(Official) Around the NHL 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I would suggest that $500 million from Las Vegas is not worth more than $500 million from one of the other potential options for expansion.
I think at this point Las Vegas & Quebec City are the only locks to get bids that already have arenas in place.

May 27, 2012
Earth
The Arena is on its way to be finished. Just 6 months ago it was nothing. Now it's getting close to completion. They are making very good time for 2016/2017.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There's already 30 teams in the league. Honestly, anything more is overkill and seeing as the league pushes so hard for parity between teams, all this is going to do is just water down the overall quality of the league.

But that's what people seem to want. Half of what goes up on the main boards these days is complaints about how there aren't any stand-out superstars these days. The league is 'suffering' from not a large enough talent disparity.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I think kansas city has great sports fans, theyd make it work if they do get a team

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
But that's what people seem to want. Half of what goes up on the main boards these days is complaints about how there aren't any stand-out superstars these days. The league is 'suffering' from not a large enough talent disparity.

It just seems excessive to me. There are already 6 teams which are pretty much after-thoughts in the league (CAR, BUF, TOR, NJ, EDM, ARI) as far as quality and skill goes. Now the NHL is no different than other American sports, in that all teams fall victim to a boom and bust cycle, and by the time we may see expansion, some of those teams mentioned above may have risen up, but will undoubtedly be replaced by others. With expansion, there's a very high risk for both new teams (I'm guessing they're probably going to be shooting for 32), to be cellar dwellers for some time.

I just don't want to see expansion for the sake of a profit, on the part of the league.

May 27, 2012
Earth
It just seems excessive to me. There are already 6 teams which are pretty much after-thoughts in the league (CAR, BUF, TOR, NJ, EDM, ARI) as far as quality and skill goes. Now the NHL is no different than other American sports, in that all teams fall victim to a boom and bust cycle, and by the time we may see expansion, some of those teams mentioned above may have risen up, but will undoubtedly be replaced by others. With expansion, there's a very high risk for both new teams (I'm guessing they're probably going to be shooting for 32), to be cellar dwellers for some time.

I just don't want to see expansion for the sake of a profit, on the part of the league.

It's a business after all.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Expansion might dilute the talent pool slightly but with how heavily coached the game is today, don't know if that will affect scoring significantly.

Then again, looking at a guy like Raymond who could put up 30-40 points in a scoring role but is currently a 4th liner or in the press box. Expansion would help guys like him and would help the top line talent playing against him.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
the Kansas City arena (in Missouri) is also unbelievable. There are also tons of businesses built around it and it's easy to access by public transit. They always have huge concerts there.

Just not sure hockey can compete with baseball or college football down there

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
the Kansas City arena (in Missouri) is also unbelievable. There are also tons of businesses built around it and it's easy to access by public transit. They always have huge concerts there.

Just not sure hockey can compete with baseball or college football down there
they did just fine in Nashville. And I would think there would be plenty of Blues fans in the region that would love their own team.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 2m2 minutes ago
End of an Era: Sather to hand over GM position to Gorton while remaining as NYR president. Announcement should come this afternoon.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
LOL, I just realized Erixon was traded yet again.

Calgary
New York
Columbus
Chicago
Toronto
Pittsburgh

Karma hurts.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
LOL, I just realized Erixon was traded yet again.

Calgary
New York
Columbus
Chicago
Toronto
Pittsburgh

Karma hurts.

Could have stayed in Calgary and would probably have a bottom pairing job today if he didn't mess up. He'd have been in the NHL learning sooner rather than later, and he wouldn't be bench fodder in NY and then elsewhere.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Could have stayed in Calgary and would probably have a bottom pairing job today if he didn't mess up. He'd have been in the NHL learning sooner rather than later, and he wouldn't be bench fodder in NY and then elsewhere.

Erixile difficulties :sarcasm:

Aug 21, 2014
Vancouver fires Lawrence Gillman (Assistant GM, capologist), Lorne Henning (Assistant GM), and Eric Crawford ( Director of Player Personnel)

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Canucks fan coming in peace, just wanted to say I really like what you guys have done. Think the team looks really good. Will be cheering for you guys once the playoffs roll around and we are not in them. Good luck with Gio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad