[Official] Get your serving of crow with a piece of humble pie

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm not eating any pie on Butler yet, by my calculations he'll be summoning the mob in the next 4-5 games. If could play like this all the time I'd gladly eat me some Butler pie.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I'll eat crow when I said Hartley is going to be a difference maker in the locker room. Cannot believe what he is doing to Sven. Although a guy like saaaay Glencross has been luckier and put up points, he has been less effective than Sven

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Although a guy like saaaay Glencross has been luckier and put up points, he has been less effective than Sven
:laugh: Where are you getting this from? Examples please? Sven isn't doing much of anything at the moment. He looks outmatched in most areas. I honestly can't name a forward I'd play him over right now.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
:laugh: Where are you getting this from? Examples please? Sven isn't doing much of anything at the moment. He looks outmatched in most areas. I honestly can't name a forward I'd play him over right now.

I actually agree with BVicious on this. Sven is the guy that the play flows through, whereas Glencross is the guy on the finishing end. I don't know about you, but I rarely see a goal go in where I think "that was a great play by Glencross to allow that to happen," but I do get that a lot with Sven.

Hard to give any real examples of anything with this topic. For the most part, people are just going to be arguing with their subjective overall assessment of games they've watched, not concrete examples (and besides, any time someone uses specific examples, they're lambasted as outliers anyway :laugh:).

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012

I'm not going to spend the day going through YouTube clips, but how many plays have fell dead on Sven's stick compared to Glencross? How any give-away's has glencross had compared to Sven? And lastly watch the last 5 games that they both have played, Sven is one of the few forwards that can carry the puck over the blue line. If anything, Girardi should be sat instead of Sven because he can't stay on side, and he is just as effective as Bouma.

I know Glencross has now broken the funk and is starting to get his game back so yea tonight you can't scratch him. That's cool. But Bouma, Jackman, Girardi, and Grats can all be sat instead of Sven.

It's like sitting backlund....because he hasn't found the back of the net? Please, he's playing all 3 zones effectively, and actually uses his body. Can't see his point totals go up playing with Jacks/Grats

May 27, 2012
Earth
I'm not going to spend the day going through YouTube clips, but how many plays have fell dead on Sven's stick compared to Glencross? How any give-away's has glencross had compared to Sven? And lastly watch the last 5 games that they both have played, Sven is one of the few forwards that can carry the puck over the blue line. If anything, Girardi should be sat instead of Sven because he can't stay on side, and he is just as effective as Bouma.

I know Glencross has now broken the funk and is starting to get his game back so yea tonight you can't scratch him. That's cool. But Bouma, Jackman, Girardi, and Grats can all be sat instead of Sven.

It's like sitting backlund....because he hasn't found the back of the net? Please, he's playing all 3 zones effectively, and actually uses his body. Can't see his point totals go up playing with Jacks/Grats

He would be a great addition to our defense.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Sven was playing well for a while with #s 23 and 24, but for a bunch of games now I've seen him get thrown off the puck or deke past one guy and lose it to the next. He's just not playing well enough either along the boards or positionally, it seems like he can't find any space to work with and just does nothing for his linemates. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but if we're serious about winning games this season I can definitely understand this decision even though I'd much rather watch Sven than Tim Jackman.

As for Glenny, I thought he was nearly flawless defensively in our impressive win over Chicago and has also been hot points wise lately. I was on him earlier in the year when he wasn't doing anything in the offensive zone but he really turned that around.

To clarify, it's not really that Sven has been bad and is costing us games, but there are better options right now. The thing with Sven is that if he isn't sparking the offense he isn't really doing much of anything and you can't use him on the PK either.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Sven was playing well for a while with #s 23 and 24, but for a bunch of games now I've seen him get thrown off the puck or deke past one guy and lose it to the next. He's just not playing well enough either along the boards or positionally, it seems like he can't find any space to work with and just does nothing for his linemates. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but if we're serious about winning games this season I can definitely understand this decision even though I'd much rather watch Sven than Tim Jackman.

As for Glenny, I thought he was nearly flawless defensively in our impressive win over Chicago and has also been hot points wise lately. I was on him earlier in the year when he wasn't doing anything in the offensive zone but he really turned that around.

I watched the game and he had some giveaways. Not to take it away fro him but I thought it was one of his better games this season. I would like to see Baerstchi play, but what can you do about it?

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I don't know about you, but I rarely see a goal go in where I think "that was a great play by Glencross to allow that to happen," but I do get that a lot with Sven.

Hard to give any real examples of anything with this topic.

Just look at the last goal the Flames scored. It was Glencross crashing the net as Kris Russell scored the OT winner. There, not so hard at all to give a real example of Glencross helping the Flames win. It's a lot harder with Baertschi nowadays.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Just look at the last goal the Flames scored. It was Glencross crashing the net as Kris Russell scored the OT winner. There, not so hard at all to give a real example of Glencross helping the Flames win. It's a lot harder with Baertschi nowadays.

We had a few goals this season where Glencross did that, which is good.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Yeah, my bad. I had that typed and then erased it. I meant to say that usually when it happens with Glencross, it's when he's parked in front of the net.

Although I'll also direct you to go back and look again at the OT winner highlight. Glencross is on the half-boards on the play, and the whole play started with him getting stripped of the puck and having it bounce into the corner.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You should consider becoming a gymnast. Those are some fantastic mental backflips you are performing there.

Where?
I am being honest with what I've said.

I was happy with everything feaster did this summer? Outside of the first pick of the draft, and ive sated that. Unsure if you're thinking of someone else.

And I still think stajan is pretty useless going forward lol. I am not saying anything about that... third line center, better worth the trade.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
The level of pride of some people is silly. It won't kill anybody to eat a little pie. Unless its rhubarb pie

TylerSVT*

I thought the Flames would be in last by now.

I am wrong there.

I thought Sven would be a Calder favourite.

I am wrong as well. :(

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Where?
I am being honest with what I've said.

I was happy with everything feaster did this summer? Outside of the first pick of the draft, and ive sated that. Unsure if you're thinking of someone else.

And I still think stajan is pretty useless going forward lol. I am not saying anything about that... third line center, better worth the trade.

What would you have done?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What would you have done?

I was talking about wanting Lindholm over Monahan. Once he was off the table I was really debating over Monahan and Niki.
Probably would have gone with the north American center over the arrogant head case Russian myself... I do remember as he was drafting I was thinking Niki was the right choice, but it took a few picks to slow down and realize that he really wasn't as impressive as I imagined.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Coming into the season, I thought that Cammalleri was just a pure shooter and that on a team devoid of talent, he would be just coasting and waiting for a trade.

Cammy has shown me he's an all-round player and a really hard worker in all areas of the ice. He's really impressed me.

LetsGoFlames

Drop the puck!
Dec 18, 2011
Weyburn, Sk
Great thread. Lets see...

-I was wrong thinking that picking up Russell was barely worth the announcement. He's been great for us so far.

-I was wrong with the Poirier pick (like it appears, most of us were). Looks like he could be a real steal for us.

-I was wrong just before the draft when someone posted their mock draft and I assured him that Heatherington definitely wouldn't available around 50th overall, where he had him ranked. (Well done to predict that one, IMHO).

Hmmm. 3 things already and the season isn't even at the quarter mark yet. LOL :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad