OT: Official Video Game Thread (Part 4)

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
For those interested in NHL 17 Ratings, here is a Youtube video of all teams ratings:

Ones I found funny:

Gudbranson 86 OVR ELITE HIGH (So he can turn into the next Shea Weber after 1 season? ROFL EA gonna be EA)
Andersen 88 OVR ELITE MEDIUM
Lucic 88 OVR ELITE EXACT
Klefbom 83 OVR ELITE LOW
Matthews 77 OVR ELITE MEDIUM
Puljujarvi 76 OVR ELITE MEDIUM
Laine 77 OVR ELITE MEDIUM

Edit- Reposting for Reference.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
For those interested in NHL 17 Ratings, here is a Youtube video of all teams ratings:

Gudbranson 86 OVR ELITE HIGH (So he can turn into the next Shea Weber after 1 season? ROFL EA gonna be EA)

Hahah the game is made in Vancouver so I suspect there may be some bias there :laugh:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I need a game to play by myself, but I just can't seem to find any that interest me. I think I've literally played 3 games in the last like 9 months. Town of Salem, MLB 16, and Minecraft.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004

Ones I found funny:

Andersen 88 OVR ELITE MEDIUM
Lucic 88 OVR ELITE EXACT
Klefbom 83 OVR ELITE LOW
Matthews 77 OVR ELITE MEDIUM
Puljujarvi 76 OVR ELITE MEDIUM
Laine 77 OVR ELITE MEDIUM

McDavid only 88 are you kidding me? Lul

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
NBA 2k series is hands down the best sports series in gaming. 2k17 comes out on the 20th and already appears to be better than 2k16. 2k also has no competition in basketball, but manages to put out an elite caliber game everytime. So EA has no excuse for rebranding the same ****** NHL game every year.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They are so bias in VAN. Some of the ratings boggle my mind. Gudbranson's rating..LOL

Gudbranson 86 Elite, high potential

Larsson 85 Elite, low potential

Also an 85 rating...good enough for third on our entire roster....wait for it....Roman Polak.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Gudbranson 86 Elite, high potential

Larsson 85 Elite, low potential

Also an 85 rating...good enough for third on our entire roster....wait for it....Roman Polak.

Lucic, Eberle, and McDavid are all higher than 85.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I need a game to play by myself, but I just can't seem to find any that interest me. I think I've literally played 3 games in the last like 9 months. Town of Salem, MLB 16, and Minecraft.

Eastside Hockey Manager is interesting but it's for PC though. You don't actually play any games just manage your teams. Has really crazy depth, detail for players, teams, drafting and leagues. Even goes into great depth in players playing options and match ups. It's by far the most in depth GM game out there.

This might interest you and other hockey fans.

Edit: It's available on steam

:dunno:.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So no mods for the PS4 remaster of Skyrim or Fallout 4

Ya, talk about a letdown. Looks like I'm getting it on XBOne

Eastside Hockey Manager is interesting but it's for PC though. You don't actually play any games just manage your teams. Has really crazy depth, detail for players, teams, drafting and leagues. Even goes into great depth in players playing options and match ups. It's by far the most in depth GM game out there.

I've always meant to check it out

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
NBA 2k series is hands down the best sports series in gaming. 2k17 comes out on the 20th and already appears to be better than 2k16. 2k also has no competition in basketball, but manages to put out an elite caliber game everytime. So EA has no excuse for rebranding the same ****** NHL game every year.

I've pre-ordered 2K17 and played the Prelude and it looks great.

jalbert

Feb 5, 2013
Moose Jaw, SK

Ark survival, it's so awesome. Can play both on and offline. But be warned you will get addicted.

Also has anyone played NHL 17? I'm hearing some poor reviews. Wondering if anyone can back it up ?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

Solitaire_7.png

Glad I could help!

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Ark survival, it's so awesome. Can play both on and offline. But be warned you will get addicted.

Also has anyone played NHL 17? I'm hearing some poor reviews. Wondering if anyone can back it up ?

Ark is awesome but I couldn't play it until I built a pretty good computer over the summer. On my old computer, which wasn't a half bad computer, the game was literally unplayable. Make sure you have a good enough PC for Ark, but if you do, it's worth it!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Ark sounds crazy. It's an early access game that's charging money for an expansion pack already? And people seem okay with this?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Ark sounds crazy. It's an early access game that's charging money for an expansion pack already? And people seem okay with this?

It's an early access because of all the mods and developmental ideas that get put into that game. It's really good and has potential to be bigger than Minecraft if it isn't already. It's got soo many things to do in there like:

-Building basically anything
-Taming dinosaurs
-Farming
-Exploring
-Hunting
-Forging
-Underwater sea exploring
-Flying and exploring the skies
-Leveling
-Crafting
-Cooking
etc etc etc

There's sooo much that you can't be bored with it (unless you cheat lol)

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013

It's disappointing they decided to release DLC before fixing some issues in the main game, and I'm not okay with that. That being said, the game has thousands of hours entertainment value. It really is quite an impressive game.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010

If you're looking for an updated game in the same vein, check out Franchise Hockey Manager 2 on Steam. It's by the same guys that make Out of the Park Baseball and is updated every year with new features. Version 3 should be out around October. Still a bit raw but has great potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad