OT: Official Golf Thread II

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Tiger won't need that tour anyway... icon status you'll see him do what he's been doing when not active....
Won't be surprised if Tiger ends up doing something in media for major tournaments whether they get him to commentate the final day or have him doing sit down interviews with players or pieces on the course ect. The golf world is better with Tiger a part of it in whatever capacity he choses.

Just glad he's on the road to recovery.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Won't be surprised if Tiger ends up doing something in media for major tournaments whether they get him to commentate the final day or have him doing sit down interviews with players or pieces on the course ect. The golf world is better with Tiger a part of it in whatever capacity he choses.

Just glad he's on the road to recovery.
it sure is, could see him being consistently involved in captaincy of the Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup kind of events

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
he already is part of the Ryder Cup
I understand that but I mean with a focus and attention strictly on coaching, captain etc....I wonder what he`d be like in the broadcast booth, wonder if he`d be cookie cutter nice or a guy who would be bold to say something like "if I had that shot I`d do this"

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I understand that but I mean with a focus and attention strictly on coaching, captain etc....I wonder what he`d be like in the broadcast booth, wonder if he`d be cookie cutter nice or a guy who would be bold to say something like "if I had that shot I`d do this"
that's a specialty event anyways, and once you're not an active player that slot goes to someone else, and you have to accept to be a part of that select.... it's like an all star of all star game.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
that's by invitation, though, you just don't get added to a team....
The captaincy is decided by the PGA. If and when Tiger is ready there is no doubt the PGA will extend him the opportunity.

The PGA will find something for Tiger if and when he is ready to come back to the game

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I believe ODATT means actually selecting the team. Right now it is Steve Stricker for Team USA. Tiger could be either at some point.

Padraig Harrington is the Captain for Team Europe
points for the US Side because the 2020 tournament were shelved due to the pandemic, are now through the FedEx Cup 2nd playoff or the BMW Championship...

THE RYDER CUP

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
points for the US Side because the 2020 tournament were shelved due to the pandemic, are now through the FedEx Cup 2nd playoff or the BMW Championship...

THE RYDER CUP
I haven't even looked at the potential field I just know Stricker is the captain and it is in Wisconsin where he's from this coming September.

I expect the usual suspects will be up for a spot on both sides if healthy

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I haven't even looked at the potential field I just know Stricker is the captain and it is in Wisconsin where he's from this coming September.

I expect the usual suspects will be up for a spot on both sides if healthy
this is why we have Hardy to cover that for us, Ali.... I don't think the needle moves much for the sport here in general....

Reactions: Alicat

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The amount of money I spend on Vice golf is alarming. I need help.

What's equally alarming is the amount of balls i go through, especially when i play non local courses.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
First round of the year in the books... A 103.

And that's with a 17 on the first two holes, and 7 putts on two Par 3s on the back nine.

Had 3 straight GIRs and Pars to start off the back 9.

Good start to the year!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

And that's with a 17 on the first two holes, and 7 putts on two Par 3s on the back nine.

Good start to the year!
nice, went out and played a par 3 course here two days ago, +4 but really the focus was simply on getting the swing going a bit.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Good start to the year!
Nice start!

We have rain for the next 2 weeks here, so I won't be out anytime soon, but at least the rain should be good news for the quality of the golf courses this year!

Reactions: Flannelman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->