...again, it's really concerning.
No they don’t. They just haven’t scored on the pp. if they had even 20 percent on pp we win basically every game. Too much talent on team and too early for anything. They aren’t even in game shape yet. They will be fine by gane 10

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Yeah, we've been in all three games and had leads no less. Better special teams and a couple big saves could have flipped the script to 3-0.

Way better than getting blown out which will probably happen against Philly now just cause.

-ghoste

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
YOU said you’d trade Barkov for a long list of names. [mod] The loss last night was due to a couple of individual players. Not everyone.
lol I meant there are at least 7-8 centers that are better than him. doesn't mean I'd take their contracts. actual trades are a bit more complicated than just player skill. some of them are way older than him too. until u see me say trade barkov for player X, don't put ridiculous words in my mouth. he is a basically untradable player on his 5.9 deal. [mod] I'm not basing negativity on this past game, or even the first 3 games. I'm basing it on the strength of the actual roster and what these players are capable of. I've seen a large enough sample size of them to know that the addition of just hoffman and a whatever khl d man wasn't going to propel us into good team status. [mod] the second half of last year was mostly luck. I'm sorry if u think the panthers were dominant in that span but they simply weren't. they were outplayed in half of those wins and that was with our full lineup against banged up teams that had normal wear and tear to their rosters. the panthers were an 89 point team last year, not the 96 they lucked into. the additions they made should improve them to a ~92 point team and that's only if they again have zero major injuries which wont happen. any significant injuries and they're actually worse than last year and without that luck, we could see them at about 83 points. this is the reality of the lineup we have. call that negative all you want, it wont make it any less true.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
lol I meant there are at least 7-8 centers that are better than him. doesn't mean I'd take their contracts. actual trades are a bit more complicated than just player skill. some of them are way older than him too. until u see me say trade barkov for player X, don't put ridiculous words in my mouth. he is a basically untradable player on his 5.9 deal. [mod] I'm not basing negativity on this past game, or even the first 3 games. I'm basing it on the strength of the actual roster and what these players are capable of. I've seen a large enough sample size of them to know that the addition of just hoffman and a whatever khl d man wasn't going to propel us into good team status. [mod] the second half of last year was mostly luck. I'm sorry if u think the panthers were dominant in that span but they simply weren't. they were outplayed in half of those wins and that was with our full lineup against banged up teams that had normal wear and tear to their rosters. the panthers were an 89 point team last year, not the 96 they lucked into. the additions they made should improve them to a ~92 point team and that's only if they again have zero major injuries which wont happen. any significant injuries and they're actually worse than last year and without that luck, we could see them at about 83 points. this is the reality of the lineup we have. call that negative all you want, it wont make it any less true.
By this logic, which of course is all baseless, the panthers should be 2-1 at worst right now since we outplayed Tampa and clbs. Those were lucky wins for opposition. Can’t have it both ways. U don’t luck yourself for a full half a year being the best team in the league in that span. Sure we’re not the best team but we are a legit playoff threat. [mod]

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
By this logic, which of course is all baseless, the panthers should be 2-1 at worst right now since we outplayed Tampa and clbs. Those were lucky wins for opposition. Can’t have it both ways. U don’t luck yourself for a full half a year being the best team in the league in that span. Sure we’re not the best team but we are a legit playoff threat. [mod]
we outplayed tampa. we did not outplay cbj or vancouver so lets get that nonsense out of the way. [mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->