Post-Game Talk: Oh, Leafs. Oh, Oh, Leafs: Arizona 3, Leafs 1.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
I still can't figure out why people want to win or are upset.

Do you actually think the Leafs are better than the following teams that are in the wildcard hunt?

Boston
New York Rangers
Flordia (They have 4 points more and have played 4 games less)

We are 10 points behind Boston and New York.

Lets not kid ourselves. Its in our best interest too loose.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I still can't figure out why people want to win or are upset.

Do you actually think the Leafs are better than the following teams that are in the wildcard hunt?

Boston
New York Rangers
Flordia (They have 4 points more and have played 4 games less)

We are 10 points behind Boston and New York.

Lets not kid ourselves. Its in our best interest too loose.

We literally have a better chance of winning the #1 lottery this upcoming draft right now then making the playoffs.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I've never been one to WANT the team to lose but this team has broken me. Lottery pick please.

The sad thing is that the team and Nonis aren't even trying to tank. They're just that bad, lol.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
We literally have a better chance of winning the #1 lottery this upcoming draft right now then making the playoffs.
Not sure that has completely sunk in with Leafs management. If they just shuffle some plugs in and out by trade in the next few weeks then you know they really have no plans of gutting this team.

Kbird9

Jun 8, 2013
If hockey gods exist, McDavid is wearing a Leafs jersey on draft day.

Hockey Gods hate the leafs, and their fans don't deserve Mcdavid. The media and fan negativity is the main cause of this teams constant an pathetic struggles. You throw this entire roster into different jerseys in another city and they'd be much better off

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Hockey Gods hate the leafs, and their fans don't deserve Mcdavid. The media and fan negativity is the main cause of this teams constant an pathetic struggles. You throw this entire roster into different jerseys in another city and they'd be much better off
It's never the player's fault. They feel my fan negativity oozing through my keyboard as they commit one bonehead mistake after another.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Outworked, outshot and outplay 45-25 shots on goal.

The better team won tonight but that was a whack of ugly goals or was that whacky goals on both sides that went in that shouldn't have.

The fastest SH goal from start of a period a new record now that unfortunately Leafs are a part of being on the wrong side of.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
It's funny the difference in fan bases. I frequent a NY Giants forum during NFL season and despite the fact the season was clearly over, fans would lose their minds every Sunday when we'd lose. They'd actually get madder and madder with each passing week. Here, it's like 95% of us are embracing our plummet through the standings. It's so refreshing seeing an aware fan base.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
At what point in their careers do goalies hit their prime?

There are other options. We don't have the team to compete in the next 2 or 3 years anyway. There is something wrong with this team, call it back bone, mental toughness, chemistry. I wouldn't say tear it down completely, but its close to this.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Bernier sucks
Horacek is a ****ing loser

How is this Horecek's fault. He's getting them to play the right way. That's all you can ask from a coach. Caryle complained every day that the players weren't playing the right way.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Outworked, outshot and outplay 45-25 shots on goal.

The better team won tonight but that was a whack of ugly goals or was that whacky goals on both sides that went in that shouldn't have.

The fastest SH goal from start of a period a new record now that unfortunately Leafs are a part of being on the wrong side of.

The shots werr not indicative of the play. Yes they outshot us by a lot in the second yet the leafs had them hemmed in for much of that period.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
It is rather amazing that Carlyle managed to get this team to play 21-16 before he was fired.

1-9 without him thus far good for his resume.

Carlyle didn't do anything to make this team better unless pond hockey is a system. If that's the only way these players can play and collapse every year doing it then they need to go.

Kbird9

Jun 8, 2013
It's never the player's fault. They feel my fan negativity oozing through my keyboard as they commit one bonehead mistake after another.

You're right that the leafs couldn't give a sh** what you type on your keyboard, but when an entire city of obnoxious fans are screaming about every single mistake/cold stretch each player goes through, believe it or not they're very effected by it. This team has proven to be very weak minded (unbelievably bad tanking at the worst times after proving they can get hot early in the season) The negativity of the media and fans take a heavy toll on each one of those players. Tough for them to settle down and focus on the task at hand when they're constantly walking on egg shells

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00