Post-Game Talk: Oh, Leafs. Oh, Oh, Leafs: Arizona 3, Leafs 1.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm a Bernier supporter, but that was a record for the quickest short handed goal EVER. This team just keeps putting up great stats :biglaugh:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
:laugh:

teams (good/bad/inbetween) all need to know how to win 1-0 games.

Montreal/NYR had a 1-0 game.
the game winning goal was a beaut, of what i call a "you can't even be angry."

Leafs score 1 goal, and were playing well (i was surprised that we were outshot by thatmuch because it didn't feel like it). 2 fluke goals. and now it's "everyone else should have scored?"

no. you stop those softees. especially when you know your team is having issues scoring. that's what #1 goalies do at crunch time.

not blaming him, not even mad at the game. the first puck totally dipped (you could see Reimer explaining it to Bernier). but the 2nd one was a def. spock eyebrow.

They are supposed to win 1-0, 2-1 games. Did you not get the memo?. Win the right way. Unfortunately Bernier had other ideas.

List of goalies who haven't won a 1-0 game:
Hiller (1st in West)
Bishop (1st in East)
F. Andersen (1st in West)
Elliot (3rd in West)
Howard (4th in East)
Crawford (4th in West)
Niemi (6th in West)
Rask (7th in East)
Miller (7th in West)
Lundqvist (8th in East)
Varlamov (11th in West)
Dubnyk (12th/13th in West)
Bobrovsky (13th in East)
Ward (15th in East)
Khubodin (15th in East)

List of goalies who have won just one 1-0 games:
Rinne (2nd in West)
Price (2nd in East)
Hutchinson (5th in West)
Holtby (6th in East)
Quick (9th in West)
C. Andersen (12th in East)
Schneider (14th in East)

List of goalies who have won more than one 1-0 games:
Halak (2) (3rd in East)
Fleury (2) (5th in East)
Luongo (2) (9th in East)
---

So basically it is by complete fluke if you win 1-0. Regardless of goalie, it doesn't happen much at all. The goalies picked were the top 20 in sv% going into tonight. So really, no, they shouldn't be expected to win 1-0

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I almost feel like we shouldn't trade anybody this year. I mean, why not stick with this group who we know can't win as opposed to risking some hungry Marlies players stealing a few games?

Yes this a true tanking lineup but there is a lot of garbage to be taken to the kerb. Earlier this starts to happen the better.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It wasn't very nice of Bernier to blame the fans on his lapse in concentration.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
It wasn't very nice of Bernier to blame the fans on his lapse in concentration.

I don't know, seems like Bernier is beating himself up over this. One thing is for sure, you have to be mentally tough in a place like Toronto with these type of fans.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Bernier has to keep his head in the game, all 60 minutes. If he can do this he'll be fine, if he can't, eh... we'll have to look somewhere else. It's up to him to mentally mature in this area.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton

I don't know, seems like Bernier is beating himself up over this. One thing is for sure, you have to be mentally tough in a place like Toronto with these type of fans.

After tonight I'd buy the man a few beers. We love you man! You are helping us a lot more than you think.

Plus, he was dynamite the first two periods. We know he can play.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Interactif posts really do make me laugh, Bernier had a stinker of a game, but how do you expect to win any hockey games scoring 1.33 goals per game in the month of January.. You cant tell me you expect bernier/reimier to get a shutout every game..

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I'm with Daisy, it didn't feel like a 32-15 deficit in shots.

I knew they would score, but I didn't think it would be like that.
In record setting fashion too.

A good twitter question: Do we even have a true #1 goaltender?

Now for the important stuff:

Wild, Zona and Flyers all won.
Did Buffalo continue (or continuing) their win streak in Edmonton)?

Also can we not get 4 points in our remaining 32 games? That equals Buffalo's pace.

We knew the team wasn't good, but I think this team is shattered.

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
I just keep thinking as bad as it is it is only getting worse. They will draft a kid that will be years away and next year the Leafs will be Buffalo. They are so many years away it is not funny. We are looking at 2020 as the eta to respectable. I do not remember a lower point.

I feel ya bud, things can look bleak. But we do have some young core pieces in Kadri, Reilly, JVR, Nylander to build upon.

You never know maybe we'll be Calgary next season, instead of Buffalo. If this organisation could ever instill a culture of outworking the opponent and priding itself on that, heaven forbid they might overachieve one of these years as opposed to the opposite.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
List of goalies who haven't won a 1-0 game:
Hiller (1st in West)
Bishop (1st in East)
F. Andersen (1st in West)
Elliot (3rd in West)
Howard (4th in East)
Crawford (4th in West)
Niemi (6th in West)
Rask (7th in East)
Miller (7th in West)
Lundqvist (8th in East)
Varlamov (11th in West)
Dubnyk (12th/13th in West)
Bobrovsky (13th in East)
Ward (15th in East)
Khubodin (15th in East)

List of goalies who have won just one 1-0 games:
Rinne (2nd in West)
Price (2nd in East)
Hutchinson (5th in West)
Holtby (6th in East)
Quick (9th in West)
C. Andersen (12th in East)
Schneider (14th in East)

List of goalies who have won more than one 1-0 games:
Halak (2) (3rd in East)
Fleury (2) (5th in East)
Luongo (2) (9th in East)
---

So basically it is by complete fluke if you win 1-0. Regardless of goalie, it doesn't happen much at all. The goalies picked were the top 20 in sv% going into tonight. So really, no, they shouldn't be expected to win 1-0

Incorrect list. Dubynk has won 1-0. And Price has won twice.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
this is the funniest year ever in leaf land. Watching the Leafs burn out this bad means theyll HAVE to make moves and do something big for once. I want to see the coach gone, the players, the GM. Change up the training staff as well.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Wow so much more time to spent with family, catch up on TV shows and finish some old PC games :sarcasm:

* NEW * Toronto Maple Leafs Schedule for 14/15 season:

March 2, 2015 @ 2:59pm Leafs vs. Trade Deadline
June 26, 2015 @ 7:00pm Leafs vs. NHL Draft Day
July 1, 2015 @ 12:00pm Leafs vs UFA season begins

I wish we could just skip to the next October, except maybe for the above dates... :help: :shakehead

Why do I feel like we will lose those days too?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Why do I feel like we will lose those days too?

Can we skip the Leafs vs. UFA edition?

After signing Clarkson, I'm afraid of the UFA signings we'll make this season.

Our team loves to overpay players who are barely NHL calibre. Tim Connolly, Mike Komisarek, Robidas etc.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
this is the funniest year ever in leaf land. Watching the Leafs burn out this bad means theyll HAVE to make moves and do something big for once. I want to see the coach gone, the players, the GM. Change up the training staff as well.

I was going to say. It's actually nice to see this team hit rock bottom with a good amount of time before deadline to get things in order for probably our biggest off-season in a very long time. No more half-measures for this team.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm surprised any media can say the Leafs deserved better in this game. They did get sunk by bad bounces, but they were back to almost being outshot by double again. Over 40 shots against is not a good way to try and win.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
This is Leaf land so not necessarily. Any other franchise yes.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I'm surprised any media can say the Leafs deserved better in this game. They did get sunk by bad bounces, but they were back to almost being outshot by double again. Over 40 shots against is not a good way to try and win.
Yep they tried to revert back to their old (winning:laugh:) ways and still got burnt.:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00