(Official) Around the NHL 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Last night at the game, there was a guy walking around with a sign that said "Flames fans. Canucks fans. At least we can all agree that we hate the Oilers. RIP McDavid." :laugh:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The author of that article should be fired, immediately. Sportsnet isn't trying to be the Inquirier, and that's how they are coming off.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Sharks should fire Wilson as well. Completely poisoned the well with Thornton and co.

I actually would have preferred Toronto over Edmonton for McDavid. But amusing to see that guy actually wanting the league to rig the lottery. Everyone knows they would have been crying murder if Arizona had won.

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
Not a Flames fan, but coming here in peace to wish you all at least 7 years (;)) of success and dominance over the Oilers. Watching the Oilers fans lord McDavid over the other 29 teams will be painful (they're already smug as hell and it's been not even 2 full days yet) but it will be even more annoying to be subject to it as their number one rival. I would love to see the Flames crush Oilers fans' dreams for years to come. No better messenger of heartbreak than their closest rival. Good luck!

Last edited:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Speaking about the Oilers, I don't see them making the playoffs next year. The West is just too good. Calgary and Vancouver have the possibility of missing the playoffs next yr, meanwhile Dallas and Colorado could rebound big time next season; same with LA.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Speaking about the Oilers, I don't see them making the playoffs next year. The West is just too good. Calgary and Vancouver have the possibility of missing the playoffs next yr, meanwhile Dallas and Colorado could rebound big time next season; same with LA.

Just like how Crosby and Ovechkin didn't turn their teams around immediately, there will be no difference with McDavid.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Just like how Crosby and Ovechkin didn't turn their teams around immediately, there will be no difference with McDavid.

Ovechkin and Crosby didn't turn it around without the help of Backstrom and Malkin, though.

I see McDavid making a huge impact, but not as big of an impact to get them into the playoffs.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
According to Friedman, the Oilers have reached out to McLellan to see if he's interested.

Surprisingly astute move for them, even though Nelson was pretty good for them. McLellan by himself still won't make them a playoff team in all likelihood though.

May 27, 2012
Earth
According to Friedman, the Oilers have reached out to McLellan to see if he's interested.

Surprisingly astute move for them, even though Nelson was pretty good for them. McLellan by himself still won't make them a playoff team in all likelihood though.

It would also be punch to the face for Nelson considering what he as done compared to Eakins. He knows how the players from OKC play, there is a reason why Lander is doing good as he is.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

I have a feeling the Oilers are going to be more active in a good way in the near future after promoting Bob Nicholson today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad