OT: Official Golf Thread II

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Golfing my first Golf Digest Top 100 course this week ..Troy Burne in Hudson, WI.

Started golfing with some buddies from work. We have 4 of us now and it's been a lot of fun.

Reactions: ODAAT

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Dad and I played some twilight golf today...6:15 tee time. Got through 13 before having to call it...had to walk because of some heavy rain earlier today, and were behind some slow folks. If it weren't for that, we would've likely been able to finish.

And I really wish we had. 48 on the front, but 4 pars and 4 bogeys through 13 is probably my best run.

Screenshot_20210824-211620~2.png

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Screenshot_20210909-170541~3.png

Losing far fewer balls... Means less massive numbers.

Putting has been letting me down lately though... Today I hit a GIR on a Par 5 and another on a Par 4. Combined score on those two holes? +3. 4 putt and 3 putt. Yeesh.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thank you! Did it once last year and once this year.. And have had many close calls...getting there!
great stuff, one of the best pieces of advice I ever got was to do the same routine for every shot, whether I`m playing well or otherwise, creates a consistency

Reactions: ylekot

Say Hey Kid

They met at the crossroads.
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Pretend all golfers are young. If I wanted to lose the Ryder Cup I'd take:

Fuzzy Zoeller: 1-8-1
Ben Crenshaw: 3-8-1
Jim Furyk: 9-17-4
Tiger Woods: 13-17-3
Phil Mickelson: 14-18-6

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pretend all golfers are young. If I wanted to lose the Ryder Cup I'd take:

Fuzzy Zoeller: 1-8-1
Ben Crenshaw: 3-8-1
Jim Furyk: 9-17-4
Tiger Woods: 13-17-3
Phil Mickelson: 14-18-6

How bout Freddy Couples (still my all time fav), don`t know his precise record but it`s a losing one

yep, my favorite golf event. You know, for years I cheered for the States when it had players like Payne Stewart, Couples etc....they actually seemed to get along and work together much better than what I`ve seen in the last 20 years which is why I`ve changed allegiances, it looks like the Euro`s genuinely like one another but even if they don`t on a personal level, they seem to be able to put their collective ego`s aside and do the job

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
following a tournament is simply more fun when Tiger is involved but like Ali, I have minimal expectations for him this weekend, only hope he doesn`t reinjure anything

Reactions: NDiesel

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Best theme music in sports

Everyone knows the original Masters theme song. It's called "Augusta," and Dave Loggins wrote it. Just hearing those few keys on the piano, golf fans can tell what the song is and what it means. Augusta National and the Masters.

However, in recent years, CBS has also played another Masters theme song, particularly when they show leaderboards, highlights or close the telecast. It's an upbeat song that's pretty exciting. There are no lyrics. It's not a particular ode to Augusta National.

So what's that song called?

The new Masters theme song is called "Thrill of Victory," and it's by an a group named E.S. Posthumus. The group was active from 2000-2010 and produced a form style of 21st century classic music which tried to mix modern rhythms with classical styles as well in an effort to produce an "epic" style of music.

E.S. stands for "experimental sounds" and posthumus is a play to show the music was inspired by things long dead and in the past.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't have the highest hopes for Tiger, but man... he's going to get quite the reception as soon as he strikes the ball on the first tee.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don't have the highest hopes for Tiger, but man... he's going to get quite the reception as soon as he strikes the ball on the first tee.
I'm excited to see him.

I feel like this tournament is wide open and anyone can win this.

The weather has been brutal the last 2 days so it is going to be key to have a good first drive off the tee and the short game is going to need to be controlled.

The bunkers are going to be brutal. Sand is going to be like concrete

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm excited to see him.

I feel like this tournament is wide open and anyone can win this.

The weather has been brutal the last 2 days so it is going to be key to have a good first drive off the tee and the short game is going to need to be controlled.

The bunkers are going to be brutal. Sand is going to be like concrete
I'm in a Masters Pool

- Rahm
- Zalatoris
- Matsuyama
- Conners
- Rose
- Ancer

It was one of those "box pools" where you pick 1 player out of each box.

Need a good run this year. I came 20/24 last year, hahaha

Reactions: Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
He readily admits that walking 4 miles a day could be his biggest problem.

Augusta National will NEVER allow golf carts and because it’s a private facility with selective membership, it’s not subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I'm in a Masters Pool

- Rahm
- Zalatoris
- Matsuyama
- Conners
- Rose
- Ancer

Thats a solid team, I like how you have a Canadian.
I am in draftkings with 5 teams.

Good luck . . .. .

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm in a Masters Pool

- Rahm
- Zalatoris
- Matsuyama
- Conners
- Rose
- Ancer

These are the times I really miss my dad because he'd know so much about the players. I know who Rahm, Matsuyama and Rose are but outside of them, I am clueless.

I have a soft spot for Rory McIlroy so I always root for him to at least make it to Sunday.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
These are the times I really miss my dad because he'd know so much about the players. I know who Rahm, Matsuyama and Rose are but outside of them, I am clueless.

I have a soft spot for Rory McIlroy so I always root for him to at least make it to Sunday.
Lol that's like just rooting for Crosby because

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad