[Official] Get your serving of crow with a piece of humble pie

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Sean Monahan for me, I thought he didn't have the offensive creativity or instincts like he has shown this season. Something nice to be wrong about.

Engelland has proven me wrong. You are not overpaid.

This for me as well, I was not too thrilled with the signing, but he has been a good reason Hartley has been able to roll the Wideman-Russell & Brodie-Engelland pairings consistently, instead of just Wideman-Russell-Brodie.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I ain't eating any crow.

I said we are playoff bound and Johnny hockey would score 60+ points.
Half way there.....

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I guess Wideman I've been wrong about. He has been quite as much of a detriment that I remember him being, but he's playing more solid? Without Gio, we'd be kind of ****ed without him too. His cap money could still likely be used better elsewhere, in an ideal world.

Not so much eating crow, but I also didn't expect Brodie to be this good this quickly as he's progressed over the last 2 years.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
The primary crow I have to eat is for being adamant, until the last week, that the Flames would miss the playoffs. The crow is delicious.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I guess ill just run down the list:

1. Being a bottom 6 team
2. Wideman
3. Johnny Gaudreau's rookie season point total

On the plus side these three things got us into the playoffs.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bump.

I was wrong. Ortio would have been claimed today by the Isles with Halak's injury and them claiming Berube.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I definitely was adamant that Byron wasn't going to be going anywhere this season due to him being a favourite of Hartley's. :(

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I just want to bump this and say I was wrong about Smith.

I was very much against the idea of him coming here when we acquired him, but it didn't take me long to come around. I just didn't want to say anything that might jinx during the season :laugh: Yes, his performance faltered after returning from injury, but I'm willing to look pass that cause a) he won us way more games than he cost us, b) I suspect he was never really 100%, and c) everyone shit the bed down the stretch and you can't win if you can't score.

1735916458_1240605367_eating_crow_answer_1_xlarge.jpg

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I was wrong about Smith. Very wrong indeed. Happily wrong though.

I was also wrong about Bennett. Thought he would take a step forward. Sadly wrong on that one.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Was wrong about Bennett, I thought he was poised for a huge year. I was also wrong about Lack, I thought he would do well here, and was wrong about Tkachuk, as I thought he'd take a big step forward - not that he hasn't been good, I just thought he would break out this year. Also did not see Frolik's dropoff coming.

On defense I thought Gio was going to put up numbers again and it was a little disappointing to see him fall short of what I know he can do. Also expected Stone to be a hell of a lot better.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I was wrong about Smith. Very wrong indeed. Happily wrong though.

I was also wrong about Bennett. Thought he would take a step forward. Sadly wrong on that one.
Hey, it looked like he might do so, for about a month. Backlund took a couple years too. Might as well be patient now, selling now would be selling too low.

Last edited:

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Like to see some Monahan love from some but they are too full of themselves to admit how wrong they are. 3rd line Winger.. pfft, Soft.. Pfft.

BT couldn't put more emotion into how much Sean tried to do down 2 legs and an arm.

Not bad we have the best one limbed C in the league.

EDIT

Oh and he still put up his best numbers yet.. 3rd line.. :naughty::naughty:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Yep, I've got crow to eat on Smith too. I was literally furious when I read about the trade. Still not happy we couldn't find a more permanent solution but there is no denying his impact, especially on the first half to two thirds of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad