Post-Game Talk: Oh, Leafs. Oh, Oh, Leafs: Arizona 3, Leafs 1.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Yeah guys! Let's not put up a fight!

I guess we're one of the few places in all the world where fans sang the team to lose. It's not so smart to boo during a timeout that could possible get the team back in the game.

btw, you ought to understand 1984 to actually make sense of what you said.

You forgot the two minutes of hate?
Where everyone was told what emotion to have when? I understand 1984 perhaps you need to brush up.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I am not seeing as much from the posters trying to convince us there is a super new system with 5 guys in the picture and more mid ice breakouts. Shots against are down,

Horacheck hockey. I can almost taste it. Pile of garbage. My god Carlyle must be thankful he got turfed

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
You seem to be intent on deflecting blame off of Bernier.

In your opinion was the 120 ft shot and the soft short side goal 2nd goals weak goals? Leafs were up 1-0 and in control until that happened.

Don't straw man, tell it like is is. 3 weak goals in the 3rd were Bernier's fault were they not? And if not who was to blame for thos goals?

No, I'm intent on laying blame where blame is deserved. Difference. I'll underline this for you so you can see it: I'm not absolving Bernier of blame

What I am saying here...sorry, the Leafs allowed 21 shots on goal in the 2nd period and were in control? In what world?

What I am saying here is the Leafs allowed 45 shots. They scored one goal. Those are facts. Bernier allowed two soft goals. That is also a fact. You cannot possibly call the third goal weak (but it seems you are going to try). The team as a whole played lousy. Bernier for two shots. It is a team loss.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
You seem to be intent on deflecting blame off of Bernier. This is about Bernier and the goals he gave up to lose the game. They were all stoppable shots.

In your opinion was the 120 ft shot and the soft short side goal 2nd goals weak goals? Leafs were up 1-0 and in control until that happened.

Don't straw man, tell it like is is. 3 weak goals in the 3rd were Bernier's fault were they not? And if not who was to blame for those goals?

The Leafs were never in control this game. At the end of the 2nd the shots were 32 to 15 for Phoenix.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
You seem to be intent on deflecting blame off of Bernier. This is about Bernier and the goals he gave up to lose the game. They were all stoppable shots.

Don't straw man, tell it like is is. 3 weak goals in the 3rd were Bernier's fault were they not? And if not who was to blame for those goals?

I blame kadri, guy never won a faceoff

Can't be bozaks fault, he was on the ice for kessels goal so.....

Has to be a combo of kadri/berniers fault, although, without bernier the game could have been 5-1

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No, I'm intent on laying blame where blame is deserved. Difference. I'll underline this for you so you can see it: I'm not absolving Bernier of blame

What I am saying here...sorry, the Leafs allowed 21 shots on goal in the 2nd period and were in control? In what world?

What I am saying here is the Leafs allowed 45 shots. They scored one goal. Those are facts. Bernier allowed two soft goals. That is also a fact. You cannot possibly call the third goal weak (but it seems you are going to try). The team as a whole played lousy. Bernier for two shots. It is a team loss.

Bernier played bad when it mattered. I think you finally admitted it. He was not good enough to bail this team out against a terrible team in the 3rd.

So the Leafs cannot outscore bad goaltending anymore under Horachek. Bernier said it himself, he has less margin for error now that the Leafs scoring has dried up. I am sure he would shoulder the blame for this loss. He's a man, he doesn't need to blame anyone but himself or make excuses.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Bernier played bad when it mattered. I think you finally admitted it. He was not good enough to bail this team out against a terrible team.

So the Leafs cannot outscore bad goaltending anymore under Horachek. Bernier said it himself, he has less margin for error now that the Leafs scoring has dried up. I am sure he would shoulder the blame for this loss. He's a man, he doesn't need to blame anyone but himself or make excuses.

Bernier has said that any game he gives up 3 or more goals is a "bad game" for him. That doesn't mean every time he gives up 3 or more goals he had a "bad game"

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Bernier played bad when it mattered. I think you finally admitted it. He was not good enough to bail this team out against a terrible team.

And I'm not Bernier. I don't have to worry about who I blame. Score more than one goal and I'll lay blame in other areas. As it stands now its a team loss. The team is to blame. As I said all along, it's a team loss. Is Bernier not part of the team?

Nice thinly veiled shot at saying I can't man up and blame who you think needs to be blamed though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
And I'm not Bernier. I don't have to worry about who I blame. Score more than one goal and I'll lay blame in other areas. As it stands now its a team loss. The team is to blame. As I said all along, it's a team loss. Is Bernier not part of the team?

Correction, Leafs would have needed to score 4 goals tonight to outscore Berniers' soft goals. That's above league average BTW.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Correction, Leafs would have needed to score 4 goals tonight to outscore Berniers's soft goals.

If they scored 3 like a team should be able to they'd be in OT and who knows what would have happened at that point. As I maintained all along. And it doesn't matter if that's below league average. You want to be a contending team, score more than two goals. Score more than 15 in 11 games.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
But to blame it all on him when the team scores one goal? To blame it all on him when he's bailed the team out night after night after one bad game? Where's JVR, Kessel, Bozak, Kadri, Santorelli, Komarov etc to score a goal when the goalie has a bad game? Where were they to bail him out for once?

i'm not blaming anyone.
I am pleased as punch with the result of this game.

but meh. carry on.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
guys, you're splitting hairs over a ****** team and a ****** performance. its best to let it go.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If they scored 3 like a team should be able to they'd be in OT and who knows what would have happened at that point. As I maintained all along.

Yep Leafs would have had to score above the league average to win tonight's game due to shoddy goaltending. I think I said this. Tells you something huh?

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Yep Leafs would have had to score above the league average to win tonight's game due to shoddy goaltending. I think I said this. Tells you something huh?

And every now and again it would be nice to see them bail out the goaltender for a change. If they can't score more than two goals against the Coyotes and allow 45 shots, they could have Price, Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne in net and they aren't winning tonight.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Stayed away from Game Day Thread! Didn't miss it at all!

Stay strong Leafs, you bunch of friggen LOSERS!

Good game for... never mind!

I hate all this losing!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad