OT: Official Video Game Thread (Part 4)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Personally I enjoyed it alot, but it is often seen as one of the weaker of the single digit Final Fantasies. Often what i hear people complain about it is the magic and draw system. I had no problem with the graphic as mentioned by the above people, as syz said this was the first time they tried making anatomically correct characters, but were limited in what they could do on a CD so there was limitations on memory and what they could do. The card game was a plus for me, and I really enjoyed the music. Never learned how to play the piano, but I taught myself part of Eyes on Me....though I have since forgotten it.

Yeah. I didn't have anything to base how I liked it on, unlike people who actually followed the series.

Thanks for the replies...I was just curious. I don't have the time to put towards Gaming anymore....but I like to keep up on it at least.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
6>7>9>4>8 says my childhood.

I didn't include 10 and higher because dodging 200 consecutive lightning strikes and Chocobo 0.00 race timers killed my childhood.

4>9>6>7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>8. I couldn't even last an hour into that game.

5 was more entertaining than 8...

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
If we are talking pre PS2 era Final Fantasy it would be 1>7>8>6(NA3)>Tactics>9>2,3,4. Never played 5 iirc and 2,3,4 I never finished but did start. Nothing Beats the Original. The real question is...white mage boy or girl?

final_fantasy_white_mage_by_koryu12-d8p1ld3.png

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You're all forgetting Chrono Trigger at the front of your lists.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
It's just not worth the price tag, more so given the Switches potential of just being another paper weight. Disappointing to hear that the Wii U version seems to have issues, since I was just going to end up borrowing that from my cousin down the road.

What issues? It's the version i'm playing and it's awesome.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You're all forgetting Chrono Trigger at the front of your lists.

I didn't play Chrono Trigger until about 10 years after it's release. It's a great game but not at the top of my RPG lists.

Earthbound, SMRPG, FF4, Secret of Mana.... The list goes on....

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Zelda is almost overwhelming with how big it is and how much there is to do. I played it for about 3 hours last night and I don't think I even scratched the surface.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
I am trapped in both Zelda and Horizon Zero Dawn.

In my opinion the 2 best open world games I've ever played.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Ordered Zelda on Amazon.

This is nearly shaping up to be the highest rated game of all time.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

Also Recommend Horizons, Zero Dawn.

Nier:Automata are the makers of Bayonetta, so if you guys love fast-frenetic combat, pick that one up.

How are you guys buying it from Amazon? I keep looking there and Best Buy and it's always sold out or some merchant bought it at low cost and is upselling it for 600-700 bucks...what's your secret?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Mass Effect in about 2 weeks very much looking forward to both SP and MP. I sunk a lot of hours into ME3MP.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Mass Effect in about 2 weeks very much looking forward to both SP and MP. I sunk a lot of hours into ME3MP.

I've been saying my goodbyes to my friends and family, because once this game comes out, I may drop off the face of the earth for a while.

In fact, I've been seriously considering replaying the first trilogy again (for the ...th time)

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
The playstation is getting an update tomorrow that finally allows the PS4 to use external hard drives. Even though I have a 2tb internal hard drive it will still be nice to store games that I am done playing on my hard drive to clear space for my active games.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The playstation is getting an update tomorrow that finally allows the PS4 to use external hard drives. Even though I have a 2tb internal hard drive it will still be nice to store games that I am done playing on my hard drive to clear space for my active games.

Is this true? Because if it is that's the greatest thing ever.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I know the series isn't for everyone, but Tales of Berseria just might be the first Tales game that I actually feel motivated enough to finish, and it's all to do with having a combat system that doesn't feel like it hates me.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I know the series isn't for everyone, but Tales of Berseria just might be the first Tales game that I actually feel motivated enough to finish, and it's all to do with having a combat system that doesn't feel like it hates me.

I liked Vesperia and Abyss and have thought about trying another one. Though I lack a PS4 at the moment...

Which ones have you played?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad