Speculation: Offseason Thread XIX: Alright, Alright, Alright...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'd offer Miller and Skjei. Graves seems to have proven that he is almost NHL ready so he can fill that hole and Vesey replaces Miller. Our RD then looks like Trouba, Klein and Girardi 1-2-3.

way too much, if he never reaches his potential we get hosed. Miller is a potential 30 G guy.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I'd offer Miller and Skjei. Graves seems to have proven that he is almost NHL ready so he can fill that hole and Vesey replaces Miller. Our RD then looks like Trouba, Klein and Girardi 1-2-3.

That's what I said in the main boards. I'd like an add from Winnipeg though. Pick or prospect.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Trouba needs to be protected in expansion and the Rangers already have three D to protect. Big problem. Staal or Girardi could waive to be left unprotected but those decisions are for next June. It's also another big contract on D. Trouba wants big bucks too.

The Rangers don't have that match but I would offer Mats Zuccarello for Trouba if the Rangers didn't have the above issues.

Paul Maurice is part of the team Europe coaching staff. He coached him in the KHL too. Zuccarello can't block a trade to Winnipeg.

"When I got over there [with Metallurg Magnitogorsk], I had Paul Maurice as my coach," Zuccarello said of the current Jets coach. "I talked to him a lot while I was there, about doing what I could to try and get back to the NHL. Talking to him, listening to him, that really helped me."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...ay-home-through-russia-with-rangers-1.8109093

“Well I hadn’t met the guy before,†Maurice began. “It’s a real unique dynamic over there. So Mats loves to play. (He) not only loves practice, but he likes coming to practice, he likes being around the guys, he works hard in practice. He loves being at the rink and he loves the game. And that’s not always true over there.

“They’re not – players there aren’t conditioned to smile and have fun and get fired up for games,†he continued. “So I would notice that we’d be going out to a game and Mats would be standing at the door high-fiving everybody, chirping, getting ready to go to the game, and everybody else looked like they were going in for a shift, like, ‘What is this guy doing? All excited about playing hockey in the middle of January in Russia.’

“I really appreciated that from him. I think he loves to play, he loves the game, and as a coach you really appreciate that, but you especially appreciate it over there,†Maurice added. “Because it really stood out how much fun he has at the rink. (I’m sure) you’ve seen it a lot of the time (with the Rangers). He’s probably in the middle of most jokes and he’s laughing all the time. He takes the game seriously, but he’s not spitting nails before a game worrying about it. He goes out and plays as hard as he can. He has fun.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ra...arello-unique-enthusiasm-blog-entry-1.2168589

Mutual admiration society.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
way too much, if he never reaches his potential we get hosed. Miller is a potential 30 G guy.

JT Miller had a shooting percentage of 16 last season. There's no way he can keep that up so either he has to increase his offensive presence or his points will go down rather than up.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Trouba needs to be protected in expansion and the Rangers already have three D to protect. Big problem. Staal or Girardi could waive to be left unprotected but those decisions are for next June. It's also another big contract on D. Trouba wants big bucks too.

The Rangers don't have that match but I would

Girardi should be off the team regardless either by buyout or whatever. Expansion shouldn't be a problem.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo

The Rangers don't have that match but I would offer Mats Zuccarello for Trouba if the Rangers didn't have the above issues.

Paul Maurice is part of the team Europe coaching staff. He coached him in the KHL too. Zuccarello can't block a trade to Winnipeg.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...ay-home-through-russia-with-rangers-1.8109093

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ra...arello-unique-enthusiasm-blog-entry-1.2168589

Mutual admiration society.

Well in worst case you can always buy him out.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I would personally like to see what becomes of Skjei. I'd be happy to stand pat to be honest. Getting Trouba doesn't solve our REAL problems of Girardi, Girardi's cap, and Staal's cap.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I would personally like to see what becomes of Skjei. I'd be happy to stand pat to be honest. Getting Trouba doesn't solve our REAL problems of Girardi, Girardi's cap, and Staal's cap.

Well it would Push G off of the top pairing, so there is that.

He will be here until hes either traded or bought out. The former is not happening.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
What about going the offer sheet route ??

Hmmmm.....Forgot about that. That certainly changes the value of Trouba. What if right before Truuna were to sign the offer sheet the Jets were given an ultimatum. You can have a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd or Skjei and Lindberg. Do they take the picks or the players?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hmmmm.....Forgot about that. That certainly changes the value of Trouba. What if right before Truuna were to sign the offer sheet the Jets were given an ultimatum. You can have a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd or Skjei and Lindberg. Do they take the picks or the players?

Take the picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad