[Official] Get your serving of crow with a piece of humble pie

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I still think his overall two way play has been really good, and for me, Backlund is a perfect 3rd line centre. And trading him won't net us a better return than that, so I want to keep him, as he's affordable, and is a good skater, and is one of our own draftees.

Is he living up to his pedigree? Not really, but I still think he is a totally ideal third line centre

I think he is. He was drafted in the bottom 3rd of the first round. A top 9 player there is absolutely living up to pedigree, in my opinion. Especially a good two-way player like Backlund.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I think he is. He was drafted in the bottom 3rd of the first round. A top 9 player there is absolutely living up to pedigree, in my opinion. Especially a good two-way player like Backlund.

I think he can still be a decent/good 2nd Line C. It is true. Your goal in the draft is too produce NHL players, once you are drafted the number you are picked at just becomes an expectation. Only matters how hard you work.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Assuming Millions has some inside info and is a bit more than a bumbling moron and the Flames are close to a new deal with Russell

Om nom nom nom

EatingCrow.jpg

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I didn't think Russell would break out this year like he did, like most people.

Galiardi has been a disappointment, only 1 goal (in the season's second game) and has not been good defensively.
I thought he was going to be a solid 10 goal, 30 point player. He's done it in the past, and I believe he can do it again.
Jones too. He started off well but barely had an impact since.

Perceptor

World Class
Mar 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'll eat humble pie on Wideman. I didn't think he was going to step up like he did when Gio went down and I too thought we'd be hard pressed to make the play-offs. Boy was I wrong on both counts, though not too unhappy :)

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'll eat humble pie. I never ever expected the Flames to do this. I expected 35-40 points for Johnny. I expected us to finish bottom 5. I even started researching top ten pick prospects with more ferocity when Gio got hurt.

Glad to eat it though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
"I like Josh Jooris, but he will never play in the NHL, he will top out as a top 6 AHL forward"
-AF

or something along those lines.

Thank you Josh for making me look foolish, now just help us clinch that playoff spot. :yo:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
"I like Josh Jooris, but he will never play in the NHL, he will top out as a top 6 AHL forward"
-AF

or something along those lines.

Thank you Josh for making me look foolish, now just help us clinch that playoff spot. :yo:

I had almost an identical report on him post prospect camp when we signed him.

Engelland has proven me wrong. You are not overpaid.

He's absolutely not someone you want consistently playing in your top 4, but he's stepped up HUGE since Gio went down. Played the best hockey of his career since then.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
One of my favourite quotes (and there's a lot) is way in the beginning in the constipation episode

Dale: Okay, but I got one that's guaranteed to work for you, Hank. You take a spoonful of bacon grease...
Hank: I'm not eating bacon grease.
Dale: You didn't let me finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad