Post-Game Talk: Oh, Leafs. Oh, Oh, Leafs: Arizona 3, Leafs 1.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
List of goalies who haven't won a 1-0 game:
Hiller (1st in West)
Bishop (1st in East)
F. Andersen (1st in West)
Elliot (3rd in West)
Howard (4th in East)
Crawford (4th in West)
Niemi (6th in West)
Rask (7th in East)
Miller (7th in West)
Lundqvist (8th in East)
Varlamov (11th in West)
Dubnyk (12th/13th in West)
Bobrovsky (13th in East)
Ward (15th in East)
Khubodin (15th in East)

List of goalies who have won just one 1-0 games:
Rinne (2nd in West)
Price (2nd in East)
Hutchinson (5th in West)
Holtby (6th in East)
Quick (9th in West)
C. Andersen (12th in East)
Schneider (14th in East)

List of goalies who have won more than one 1-0 games:
Halak (2) (3rd in East)
Fleury (2) (5th in East)
Luongo (2) (9th in East)
---

So basically it is by complete fluke if you win 1-0. Regardless of goalie, it doesn't happen much at all. The goalies picked were the top 20 in sv% going into tonight. So really, no, they shouldn't be expected to win 1-0

This is a really good point. For conversation sake I want to see what Interactif has to say about it.

BurnsBlue

Jun 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
LOL. Bernier stops 32 straight then gets caught napping. Meanwhile shots are 33-14.
Must be 5-0 now eh?
Oh, its 1-1.
Random fan "Our goaltending always lets us down. It is Berniers fault we are going to lose now."
jiFfM.jpg

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Tell me about it. I missed a whole week when I went to Cuba, only caught the last two games, have they been like this since New Years? They are putting me to sleep playing like this.

Nah, They actually scored in this game... they went 3 shutouts in 4 games earlier.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
LOL. Bernier stops 32 straight then gets caught napping. Meanwhile shots are 33-14.
Must be 5-0 now eh?
Oh, its 1-1.
Random fan "Our goaltending always lets us down. It is Berniers fault we are going to lose now."
jiFfM.jpg

I'm not sure which side of this you're facepalming, granted it could be both. It's not the fact that Bernier was scored on that has people screaming. If it was a 2 on 1 and top shelf snapshot from the slot no one would be on his case, except for a really small hard core hate group.

It was an alley-oop, from the opposing blue line, off the face-off at the start of a period. He got caught not paying attention, it was an embarrassing moment. It was Toskala-esque; with the exception that Toskala actually TRIED to make a save.

Bernier may have stopped 31 shots to that point but that goal should NEVER have gone in against an NHL goaltender. It points to what Kings fans said about him, he can be a wall but he's prone to brain cramps that make wonder about his ability to focus on the game.

BurnsBlue

Jun 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
It was Toskala-esque

Now your comparing Bernier to a guy who had a season best .904 here. What is so Toskala about it besides the fact it was from far away? Toskala was terrible. Terrible. Just like comparing Bernier to him is well...Charles Barkley says it best. "Turrible".
Im facepalming the audacity of blaming the goalies and bemused thinking that random blip of a goal will somehow play into jon berniers contracts forward in life. That kid is a top goalie in this league. As in, should be a starter. Hes not a top 10 goalie yet, but he could be.
Besides that, you know your all secretly wishing for the tank, he did you a favor after probably raising his trade value by stopping 32 consecutively,in 2 periods. which im sure is either league average or higher per "game".:sarcasm:

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Did you miss the score? Leafs needed to score 4 goals last night (above the league average)because the Goalie gifted 3 goals. Atleast Bernier manned up and admitted he lost focus. Bernier had a bad game. Excuses are for losers.

That's not what im arguing, I'm arguing how do you expect to win only scoring 1.33 goals a game.. Its not an excuse its a fact, how many teams do you know that would win 12 games or come close of winning those 12 games with 1.33 goals for?

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
What I dont understand is why boo/mock your own goalie when the scored is tied knowing it will only make it worse and throw him off? what a bunch of idiots

Regardless this team is beyond a joke at this point. Even the crap teams of around 2010 were watchable because they played hard. Not only is this team horrible but they can't score goals and you can't even tune in to watch a fight or some physical play because there's absolutely none of that. Why would anyone even watch this team at this point?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Bernier will bounce back. Mandela was in town working with him on long shots - nothing to see here.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
What I dont understand is why boo/mock your own goalie when the scored is tied knowing it will only make it worse and throw him off? what a bunch of idiots
Perhaps there was method in their madness. ACC full of tankers last night perhaps?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

Regardless this team is beyond a joke at this point. Even the crap teams of around 2010 were watchable because they played hard. Not only is this team horrible but they can't score goals and you can't even tune in to watch a fight or some physical play because there's absolutely none of that. Why would anyone even watch this team at this point?

Does this team score? NO
Does this team prevent goals? NO
Does this team play physical? NO
Does this team fight? NO
Does this team win? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: **** NO

Absolutely ZERO entertainment value.

At least Randy's teams used to do 4/5 of those.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Does this team score? NO
Does this team prevent goals? NO
Does this team play physical? NO
Does this team fight? NO
Does this team win? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: **** NO

Absolutely ZERO entertainment value.

At least Randy's teams used to do 4/5 of those.

you mean 3/5

Rymistri

Jun 17, 2011
Ottawa
What I find funny is people talking about Carlyle's team being more offensive and entertaining to watch. Correct me if I am wrong but that isn't the way he wanted them to play. They just seemed to ignore him and do their own thing.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

It's just a habit. I tune the game in but seldom watch it. The game has become background noise, usually I just start talking to anybody else in the room about other stuff.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
McDavid has a chance to become a generational player.

I ask this as a fan of hockey: Do you really want to see his career get ruined here?

Let's ruin someone elses instead. Hopefully we dont pick 1st overall.Or the Oilers.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Now your comparing Bernier to a guy who had a season best .904 here. What is so Toskala about it besides the fact it was from far away? Toskala was terrible. Terrible. Just like comparing Bernier to him is well...Charles Barkley says it best. "Turrible".
Im facepalming the audacity of blaming the goalies and bemused thinking that random blip of a goal will somehow play into jon berniers contracts forward in life. That kid is a top goalie in this league. As in, should be a starter. Hes not a top 10 goalie yet, but he could be.
Besides that, you know your all secretly wishing for the tank, he did you a favor after probably raising his trade value by stopping 32 consecutively,in 2 periods. which im sure is either league average or higher per "game".:sarcasm:

Wow, you need to read what I wrote again. I never compared Bernier to toskala. The goal from 140 feet away was toskala-esque. It was an unacceptable mental lapse that allowed it to go in. Which kings fans mentioned that Bernier was prone to.

Last edited:

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Horachek does 0/5

I still remember the thread after Horachek won the first game. The OP told everyone to forget everything that happened with Carlyle, and that this was a new team.

Sadly everyone in that thread agreed with the OP and I was being told to leave the board for saying the leafs still need to blow it up.

Horachek is the perfect commander, dude got Florida Ekblad on his own.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Bernier let that goal in on purpose. Shanahan obviously instructed him at intermission to throw the game after he stood on his head for the first period. The tank is in full swing. The fix is in for McDavid. Get your tinfoil hats out boys and girls.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
McDavid has a chance to become a generational player.

I ask this as a fan of hockey: Do you really want to see his career get ruined here?

Let's ruin someone elses instead. Hopefully we dont pick 1st overall.Or the Oilers.

How the ******* would we ruin his career? Edmonton has no quality veterans to insulate their youth with. If we get Mcdavid, then we have an elite winger, a close to elite winger, a generational centre, a good number 1 goalie, a possible elite dman in Rielly, a good #2 guy in Phaneuf, A quality #2 centre in Kadri, perhaps another elite winger or centre in Nylander, and some guys like Komarov to show them the ropes and teach them how to be pros. We get Mcdavid, and I am confident (barring some unbelievable Nonis/Shanahan Pejorative Sluredness) we are contenders within 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00