Post-Game Talk: Oh, Leafs. Oh, Oh, Leafs: Arizona 3, Leafs 1.

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Interactif vs. tp71, who will come out on top?!?!

Realtalks, you both had some good points and in reality both of you are partially right. This game was a ****** one for the team and Bernier. Bernier let in a couple of terrible ones. Team in from of him was bad, but not as bad on this night. Every goalie has these kinds of nights, no point arguing about.

Bernier still has the tools to be an elite starter. He can work on his focus and get to where we need him to be. Goalie is one of those positions that you can't really judge unless you've played a lot of hockey. Most fans will just look at the win columns and some stats as opposed to how the goalie actually plays.

Big picture, Bernier is going to be a great goalie. Tonight, he wasn't.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
I don't get why people are mad. We need to lose to get better. It's that simple. EX: the Islanders.

Shannys plan: Trade for picks, draft CMD, pair him up with Nylander, get some stud D man to play alongside Rielly & Percy, develop Bibeau and hire Babcock. Voila!

This team will 100% be better off in the long run. Trust me.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm with Daisy, it didn't feel like a 32-15 deficit in shots.

I knew they would score, but I didn't think it would be like that.
In record setting fashion too.

A good twitter question: Do we even have a true #1 goaltender?

Now for the important stuff:

Wild, Zona and Flyers all won.
Did Buffalo continue (or continuing) their win streak in Edmonton)?

Also can we not get 4 points in our remaining 32 games? That equals Buffalo's pace.

We knew the team wasn't good, but I think this team is shattered.

well that's the thing. people were saying we were outshout by like 40+? i was like for real?

Buffalo Lost. (heh or won ;) )depending on how you look at it.
at any rate. carry on

i thought Bernier played well. had 2 spock-brow goals allowed. and i think the whole team deflated. Drop the Mitts - thanks for that info. (shrug). if not 1-0 game -okay rare, but we should be winning low 1 goal games. (how about that :D ) no blame for anyone.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
I don't get why people are mad. We need to lose to get better. It's that simple. EX: the Islanders.

Shannys plan: Trade for picks, draft CMD, pair him up with Nylander, get some stud D man to play alongside Rielly & Percy, develop Bibeau and hire Babcock. Voila!

One does not simply trade for the first overall pick during Connor McDavid's draft year. But here's to a lottery miracle... What are we at now, 7.5%? I'll take those odds.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Tank is now approaching a high speed roll, couldn't be happier.

Can't wait for trade deadline day to see this team dismantled.

Watched a lot of losing teams over the years, some of those 80's teams were bad but I never disliked them and it hurt watching them lose.

This team is unlikable, I actually enjoy watching these no heart overpaid millionaires lose game after game.

If the hockey gods finally decide to give us a break, we'll get a top 3 pick these next few years and maybe there will be some hope in Leafland for the first time in over a decade.

Somehow with those corporate pigs at Rogers and Bell in charge I'm not sure much will change.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Tank is now approaching a high speed roll, couldn't be happier.

Can't wait for trade deadline day to see this team dismantled.

Watched a lot of losing teams over the years, some of those 80's teams were bad but I never disliked them and it hurt watching them lose.

This team is unlikable, I actually enjoy watching these no heart overpaid millionaires lose game after game.

If the hockey gods finally decide to give us a break, we'll get a top 3 pick these next few years and maybe there will be some hope in Leafland for the first time in over a decade.

Somehow with those corporate pigs at Rogers and Bell in charge I'm not sure much will change.

If hockey gods exist, McDavid is wearing a Leafs jersey on draft day.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

Yep.

Am quite surprised at how many people are still cheering for wins and downright angry at this team for losing again. These past few weeks, and the next few weeks, of prolonged losing could be the most important few weeks for this organization in many decades.

What's more important to people - winning a meaningless game in January? Or building a contender?

Was also surprised at how vocal and supportive the ACC was tonight. Was partially expecting an indifferent, quiet crowd mixed with some real hostility.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
If hockey gods exist, McDavid is wearing a Leafs jersey on draft day.

Having a generational talent "local" kid come to the largest hockey market with the longest cup drought and turning them around would be a boon to this league. My life would be complete :laugh:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Having a generational talent "local" kid come to the largest hockey market with the longest cup drought and turning them around would be a boon to this league. My life would be complete :laugh:

You know how Pittsburgh got like 3000-4000 new season ticket holders as soon as they won the lottery?

Well the Leafs would have to announce that they are building a 30,000 capacity rink if the Leafs won the lottery.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I am saying this until draft day.
the balls fell for the Penguins to save a franchise. the end.

before the Leafs totally slid out, I was flat out certain Arizona would win for the same reason. Now the Leafs are basically going to be drafting top 5. maybe six. and now you really, have to think. What franchise needs saving more - the Leafs (who basically needs to thrive so everyone else thrives), or Arizona - who basically isn't going to go anywhere.

If the Leafs win the lottery everyone wins.

Leafs get "that guy". Leafs fan, Toronto(area) Born , number one centre
Buffalo gets the next generational talent centre
Edmonton gets the franchise defenseman (to pair with Nurse)
Arizona gets Strome/Marner (to work with Domi).

im just saying. (shrug).
if a "strong" franchise (who was facing bankrupcy) could win the lottery
i would say an organization that has struggled for 10 years (40+ if we're honest), with an emotionally bankrupt fanbase, who just happens to be the financial engine with the league so if that fanbase goes, there's trouble...

kinda trumps a franchise in the desert.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I was really happy that kessel scored. Then I got occupied with scotch club.

What happened? Did Bernier **** the bed again? Defense fall apart?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I was really happy that kessel scored. Then I got occupied with scotch club.

What happened? Did Bernier **** the bed again? Defense fall apart?

5 seconds into the third, Yotes win the draw, OEL shoots from centre puck dips, goal in.

2nd goal (I wasn't really paying attention). but it didn't look good.
as they said on the radio - they're just finding ways to lose now.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
5 seconds into the third, Yotes win the draw, OEL shoots from centre puck dips, goal in.

No, shoots from his own blue line...

:laugh:

Weirdly, just like the Toskala goal, it was short-handed...

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Interactif posts really do make me laugh, Bernier had a stinker of a game, but how do you expect to win any hockey games scoring 1.33 goals per game in the month of January.. You cant tell me you expect bernier/reimier to get a shutout every game..

Did you miss the score? Leafs needed to score 4 goals last night (above the league average)because the Goalie gifted 3 goals. Atleast Bernier manned up and admitted he lost focus. Bernier had a bad game. Excuses are for losers.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

In the end it does not matter, Bernier is just like the rest of this team. They lose focus and each mistake they make ileads to a bad result. This team is done. Another major collaspe. This cannot be ignored any longer. Team has no backbone and Shanahan knows this.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
It's unreal to keep blaming Bernier for the entire loss.

He did let in 2 very soft goals, but giving up 20+ shots in a period isn't going to get you very far.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
A
It's unreal to keep blaming Bernier for the entire loss.

He did let in 2 very soft goals, but giving up 20+ shots in a period isn't going to get you very far.

If that had been Reimer in net, it would be okay to blame him, It's fair, Leafs do not have a #1Goalie. Add this to the need list.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Lose now to win later. It's the only way this franchise will be able to sustain any inkling of success.

Lately it actually surprises me when the Leafs score a goal. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad