Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Kings effed around too much passing it and looking for the perfect play until they ran out of time and space.

10 years later, still screw them, especially Doughty.

Knobs walking off lol until he realizes he's gotta shake hands lol

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Well @LokiDog lives there...that should tell you all you need to know.

I don’t know what they showed on ESPN but Dallas has been probably the most attractive people per capita I’ve ever seen in the US, both times I’ve lived here. Of course, there’s also some yeehaws and meth heads meandering under bridges, and the good ol’ boys are pretty heavily beer soaked, corn fed and … dumb. But the college-up-to-thirty crowd is pretty much a collection of fitness influencers with their daddy’s money running around in the tightest lulu yoga pants manufactured and size-too-small sports bras with perfect skin, hair, teeth and nails 24/7. And a lot of those ladies love to throw any local team’s jersey over those leggings and go to games (dirt cheap by MSG standards) and giggle “oh my god, Wyatt Johnston is daddy”.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_0103.jpeg

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Would the NHL start the East Second Round before the West First Round is over? Trying to get a sense of when Game 1 could be.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Would the NHL start the East Second Round before the West First Round is over? Trying to get a sense of when Game 1 could be.

My assumption is our Game 1 will be after any potential game 7's on Sunday. Hence why a start time hasnt been announced.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

One source briefed on the matter said Matthews playing a potential Game 7 is unlikely. Another said the team is uncertain at this point.

Given the highly secretive nature of how teams operate during the Stanley Cup playoffs, specific details about what is ailing Matthews are difficult to come by.

What is known is that the 26-year-old played through illness in Games 3 and 4 of the series before suffering an injury on an innocuous hit while playing sick, according to the sources. Team doctors removed Matthews from the lineup during the second intermission of Game 4 and he’s been unable to participate in a full team skate since.

While Matthews has taken to the ice each of the past three days — he went through a 30-minute session with members of the player development staff at Scotiabank Arena on Thursday morning — one of the sources said it would be “reckless” for him to try and play through whatever is hampering him.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Producer: I have an idea for a documentary, it's called "Saving Sakic"

ESPN: "Saving Sakic"? sounds dramatic. Saving him from what, a deranged fan? A career-threatening injury?

Producer: Worse--having to play for the late-90s New York Rangers.

Still one of the great 'what ifs' for mine. August '97 and the Rangers were still a team that had just made the ECF. Does a few years of Sakic and Gretzky down the middle mean we totally avoid the dark ages, or does it just kick the can down the road a little?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: