Speculation: Offseason Thread XIX: Alright, Alright, Alright...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No way. If you have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in an upcoming draft, you are PRAYING you come out of it with a Skjei and a Lindberg and only one bust. Never mind the fact that the latter could contribute to your team THIS season.

How early is that first? Skjei was picked late first, and his value right now is probably late first. Lindberg was picked late second, and his value right now is probably late second.

It's close, but if its a higher first, I'd take the picks.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
How early is that first? Skjei was picked late first, and his value right now is probably late first. Lindberg was picked late second, and his value right now is probably late second.

So if NYR traded Skjei for a 1st round pick you would think that is a good trade?

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Kreider/Graves/2nd?

I'd begrudgingly do it.

I'd feel much more comfortable doing the Miller/Skjei+ package honestly.

They have plenty of wingers. They want a young, NHL level top four LD. If Skjei isn't the centerpiece, I would imagine they would go with another team's offer. I just don't see any way they pull the trigger when the key piece going back is a LW.

I'd make that move, but I can understand why people don't want to move Skjei and/or Miller.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I wouldn't trade Skjei for a late 1st.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Winnipeg is pretty close to home for Marc Staal. Would they take him as an acceptable 2nd pair LHD? Please?

I think a team like Edmonton offers a much better package. I think they'd offer up Nurse or Klefbom. Still have one of those guys and Sekera on the left. Not a bad defensive corps.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Winnipeg is pretty close to home for Marc Staal. Would they take him as an acceptable 2nd pair LHD? Please?

I think a team like Edmonton offers a much better package. I think they'd offer up Nurse or Klefbom. Still have one of those guys and Sekera on the left. Not a bad defensive corps.

It's closer to home than NYC. They're about as close as Cleveland is to NYC, which is to say not very close at all.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Don't overpay for a guy who has asked for a trade because you have a shiny new toy syndrome. Only do it if you improve the team unquestionably.

Kreider and Brady?
JT. and Brady?
Zooks and Dylan?

No No and No

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY

I think a lot of teams can offer a package, unfortunately. So I agree its very low odds he ends up here.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well, now that's deceptive. Everything is farther away out there. If I'm not mistaken, the only NHL city closer to Thunder Bay than Winnipeg is Minneapolis (where Eric signed earlier this summer).

Unless you've traveled around west of the Mississippi, most of us Easterners don't have a real concept of how big this country, or Canada, really is.

And yes, Minneapolis is closer to Thunder Bay by about 100 miles.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Major if on JT, I do think Skjei is more or less a lock to be at least a solid third pair D though.

Trouba is already a top 4 RHD though. Thats an ultra rare commodity.

JT had 43 last season in basically his first full season in the nhl. I think he is almost a lock to score 50 or more sometime. That is only a 7 point improvement.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
JT had 43 last season in basically his first full season in the nhl. I think he is almost a lock to score 50 or more sometime. That is only a 7 point improvement.

With a 16 percent shooting percentage. Hes a 50 point scorer in the same way that Adam Henrique is a 50 point scorer, Only if he plays with elite line mates or has an insane shooting year.

I think 43-45 is what he settles into. Thats not shabby considering what else he brings to the table, but he shouldn't stand in the way of getting a top 4 (arguably top pair) RHD.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Unless you've traveled around west of the Mississippi, most of us Easterners don't have a real concept of how big this country, or Canada, really is.

And yes, Minneapolis is closer to Thunder Bay by about 100 miles.
Right, but I have. And an extra hour in the air makes a big difference, both for the player, and his family. If (and honestly, this is a point none of us really know) playing near where he grew up is something Marc would find appealing, there's Minnesota, then Winnipeg, then Chicago/Detroit, then everything else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln