OT: Official Spittin Chiclets Thread

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Tonic is way sweet, IMO. :dunno:

EDIT: what the hell do I know? I think Bourbon is really sweet. Some people don’t. I guess it’s all just personal taste.

I usually drink vodka with pineapple juice. That's the kind of sweet I'm talking about. I've never considered tonic anything but water carbonation.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I usually drink vodka with pineapple juice. That's the kind of sweet I'm talking about. I've never considered tonic anything but water carbonation.
You’re thinking of club soda or seltzer water. Tonic water is very different. High in sugar. It generally has a carb content similar to cola.

Reactions: Jakey53

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If vodka and pineapple juice is girly, then call me girly all day. That shit is amazing. I also love screwdrivers, and have on occasion mixed orange and pineapple juice with vodka. For bonus delicious, try it with whipped cream vodka. You can make it damn near 50/50 vodka/mixer and its still delicious.

Reactions: RemoAZ

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm cursed when it comes to drinking. I like fruity drinks that taste good. Since I'm single and usually out with a buddy, I have to try to "man them up" as much as possible, cuz, you know, don't want to send the wrong signals. No umbrellas or fruit around the rim and no girlie looking glasses. I can't do just straight alcohol and I rarely drink beer anymore because I like to get a buzz without filling up on liquid before my food arrives. Occasionally I'll get a bartender that likes to be funny so when I ask them to alter the drink a bit so it doesn't look so girlie they throw in a skewer of fruit and put it in a big martini glass. That's always fun...not.

"And waitress... This time no giggling... "

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If vodka and pineapple juice is girly, then call me girly all day. That **** is amazing. I also love screwdrivers, and have on occasion mixed orange and pineapple juice with vodka. For bonus delicious, try it with whipped cream vodka. You can make it damn near 50/50 vodka/mixer and its still delicious.
Thanks! Now I don't feel so alone. Someone else is in the club!

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017

I believe you and I have similar tastes in drink lol. Unfortunately, my circle of friends don't see the light when it comes to gin... But at least I can get them to try different whisk(e)y!
I've had vodka and tonic with a lime in it. Too bland for me.
Ever had a vodka gimlet? Definitely a more refreshing/limey drink and not bland I would say..can also be done with gin of course haha.

rt

May 13, 2004
It has been made.

Attachments

• 6676C4EA-4314-49C4-A5BD-77E4BBB35B96.jpeg
    6676C4EA-4314-49C4-A5BD-77E4BBB35B96.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 7

rt

May 13, 2004
Nice!
What's your opinion on that gin? I would normally assume since you own it you like it... But I routinely buy bottles of stuff I've never had before to try it so... Haha.
Hendricks has become so expensive that Plymouth is suddenly well worth the price. I always mix the gin anyway, so it makes more sense to me to drink Plymouth. I like it fine. It’s fairly highly regarded, I guess. I don’t know much about gin.

The only spirit I really get excited about is whisky. Even then, over the last couple of years, I’ve really started buying American whisky almost exclusively. Imports have become unbelievably expensive the last few years.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Hendricks has become so expensive that Plymouth is suddenly well worth the price. I always mix the gin anyway, so it makes more sense to me to drink Plymouth. I like it fine. It’s fairly highly regarded, I guess. I don’t know much about gin.

The only spirit I really get excited about is whisky. Even then, over the last couple of years, I’ve really started buying American whisky almost exclusively. Imports have become unbelievably expensive the last few years.

My introduction to gin was Hendricks! So I feel ya on that... I'll have to give Plymouth a try. I feel like there are so many different whiskey options it's insane... Good but insane.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I believe you and I have similar tastes in drink lol. Unfortunately, my circle of friends don't see the light when it comes to gin... But at least I can get them to try different whisk(e)y!

Ever had a vodka gimlet? Definitely a more refreshing/limey drink and not bland I would say..can also be done with gin of course haha.

Never heard of a gimlet. I know Gimli from Lord of the Rings. Any relation?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
You’re thinking of club soda or seltzer water. Tonic water is very different. High in sugar. It generally has a carb content similar to cola.
... which is why I generally just get soda. Scotch & coke throws bartenders off a bit but has a nice spiciness. Scotch & ginger ale is a favorite, and has a sweet kick. Both are plenty sweet without being the least bit girly.

The girlfriend loves gin so I have it at home and experiment with it a lot. You know those water additives like Mio that you squirt a few drops into a bottle for flavor? Those in a dry gin&tonic .... magnifique!

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Great interview today with Mike Richards. I always hated him in a "I wish he was on my team" kind-of-way. He won everything as a player. 2 Stanley Cups with the Kings, 1 SCF appearance with the Flyers, Olympic gold and World Juniors Gold with Canada, Memorial Cup with Kitchener, and even an AHL Championship on the Monarchs with Biz :laugh:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I listen to about 5 podcasts but always pause them when a new Chiclets comes out and play it instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad